SAU Community

Rb26 Itb's And Plenum On To Rb25 Or Rb20

I found this inlet manifold adaptor to fit Rb26 inlet plenum and ITB's on the Rb25's plus they do a Rb20 version

At first I thought they did the old cut and weld option onto a rb25 inlet runners, but it is different

Then I thought they had done a cut and weld onto a rb25 greddy style inlet manifold, but no

I think they have made up a new casting with mounting plates to bolt the ITB's onto and have made a remote seperate IAC box. It does away with the rb26 injector section of the inlet.

The attached pic's are are R34 Rb25det version.

Having a close look at the adpator it looks the same a greddy style manifold around the injectors ports and mounts. The flange onto the ITB's looks to be a 1 piece casting, ie not welded onto the runners.

Also the reason I think it is not a greddy style manifold is the angle of the radiator hose connection.

It is square like a factory manifold and not at a angle like the greddy.

The main negative problems with either the Blitz style adaptor plate is the angle of the injectors and the cut and shunt to stock manifold is the different runner spacing and angles.

With this version they seem to have solved those issues, I can not see any problems or disadvantage with this design

Cost is not cheap at approx $700-750 plus post form Japan etc.

Does not include the rb26 setup, so add $300-400.

Your thoughts??

I have Neo rb25det with greddy style manifold already, but would luv ITB's with VCT

post-14923-0-32770100-1312334463_thumb.jpg

post-14923-0-24473500-1312334473_thumb.jpg

post-14923-0-94677300-1312334480_thumb.jpg

Edited by darrinspencer

mate that is a good find!

same price what i paid for my CPC plenum too......

how come the iac mount only was one opening where stock has two with a divider piece in the middle?

(or is 1 all thats needed)

I found them on Yahoo. I think it will be close to $950-1000 landed

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view?url=http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f101401033&thumb=http://f6.auctions.c.yimg.jp/img321.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/2/4/5/6/assemble2006-thumb-1297139207470101.jpg&title=RB25 NEO6 GTR KIT

As mentioned, they do a Rb20, R33 Rb25 and R34 Neo kit.

No mention on the company who makes them

They look similar quality to the other cheap chinese greddy styles manifolds.

They only cost approx $150 wholesale price in china for example.

Might try and find the supplier/manufacture as I have a few contacts and inport some parts from china now.

I currently run the greddy style copy on my Neo with gt3076r

I am very keen to try one of these out and do back to back test.

It won't be be for at least to 6-8 weeks thuo.

I can't really see any negatives with this setup?

Anyone have any idea's??

Edited by darrinspencer

i mean when you run the rb26 ITB's it apprently eliminates the vct.

I think that would happen when you use the full Rb26 intake with injector section and an adaptor plate as it would foul the VCT solnoid>

This kit is cast the same way, ie rad hose connection as the Rb25 manifold so it will clear the VCT. win win.

I have just email Aaron at IM to see if he can contact the seller and find out more info.

i found these on yahoo yesterday also after posting my comment.

although i could only find kits for rb20 and neo rb25

my rb25 is a s2 r33 engine.

definitely do more research into where the manifold is made, im eager to purchase asap

• 3 months later...