SAU Community

HKS pod install -- PICTURES

Steve, haven't driven it yet, but as the ambient temp is only 8-12 degrees at the moment I may not be able to tell, will get more of an idea when its hot.

doxximus, I can't give birth, but thats about it..... :lol: , Nah just kidding, its not a matter of what I can't do but won't try, Everyone can do anything but it may not always turn out right, the thing is you never know until you give it a burl. I should practice my welding more as I am super nervous when I start to weld, I spend so long preparing the other pieces of metal only to screw them up when I weld, oh well, must practice some more.

Next time you need something for your car try and work out how much YOU can do. One of the best things to do is try doing half of the job, like if you want a alloy oil catch can, buy the material cut it and file it and get it just right THEN take it to someone to weld. That way you still get the enjoyment and experience of making it as well as saving heaps of money in labour time.

Give it a go.

Cam

BOOSTMEISTER nice work, where did you buy your aluminium exhaust shielding from that you've stuck on the rear bumper? looks tops :)

Its actually 3M alloy tape. It comes in a roll and is about 5cm wide. It is super sticky and tears easilly, imagine the tin seal inside a lid of milo etc, its basically that with one side sticky. Most big hardware shops sell it.

I actually took it off and will replace with carbon soon.

B_D_P

Thanks, I used a piece of 3mm mild steel sheet for the section that bolts to the afm and I used a mild steel 3" 45 degree bend for the bend and a 3"-4" mild steel transition to flare up to the 4" opening of the HKS filter. It has all been powder coated in the new colour that I am going with in the engine bay ( cam covers included ) Always powder coat or paint mild steel as it rusts.

I would have preffered to use stainless but I have no ss wire for my MIG and not to mention that it is so hard to work with due to its tuffness.

AFM is the standard RB20 item (80mm) which is the same diameter as the Z32 one, from what I have been told the z32 item reads the air flow differently and thats why guys change to it. I was going to go this way but decided to change to 550cc injectors instead as this will reduce the load on the AFM, and I get bigger injectors