SAU Community

Yet Another Training Log.....

GHOSTrun

Made some minor adjustments to the eating plan, it's now looking like this -

2,820 cal/day

40% P, 45% F, 15% C

- 3.4g P/kgBW

- 100g carbs/day, with room to add more if I need.

My reasoning for this; I've been eating a lot (of shit) in the last 6 months and hover between 78-80kg at the moment, however I've put on a fair bit of fat as well which is not totally desirable, but, I don't want to do a proper cut as I believe it is detrimental for my overall growth at this stage. I am more so looking at a longer term sustainable diet that will slowly alter my composition.

So maintenance calorie level for an 80kg weightlifter is approximately 2640 cal/day. I have come up with an eating plan that is slightly above that, low in carbs high in protein and essential fatty acids, and when you take into account the energy expenditure from 4 days in the gym + mowing lawns on the weekend (side business) and doing 30mins of leaflet drops (cardio) in the mornings before work during the week, that should put me on a slight deficit, but in the right environment to maintain and/or even build muscle, whilst burning fat.

Plan is to review every 4-6 weeks.

I have the following tools at my disposal to monitor progress

1. strength in the gym

2. dexa scan

3. mirror

Disclaimer: I don't know as much as I'd like to about nutrition, I have done limited reading and conversed with some (seemingly) knowledgeable people to shape my ideas, but I have no sure way of knowing if I'm on the right path or not since everyone's opinion on nutrition is different, and I'm not prepared to pay for the knowledge at this stage when I am in a position to learn stuff myself by trial and error. Thoughts welcome! :)

Edited by GHOSTrun

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Righto thanks for that man.. Damn that's alot of protein though, why so much?

Ive always been taught/told/believed that to build mass 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight..

So I'm 88kg so I shoot for 200g

Though I've been told lately that what ever weight you want to reach, you must have the protein and calorie intake of a person already at that weight.. Ie if I wanted to be 100kg I'd need 220 grams of protein a day

Though I've been told lately that what ever weight you want to reach, you must have the protein and calorie intake of a person already at that weight

That's actually pretty spot on with my philosphy - eat to what your goal is

From the circles I get info from they all recommend 3-4g protein per kg bodyweight.

Edited by GHOSTrun

2/7/12

BP

bar x 20

40kg x 20

60kg x 25

80kg x 10

80kg x 7

80kg x 7

80kg x 7

80kg x 7

RGBP

70kg x 11

70kg x 9

70kg x 8

CGBP

60kg x 8

60kg x 6

Single Arm KB Rows

32kg x 15

32kg x 15

28kg x 10

28kg x 10

28kg x 10

Trap bar bent rows

75kg x 10

75kg x 10

DB Curls

20kg x 10

15kg x 10

10kg x 10

How come you start heavy on the bi-curls and drop weight in progressive sets? Was this experimental or a normal set for you?

How come you start heavy on the bi-curls and drop weight in progressive sets? Was this experimental or a normal set for you?

It's fluff tbh.

If I wanted to do the exercise properlly from BB point of view, I'd be using 12.5-15kg, seated incline, making sure no momentum and it's purely about muscle contraction and the pump. But what I did tonight (and most nights) is just an overload on the arms. I do them standing so there's a bit of momentum and not gonna lie but the shoulders and whatever else do help lift. Only waited like a minute between sets, and dropped the weight so I could continue because I was running out of time and low on energy.

If I had a mirror at my gym and wore a singlet I'd probably take more interest in doing them properly but the above is just something I like to do for my own reasons, it's one of many strength indicators I have that tell me where I'm at at that point in time, in reference to my best ever lifts on those exercises etc. (eg. when I often trained db curls properly I had worked up to using 20kg legit form, now I train them once in a blue moon, just want to see 'how far off the pace' I am so to speak)

Edited by GHOSTrun

It was a bit frustrting tonight, I really wanted to do some more stuff but I was already bordering on 2hrs and there just isn't enough time in the day lol.

4/7/12

SQ

bar x 10

40kg x 10

70kg x 10

90kg x 10

120kg x 10

140kg x 10 - new PB

150kg x 1

175kg x 1 - new PB

140kg x 8

140kg x 6

140kg x 6

140kg x 5

120kg x 6...patellar tendon in right knee said call it a night

well done! your squat volume is out of control... how you walking today!?

Feel ok today, tmoro and day after will be worse.

The tendon pain actually hurts more than the DOMS, and I wanted to do another 5 sets at 120 and then 100, but without the co-opperation of the tendon, no go.

I feel this volume is still not as much as I used to do when I was younger and trained hard. Since starting the new diet which I am totally dedicated too I have also decided to step up my training.

I hadn't trained heavy for 2 weeks due to the flu... did 4 sets of squats 12 x 60kg, 12 x 80kg, 10 x 100kg, 8 x 120kg... and I can hardly walk! your log is laughing at my pussyness lol

fck it, I'm going to just train back today... makes me feel better about myself hahaha

your diet is crazy too... impressed at the organization... I eat very similar to the pic you posted but I'm nowhere near as calculated about it... good work, will be keen to see how you progress

I got the results back today and sent them to "O.N" (the sponsor for the trial from AusBB.com forum), they were not what he or I was expecting. After some discussion and investigation we decided the following factors have ruined this trial and it is not a fair representation of the product.

Trial period was 4 weeks, the first 2 weeks were good, the second 2 weeks I got the flu, I wasn't able to train for the 2 weeks, the 3rd week happened to be my birthday so I had some alcohol on the Saturday and Sunday nights, and I did not abstain from sex 3-5 days before the blood trial, had pizza & 1.25L Pepsi every night for 8 days in a row, whilst I was sick with the flu. The blood test was done whilst I was still getting over the flu.

Moving forward, O.N. is keen to get me to do the trial again without being sick, poor diet and whilst training my normal schedule, because he stands behind his product. So what we're looking at is me taking a month off the product to get it out my system. Variables that will be kept constant for the new trial are

- diet

- health (won't have the flu/symptons anymore)

- training

- abstain from sex 3 days before each before/after blood test

- no alcohol

I will make a new post when I start the trial again and keep everyone updated.

Edited by GHOSTrun

holy shit dude, what happened to chicken soup and vitamins lol... the local pizza place must love you!

I used to work there many years ago, my friend owns it, pizzas are cheap for me :P

Edited by GHOSTrun