SAU Community

R32 Rb26Dett Into Auto Skyline

Not sure of the correct forum area to ask this question.

Quite simply.....

Q: Does the Rb26dett engine boltup to Rbxx automatic gearbox?

If so, what model Skyline auto would be easier to bolt-up to? R32 auto, R33 auto, or R34 GTT tiptronic?

Easier as-in with least amount of head/heartache. Leaning towards R32 at this stage.

I would have the auto modified at MV Autos to run with a manual shift setup and strengthened to suit 300rwkw.

Id be prepared to use the full R32 Rb26 loom, running Power-fc. Engine is fully built, and running in a manual rwd R32 sedan (track only).

Once Im done tracking it over a number of years Id be keen in dropping the engine into a road-registered automatic Skyline.

If it was a R32 I could use my current brakes & suspension setup, but would also be keen on a newer model, aka GTT R34 with tiptronic shift (again, auto would be modified for manual shift mode only).

Reason for auto - no knees means daily driving a manual is out of the question. I can handle a handful of days a year at the track but not daily due to chronic pain.

Once Im done tracking the car I want to keep the engine and mate it to a automatic skyline to make it my daily, and sell the track-car rolling shell and most likely the stagea too.

Thoughts & suggestions please, so I can start nutting out my plan of attack.

Cheers.

Hey Brendan, It's definitely been done.

I think Willall were the guys behind it - a local (SA) R33 Sedan. It was for sale on here a few years ago, Kye (Import S13) owned it for a while

will see if i can dig up the for sale thread for you

There was one in HPI magazine a few years back, probably the same one.

Biggest thing was sorting out wiring to the auto computer to the RB26 loom.

Other than that it all bolts up...

Thanks Luciano for the link, and to Sean for the conformation that the Rb26 bolts up to auto boxes.... THAT was what I wasnt sure about.

Know plenty about the skylines/stageas now after logging on to sau most days for over 6yrs, but one thing Im not experienced with is taking gearboxes/engine out of the chassis (due to my "disabled" lower body holding me back), hence I wasnt sure how it would bolt up. But I take your word for it Sean, thanks.

I onsold all my HPI magazines :(

However seeing Im in Adelaide, and Martin / Willall are sau:sa club sponsors I know where I'll be going to get it fitted, wired up & tuned :)