SAU Community

V35 Gt8 Sedan Manual Conversion + Introduction

found most of the parts, buying them and arranging shipment this week, tomorrow..

so hopefully should be in the shop 'c-red' by next week if shipping is fast.. yeeeh!

not sure whether to go for an aftermarket clutch/flywheel setup or to go with a stock setup, the 350z halfcut i've found has 35ish k's on it,

stock clutch and flywheel is $275 from this halfcut, not mentioning the shop because if someone else jumps on these parts im f**ked! will mention after..

aftermarket clutch/flywheel is $1600 thru c-red, so im thinking i'll just roll with the stock one for now, get a button clutch and light flywheel when i get more power or this one dies.

rolling with the gt-8 ecu and just tricking it to work, i need the ignition key and imobilser module from the halfcut.

will keep yall posted.

peace,

seb

yeh its all going to plan, i got the money there ready to go since selling my fc..

purchased the gearbox lastweek, should be getting shipped this week.

put a down payment on the parts from the 350z halfcut which has landed, except for the tail shaft which is coming oct 9th(my bday)

so once all the parts are here its a pretty simple matter of droppin the v35 at c-red and waiting a week, im guessing something will come up where i need another part or something goes wrong... modifying cars eh?

still havent sussed out the lsd, since im getting most the drivetrain from this 350z thats landed and its only done 35 odd thousand k's, i might roll with that one if i can get it for cheap, even though its a viscious lsd and i know its bound to wear out and spin single leg eventually, 35k's is fair, should have a bit of life in it.

also after driving the car a bit, it has enough power for me now, its just the lsd issue -of not having it. im used to my rx7 fc and the lsd was amazing!!

in the wet the v35 will step out pleasantly enough, but in the dry its very single leg. i feel like a goose with there first commodore or falcon lol..

i have enough money for the 6mt conversion and some spare, so maybe coilovers is next....

turbo is still definitely on the cards, i do have a brand new t72 sitting here still in plastic wrap, but i think it's far to big for the v..

after selling some music equipment i need to offload and other shit etc + making some dosh, turbo is on the cards :)

peace

heres my music btw if anyones bored

http://soundcloud.com/padlock-crate-digger

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Bumping an old thread lol...

The car has been garaged since 2013. Just in the past month I've been gathering the motivation to finish this project up.
I found this thread which covers the 6mt swap process in nice detail step by step. But it's for a g35 and 5AT->6mt, So there may be a few differences..
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-diy/552038-5at-to-6mt-swap-info-diy-guide-thread.html

And here's a parts list someone from that thread posted which seems fairly accurate for reference.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19f3j81JZH8ajiqfUhnDdfWXNqDriAaca-rtUPMv6HZs/edit#gid=0

I'm just looking for someone to help me with it now.
Anyone know a backyard mechanic in Perth who likes cash money lol?

I've called the whole thing a loss so I have no financial attachment to this car anymore as it's been so long, so that's a plus.
I'm going to service the motor this week and see how it's liked being shelved for a number of years.

Anyone have any tips for servicing a vq35de that hasn't run for a period of time?

I'll keep you all posted.
Cheers

• Like 1