SAU Community

Possible To Get 300Kw With Stock Gtr Turbos

sinistaGTR

Looking at going a completely different route with my car and getting a dual tune with BP98 and E85.

Currently making 260kw on BP98 on 1.2bar with stock 34 GTR turbos, full exhaust, nismo panel filter.

With 1000cc injectors and bigger fuel pump, do you think its possible to get 300kw on E85. I will be getting N1s or GTSS turbos at a later stage. Financially it isnt possible to get turbos atm due to my savings for another Japan trip being priority.

Edited by sinistaGTR

Don't know if it's possible, but the amount of money your gonna spend for a tune on e85 with stock turbos, ur better off putting that money towards -7/-9 turbos and at a later date get it tuned on e85

Also dunno if it's worth pushing the stock turbos that hard

Not possible safely.

280-290 is do-able... 40rwkw hike wont come from E85 alone. Which means pushing stock turbos further than you already are.

Personally id never go above 1bar with stock items given if they let go, your engine stands a reasonable change to go with it.

for 3000 posts im surprised you have to ask, but i guess SAU is pretty big forum :) listen to ash though, he's got a lot of experience with this :D

you might do looking through guilt-toys thread, that should give you some ideas on where to gain performance without much cost.

for 3000 posts im surprised you have to ask, but i guess SAU is pretty big forum :) listen to ash though, he's got a lot of experience with this :D

you might do looking through guilt-toys thread, that should give you some ideas on where to gain performance without much cost.

If your hinting at me to search, i actually sat here for the past 2 hours looking through different crap on E85 and there was no answer on my specific question. Yes I know ash has the experience hence why I asked the question.

:action-smiley-069: 293rwkw on v-power and stock r32 turbos @ 1.3bar or 19psi for 5 years and still going strong ( i only use that boost for dyno and drags and do not do a burnout ), 300 on 34 turbos with E85 should be easy with the right setup and tuner. scott at insight has said if i go aftermarket injectors and E85 he can get another 20-25rwkw out of my setup

the different design of the 34 turbos makes them stronger then the 32-33 turbos so they will handle a little bit more boost

U sure u got stock r32 turbos? Ur car might have n1's without u knowing...

i have and have played with GTRs for near ten years, there is not much i don't know about them, i changed the turbos about a year ago with the pair that originally came with the car cause the bearings where floged out on the ones on the car( from half cut i put in in 2006 after spinning a bearing at wakefeild), the front housing is .42 and the rear is .48 and a magnet will not stick to the exhaust wheel on either pair

well depends how much he drives, the stockies will do 300kw no problem, just depends on longevity :D

pretty much a daily driver but i don't drive on full boost every where i go and general duties and track use it is on 15psi (261rwkw) and not much more then 1/4 throttle

yea well 261rwkw is much more realistic power for longevity...

one thing im confused about, you say you have stock r34gtr turbos, aren't they N1 already?

No. It's a common misbelief that R34 turbo's have NON ceramic turbines.

R34 GTR turbo's still have Cermaic turbines, N1 turbo's were on the N1 and NUR's only. The V-Spec or V-Spec II's did not have steel turbines.

No. It's a common misbelief that R34 turbo's have NON ceramic turbines.

R34 GTR turbo's still have Cermaic turbines, N1 turbo's were on the N1 and NUR's only. The V-Spec or V-Spec II's did not have steel turbines.

yeah this /\ /\ , the r34 turbos are a completely different turbo to the 32-33, housings and wheels, still ceramic but due to the design of the exhaust wheel they can stand a bit more boost

Thelen, do you mean the ones i have for sale?,only the NUR 34s get N1s

I have tested a known metal turbine with a magnet and the magnet doesn't stick to it.

interesting, i just tested that theory on a brand new TD06-20G i have sitting in shed and not only did a pick up magnet not stick it actually was repealled from it,so thanks to john from UAS for that useless test.

makes no differnce to the fact the turbos on my 32 still stock, the housing are stock size and the numbers match the factory listings, neither pair appear to be modified and from the history i have on the turbos its unlikely that both sets have been upgraded and both sets made same power, within 3rwkw of each other 4 years apart.