SAU Community

My C33 Laurel

DannyC33

I went into Sleeka Spares a few weeks ago to pick up a HICAS lock bar kit, which includes the bits and pieces for blocking off the hydraulic lines. I'm not sure if it was meant for S13/Cefiro specifically, it was $140, I'm yet to install it though.

I'm actually going there in a few minutes to pick up some A31 Jap novelty plates, will ask them about it for you and let you know later today.

All good man. cheers.

a problem occured yesturday.

on the way to work i stopped at a servo to buy breakfast. (big can of v and a pack of smokes) and when i got back into the car it wouldnt start.

just turned over really quickly. it eventualy cranked into life. but didnt seem happy about it.

got to work parked up. all good.

when i went to leave it wouldnt start at all.

just cranks over really fast.. like it did in the mornin.

it seems like its been gettin harder to start for the last couple weeks now but i hadnt really noticed it till today.

any ideas?

haha yeah he was a decent dude. cant really see it in the pics. but the last meter or so of the flat bed was actually hinged. so it made it on a much flatter incline. otherwise no way in hell the laurel would have made it up onto that truck :P

its at boostworx currently. shaun says i should hear from him this mornin sometime...

fingers crossed its nothin major/expsensive.

minor update.

just rang boost worx.

apparently it now runs... sounds like it should be good.. except they arent actually sure why it stopped work..

or why it now works again for that matter..

apparently the fuel pump isnt building fuel pressure very quickly.

and the ignitor seems to have had a bit of a cry but has now gotten over it.. odd because i changed it yesturday for an apparent known workin one and no difference.

they cleaned up a few terminals and plugs and sensors. took it for a drive and apparently ran sweet other then the stutter. which they diagnosed as a dirty afm so cleaned it and apparently runs sweet now.

they are keepin it for a bit longer to do a few more tests on it. so should get it back tonight.

fingers crossed

so yeah havent really had much of a chance to do anythin with my car lately.

mainly because ive been workin on this

DSCF1549.jpg

this is my mate lukes car.

some people might remember it from when luke fink owned it.

finally after about 6 weeks of flat out work on this thing is got its first drive last night after 6 months of bein f**ked.

just in time for his wedding in october in which both out laurels will be the wedding cars.

cant f**kin wait.

heres a vid of its first drive

th_DSCF1557.jpg

hey guys when i put this lock bar in i want to replace the hicas arms at the same time.

just to make sure the ball joints and stuff are all good.

anyone know a part number for the tie rods in the hicas rears? or if they are the same as anythin?

another question.

i picked up a vg30 turbo yesturday. and im just wondering if i have to change the oil and water lines on my laurel?

i know on my hr31 i had to as it was a redtop and i put a silvertop turbo on it.

but yeah not sure is the c33 silvertops run the same lines as r32.

ive been told that c33/a31 use a redtop turbo from factory?

decided it was time to turn the boost up on saturday. so with out test driving i just screwed the thing down on the turbo tech.

then a little later took it for a drive.

slowly brought up the revs at about 1/3 throttle and in 2nd at about 4k rpm i watched the boost gauge rocket to over 20 psi......

and when i backed off it made this strange woooosh noise. similar to like a vent atmo bov... but i dont have one haha.

anyways. babied it to my destination then wound the boost back down. another test run. 10psi.. aww stock...

eventually got it to sit on 15psi. happy with that got new turbo waitin so itll be ok haha. makes some ah.... funny noises.

and at full boost it does the wooosh thing instead of flutter hahaha.

oh also got the laurel tinted on saturday and fitted up my new chrome passenger headlight and corner light.

coz mine had grey ones on the passenger side for some reason..

pics

DSCF1615.jpg

DSCF1614.jpg