SAU Community

...so We Just Bought An R33 Gts25T

it's a manual RB25DET equipped GTS-T, seems to have the 'super HICAS' on it, whatever that is :P ....and it has one of these little f**kers on it, which I've no idea what to do with..

1032.jpg

how do I set it up properly, the boost on both settings seemed to be wound ALL the way down so it made all the funny turbo noises with no power produced :P

I don't know shit about turbos OR skylines really since I've never owned either. Educate me!! :D We smashed some new oil into it today, replaced driver's seat that had a rip in it, and gave it a quick backyard spec alignment (was way off, probably due to something i haven't worked out yet being bent..) and it seems to be going alright. Tried winding up the boost on the high setting a little; seemed to work somewhat but I'm worried about leaning it out because I know nothing about these things :) is the factory boost gauge usually fairly reliable/accurate?

Anything I should be looking at changing immediately on purchase? Was thinking plugs and leads but I fail there because it doesn't have leads :) lol..

Anyway interested to hear ideas on how I should approach this! I need to learn a lot about this car.

Thanks

Sam

the factory boost gauge is far from accurate, and you should also note that it doesn't read in PSI. first thing you should do before playing with the boost is get an aftermarket gauge.

as for how much boost you can run, that depends on your mods, but if it's still running the stock ecu then if you go too high the ecu will start to work against you. you shouldn't have any issues with it leaning out (unless the fuel pump is shagged) but the opposite. the stock ecu will make it run rather rich.

got RWC today.

turbo timer is on the to-do list, along with figuring out why it doesn't like WOT..

any recommendations on brand for the timer?

Coilpacks are Splitfire, look brand new, and I replaced the plugs with NGK BCPR6ES as recommended by an antilag member.

Boost gauge definitely on the hit list, need ideas on where to mount a few gauges as well as types that don't look too homo....