SAU Community

Arx Plastic Guards

jidge

wont you need new front guards and have the holes in the rear quarters filled too?

not to mention the side skirts wont fit as they have the wheel arch cutouts in them

just paint the whole kit aaron

yep will be doing this. with an axis front if i can get it down here from brisbane. otherwise ill start hunting IM.

Ahhh, I see (slaps forehead). Then what I was meaning was turn it into a flare-less RS/RX look. But if there is heaps of work required to patch up bodywork after the flares come off....better not to bother.

Edit: thanks Iain, you answered my question.

too much work actually. i explained to cam what the panel beaters told me when I asked about it a while ago.

the holed need to be welded up, then bogged once cooled etc. they said after time because the metals are different(aged etc) the bog will crack after it expands.

Price is in your inbox mate.

thanks. yep tell her to order it for me man.

Agreed.

Steps to transform ugly ARX into not-ugly :P

1. Acquire Axis front and rear bars

2. Get a custom grill made up (or pay through the arse for Axis grill, bonnet ornament and backing)

3. Colour code the lot

the bar im looking at comes with the grill.. ill have to get an ornament made up for the bonnet though, no rush.

thanks. yep tell her to order it for me man.

Done.

I'll let you know when you can pick it up.

the bar im looking at comes with the grill.. ill have to get an ornament made up for the bonnet though, no rush.

Or just run it without the bonnet ornament.

It blocks out too much airflow anyway :P

Done.

I'll let you know when you can pick it up.

Or just run it without the bonnet ornament.

It blocks out too much airflow anyway :P

thanks man,

yeh i bought the bar, im not fussed about the bonnet bit. i dont think it will be very noticable, especially if i decide to hack it.

thanks man,

yeh i bought the bar, im not fussed about the bonnet bit. i dont think it will be very noticable, especially if i decide to hack it.

Did someone say a slice of 0.9mm Stainless and some double sided tape?:P

Interested in offloading your grille?:wave:

:cheers:

Whenever you like mate; I'm in no hurry.

Hopefully whoever does your paint works faster than my guy...

Edited by Daleo

I actually like the look of the ARX, I reckon non-ARX models look like they have "too much body" at the back end if that makes sense???

I must be weird... an ARXophile

I would consider colour coding the kit, but I have seen varing results depending on the colour.

:cheers:

Whenever you like mate; I'm in no hurry.

Hopefully whoever does your paint works faster than my guy...

lol yeh i might wait abit first thought depennding on funds..

ill get the grill to you quickly coz ill just throw the front bar on so yeh..

I actually like the look of the ARX, I reckon non-ARX models look like they have "too much body" at the back end if that makes sense???

I must be weird... an ARXophile

I would consider colour coding the kit, but I have seen varing results depending on the colour.

lol it looks gay in white

yep. but i havent made the transaction yet so couldnt give two shits, let alone 1

My sister had to report someone for that once. She automatically paid via paypal, then the guy said he didn't accept Paypal, and wouldn't transfer the goods until he paid by bank transfer.

Gee the gene pool is shallow in some spots...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Apologies for bringing up an old topic.

My drivers side front fender flare flew off on Pittwater rd a few weeks ago. I'm struggling to find a replacement, just thought I would check here if anyone is wrecking an ARX or have any spares they would like to sell me? :)

Amayama wants north of $400 delivered.  Part number is 63810-AQ100

I am aware of the few ARX's wrecking on eBay at the moment, but they have either been sold, or the fender flare is glued on so the guy wants to sell me whole guard.

Long shot, I know. But cheers anyway :91_thumbsup: