SAU Community

Cef33Y's New Ceffy

CEF33Y

Hey guys, thought id post up a bit of a build thread.

After blowing up the sr in my s14 track car for the second time, and having owned 2 cefiro's before hand, was stinging to get back into a RB 4 door

Picked it up few months ago as a roller, has r33 brakes and 5 stud, coilovers, uraids kit and not much else.

cefpickup.jpg

Not too keen on the black boot and bonnet, and uras kit either, but its a start!

Pic with my wheels off the s14

cef1.jpg

cef2.jpg

Picked up a r32 for the driveline, keen to stick with the rb20 for now, chasing reliability, and I know they can take a thrashing!!

r32front.jpg

Sold most of the parts off, including gbox, motor pretty much cost nothing by the end of it.

32 had a few goodies, hks boost controller, blitz bov, split dump, and a almost new HD clutch.

Picked up a rb25 gearbox, as the cef had a 25 setup befor, so the tailshaft suits already.

Gave the rb20 a bit of a birthday, new seals, water pump, timing belt, adjustable cam gears and a good clean, and all new exhaust studs, 4 broken ones too :/ that was fun fixing that.

rb20.jpg

rb20after3-1.jpg

rb20after.jpg

Also picked up a r33 turbo, for that little extra.

Thats where the drive line is at, atm hopefully have the motor and box together next weekend and in the car.

Still need to clean engine room, and de hicas it (lock bar already installed, but want to remove back of pump, and all stuff in bay)

Picked up a few new rims too, manaray vr5's in 18 by 9.5, +35, dont sit too bad, and kinda make the uras kit look a bit better. Still not sure. I picked up a autech front and sides and a stock rear bar, will more than likely run that on the street, blends in a bit more. But need to get the motor/box in and running first!!

cefrims.jpg

Still alot to do, tidy up interior, motor box loom install and hook up, the list is a long one.

Also, I seem to have a electronic rear vision mirror, will get pics, my first two didnt have them, and my mates cefiro's haven't got that either, anyone else?? Its got a auto dim function by the looks of it, hope it works!!

Anyway, constructive comments welcome!!

nice one mate.

i actually dont mind the paint and kit on this. i normaly hate cefiros. id prefer a laurel any day but then id prefer 4 door 33 any other day aha

good luck with the project!

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys

Things are going slow!! lol.

Been getting lots of little things out of the way.

Installed my 2 way center into my 4.3 diff, changed a cactus rear wheel bearing, new rear tie rods.

Installed new BC coilovers. Man they go low :)

Modded the s15 seat rails to bolt up. Didn't have the stock cefiro belt clip (female part) can't find any that plug into the cef seatbelt, so may have to pull belts right apart, use the r32 male and female parts. Thats gunna be a shit job lol.

Painted the brown interior bits I had, and did a retrim of the armrest lid, using the material from the map pocket of the stock seat! (im such a tightass) The material is just the right size, no cutting required lol.

Trim used.

seattrim.jpg

After retrim

armrest2.jpg

armrest.jpg

Modified a navara speedo drive to suit 33box to run a speedo cable, pretty simple, there are a few write ups on it but here's a few pics

Flat filed on navara shaft to suit 33 gear

speedo3.jpg

New locating slot filed

speedo2.jpg

Also changed brake master cylinder to a r32 gtst type, the car still had a BM38 on it (NA brakes?) but has had r33 calipers all round, thought would be wise to upgrade, had it there from the donor car anyways.

Removed all hicas from the car, using a r33 single stage pump and res.

Gave the enigne bay a good scrub, didnt realise crossmembers were grey from factory! had that much oil and grease covering it!

frontbare.jpg

IMAG0666.jpg

Had a good mate sorting out the wiring for me, running the stock r32 loom and ecu, and the plugs are fair different from cefiro where it plugs into the car loom under dash, and main power plug near passenger strut tower. Also sorted the wipers out so they still 'park' when switched off.

Wired in a consult port that the early cefiros didnt have (planning to run a nistune in the future so needed it).

