SAU Community

Yet Another Training Log.....

GHOSTrun

oh i see. cool. will check back to see ur progress.

i hate squats, it hurts my back so i leg press instead lol. i remember when i first started i was stuck on 50-70kg bench press for like a year.never did legs, deadlifts etc. Once i started squatting, deadlifts etc bench pressing went from 70kg at 4 reps to like 100kg with 4 reps in like 4 months. was after like almost 2.5 years of no gym work too! my 1 rep max is like 140kg or 145kg but that was like 2 or so months ago. i should try it again. damn i need to catch up to my mate who is pulling out 3x 160kg....damn it! lol (i wanna be able to BP double my body weight :( )

Edited by drsilliez

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2/12/11

SQ

Bar x 10

40kg x 10

70kg x 10

90kg x 5

120kg x 5

150kg x 3

150kg x 2

150kg x 1

150kg x 1

150kg x 1

150kg x 1

140kg x 3

140kg x 3

140kg x 3

130kg x 5

120kg x 6

Box SQ (40cm box)

120kg x 20

Edited by GHOSTrun

5/12/12

BP

Bar x 20

40kg x 10

60kg x 10

80kg x 8

100kg x 1

80kg x 7

80kg x 6

80kg x 6

60kg x 12

60kg x 10 (CG)

60kg x 11 (CG)

Single arm KB rows

32kg x 10

Unbearable pain in left elbow and both shoulders. Crap session. Bench was absolute shit and all over the shop. Wah wah wah f**k.

7/12/12

SQ

Bar x 10

40kg x 10

70kg x 10

90kg x 5

120kg x 16

140kg x 3

140kg x 4

140kg x 4

140kg x 4

140kg x 4

150kg x 1

150kg x 1

155kg x 1

Missed 157.5kg twice, bit annoyed, had absolutely nothing left out of the hole

Box SQ (45cm box)

170kg x 10

220kg x 3

Squats felt hard, knees feel like smashed shit

is 155kg a PB for you? good lift, well over 2x body weight... not a lot of guys can put over twice their weight on their back and squat it, well done

I haven't been squatting much as I've concentrating on improving my deadlift... gotta get back to them... my flexibility is garbage though, old man had me doing overhead squats the other night and I can barely get into the right position, let alone go deep... can't back squat deep very well, hamstrings, calves etc too tight from sitting at a bloody desk all day

is 155kg a PB for you? good lift, well over 2x body weight... not a lot of guys can put over twice their weight on their back and squat it, well done

Narh, 160kg is my PB.

2x bodyweight is 140kg, have done that for 6 reps before setting the new PB of 160kg,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvEL9M2IObY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs4lR3LEaXU

Edited by GHOSTrun

KezR33: yeah sounds good, will give it a go. I can go under parallel but my lower back starts to round as my glutes/hams/calves pull the pelvis forward so for safety I don't go too deep... I should stretch more but I really hate it... will incorporate it in my warmup sets, just sit at the bottom as you suggest

yeah good form there Ghosty, some pretty solid squatting... I've never tried a maximum squat

9/12/12

BP

Bar x 10

40kg x 10

60kg x 5

80kg x 3

100kg x 1

80kg x 8

80kg x 8

80kg x 7

80kg x 6

80kg x 6

80kg x 4

CGBP

60kg x 10

60kg x 11

60kg x 10

MP

40kg x 8

40kg x 10

40kg x 8

FPR's

25kg x 5

25kg x 10

Pullups

Edited by GHOSTrun

12/12/12

SQ (PPP 170kg, week 1)

Bar x 10

40kg x 10

70kg x 10

90kg x 5

122.5kg x 5

120kg x 5

105kg x 5 (misloaded bar, meant to be 115kg)

110kg x 5

110kg x 5

115kg x 5

Box SQ (45cm box)

170kg x 12

170kg x 12

170kg x 12

Edited by GHOSTrun

Mon-Fri working towards this, on tues/thurs it differs slightly in the evening with meal times and substance because no training. Weekends are free for all except no alcohol (a given anyway, don't remember the last time I drank).

7am (breakfast)

Protein Shake (30g)

x3 whole eggs, scrambled

x1 apple

x2 handful of almonds

x5g fish oil

x1 multivitamin

coffee

10am (morning tea)

Protein Shake (30g)

185g tuna

x1 apple

x2 handful of almonds

x5g fishoil

1pm (lunch)

Protein Shake (30g)

~200g steak

x1 small pack steamed veg

x5g fish oil

coffee

4pm (afternoon tea)

Protein Shake (30g)

185g tuna

x1 apple

x2 handful of almonds

x5g fishoil

6.30pm (pre-training)

Protein Shake (30g)

Train @ 7pm-8/8.30pm

9.30pm (Dinner)

Protein Shake (30g) (straight after training)

~200g steak

x3 whole eggs, scrambled

x2 handful of almonds

x5g fish oil

x1 multivitamin

~250g cottage cheese before bed if I can fit it in

During the week

- No softdrink

- No fast food

- No missed meals

- No missed training sessions

Isn't that too much protein? Why not at least try to put the shakes between each meal, rather than ontop of each meal?

Also, no carbs at all? I understand you're probably not trying to put on weight, but there's no carbs at all, not even in the morning.

Isn't that too much protein? Why not at least try to put the shakes between each meal, rather than ontop of each meal?

Also, no carbs at all? I understand you're probably not trying to put on weight, but there's no carbs at all, not even in the morning.

He's taking in steamed veggies and fruit, and I'm not sure but wouldn't the almonds contain useful carbs?

Will prolly have to change it, I've been told I need clean carbs in there (as apposed to hardly any) otherwise I'm just pissing away the protein. *sigh* /confused

My initial logic for very little carbs and loads of protein was trying to lose bodyfat whilst being able to to maintain and even grow muscle, but have since been told clean carbs play a part in growing muscle, not just protein alone.

non-starchy carbs... starch is basically sugar once its broken down in the body

go for brown rice, sweet potato, beans (navy, red etc) and heaps of other stuff

you also need some fibre in there for gut health... helps you to better absorb nutrients if your digestive system is working properly... that and you need to poop... pooping is awesome

You cannot gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, calories in vs. calories out.

From your diet though, too much protein, too much tuna and pretty much no carbs. Chicken, vegetables, sweet potato, brown rice and olive oil, thank me later.

Also do not base foods off the GI, are you a diabetic? are you going to avoid white potatoes because they are high in GI but are loaded with nutrients?

I avoid them because they taste like shit, lol

Solid argument haha

Honestly I really don't think u need that much protien in a shake form, ur wasting ur money. Being that ur only 70kg from memory? U only need 200g of protein a day and u will get alot of that from ur food.

Instead replace it with chicken/fish cause ur goin to get real sick of eating that shit ur on now.

At the end of the day u need carbs to put on strength and size, don't worry about this low carb diet crap cause if u wanna get big u will need them. Just eat them at the right type at the right time

Edited by GTR_JOEY