Car and motor/box ready to go in tomorrow, few mates coming over, hopefully have it in, maybe running by tomorrow night, everything ready to plug and play, Motor and box hooked up, wirng loom attatched to gearbox, alt, starter etc.

motorbox.jpg

cefgarage.jpg

Oh and picked up a few other goodies, stock rear bar, autech front bar and sides. Not sure what im gunna run yet, uras is painted so will stay until its rego'd,

Also picked up some new wheels, black drifteks in 17x9.5 +18, they dont fit too bad. Although the missus is eyeing them off for her 300zx, :glare: black on black would look fair mean, plus she has some mad 17x9 +14 manaray dishies, so either way, plenty of rolling stock to switch around

drifttek.jpg

So yeah, aiming to have it running/rego'd by matsuri at wakefeild park late november.

Chasing a cooler setup now, would like to run turnflo style, so I can keep stock engine bay pipework, may even mod a generic cooler, run pipework back behind cooler. Will see what turns up.

Sorry bout the crappy quality pics, lens on the camera phone is messed up. :sleep:

Update!

Got the motor in over the weekend, went in relativly straight forward. Didn't even need to change gbox crossmember, the one that came with the box lined right up.

motorin.jpg

motorin2.jpg

Got a few little things out of the way, new front rack ends, boots.

Loom in and plugged in. Ran cooler pipes to inner guard, mounted r32 airbox, all fitted up pretty good.

My strut brace from my old s14 fits too, after trimming the throttle cable bracket.

Was planning to use a r33 pwr steer pump, but couldnt get the brackets I had to work, so removed the vanes from the rear of the 32 pump, welded up outlet, and changed the pump inlet to the one off the 33 pump so I could use a hose to suit 33 res. Had to make a bracket for the res to bolt up to stock mounts.

Bay is looking nice and stock, air box, stock cooler pipes, at least defect wise engine bay should be safe. Lol, just low and wheels I need to worry bout haha.

bay2.jpg

bay1.jpg

Better pic with the new wheels

closer.jpg

Next jobs, plumb up front mount, mod exhaust, install radiator, add fluids and fire up :)

• 1 month later...

Updates!

Been pretty slack, works is nuts so taking much longer than I wanted too. Anyways.

Got cooler pipes done, mulititude of other little jobs out of the way, radiator in, s14 fan modified, loom all taped up and mouned correctly. Removed a shitload of redundant wiring, car had a rb25 previously, and whoever did the wiring, man, there was crap everywhere, power feeds running from fuse box, in thru cabin, out to passenger front corner, no idea what it was for.

Most of the exhaust done. (twin 3 inch blast pipes) :)

Filled fluids, hooked up battery, cranked over with CAS disconnected to build oil pressure, hooked back up, and fired into life. Was pretty happy when it settled down into a nice RB burble.

Finally got to double check all the electrics, as I bought it as a roller, really had no way of checking, turns out like most other things the seller was a tad misleading. :glare:

Few things to sort out then.

Fog lights dont work, shouldnt be to hard to re wire if need be.

Auto headlights not working. No idea where to start on this.

Central locking playing up a bit.

Front bar indicators no worky.

But overall, all windows work, all other lights are go, and best part, the auto tinting rear vision mirror works!! way over engineered but cool none the less :)

Anyway, some pics of return flow cooler pipes, and a few of how its sitting all back together. Still not sure on wheels, these probly not staying on, fronts are the missus off her 300, and not sure if I like the rears. Fronts are a 225 45 17, and with the offset (+6) id have to run a 205, (which im not too keen on) to get them to fit.

Oh and sorry for the crappy pics, phone camera. If only Stang was on the east coast, his shots are wicked.

coolerpipes2.jpg

coolerpipes.jpg

cefdriversfront.jpg

ceffrontpass.jpg

cefreardrivers2.jpg

cefside-1.jpg

next up, chase littles issues, finish exhaust, mount gauges, engineer then rego. Sounds so easy when you say it fast ! lol

• 1 month later...

Soooo,

Not much been happening, trying to organise the engineer so i can finally rego it.

Did add a rear wing, not to sure about it, looks good from some angles, but others it just looks dodge. Have a spare no holes boot lid that ill get painted in white anyway, so easy to fix if I decide to swap back.

What you guys reckon? (Flame suit on!)

cefside-2.jpg