SAU Community

Cams Approved Fire Extinguisher Bracket

DattoP510

Does anyone need a CAMS approved fire extinguisher bracket for their R33, R34 or Stagea?

CAMS scrutineers are currently cracking down on poorly mounted extinguishers. This bracket has recently passed CAMS scrutineering at Sandown and Philip Island. The comment made was “that’s what I like to see, nuts and bolts”

Because I couldnt find any for sale i developed my own and had a few extras made. The first batch have all sold quick to the VIC based guys so i am thinking about getting some more made if anyone is interested?? These will go for $90 ea inc M6 high tensile bolts and nuts. Postage is about $10 nationwide but will confirm with your postcode.

Suits R33, R34 platforms and also should fit M34 Stagea?

let me know if your keen?

post-72548-0-36157400-1315307259_thumb.jpg

post-72548-0-26434300-1315307368_thumb.jpg

post-72548-0-94908100-1315307415_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the new batch!

Now modified to allow more flexibilty for extinguisher placement. see the pic, the slots have been extended across toward the door side. .

PMs will be sent, got 9 left already.

$90 + postage

post-72548-0-95895300-1317540928_thumb.jpg

32 seats bolt into 32, 33, 34's even S13 and 14's (the two front bolts anyway, there IS subtle differences in the front to rear spacings), so I feel these are generic 90's Nissan RWD fire ext brackets.

32 seats bolt into 32, 33, 34's even S13 and 14's (the two front bolts anyway, there IS subtle differences in the front to rear spacings), so I feel these are generic 90's Nissan RWD fire ext brackets.

okay this is news to me, didnt realise all the seat mounts are the same. keen to trial fit to other nissans if anyone is interested?

thanks for the knowledge.

Well, caution, I'm 85% sure mate..... lots of this info is so old in my head other things are pushing it out. :)

no worries i will do some investigation re 32, s14's etc. cant be sure unless I do a trial fitment.

On topic a bit more though now, it would need to sit at least 250mm from the front seat fixtures to the center of the extinguisher so it would clear the seat in my car, I've got short legs.

I'm liking this a lot as mine is now hose clamped to the ROPS behind my drivers seat, set up like this I could actually get at it without undoing the harness and climbing over the seat.

Safety x 11, good work.

On topic a bit more though now, it would need to sit at least 250mm from the front seat fixtures to the center of the extinguisher so it would clear the seat in my car, I've got short legs.

I'm liking this a lot as mine is now hose clamped to the ROPS behind my drivers seat, set up like this I could actually get at it without undoing the harness and climbing over the seat.

Safety x 11, good work.

So can the seat travel fully forward for when you forget to take the extinguisher out prior to letting you mechanic fix your car.

So can the seat travel fully forward for when you forget to take the extinguisher out prior to letting you mechanic fix your car.

I'm pretty sure they would want the seat to go back, remember the " short legs " bit, the only person to want the seat more forward is my 10 yr old daughter.

pics below with the seat slid all the way forward, no issue on the R34GTR with standard seats. I know some after market seats have levers etc at the front which may be an issue. will get feedback from a few R33GTR owners who are running these already regarding this issue and post here.

planning to trial fit on some othe nissans soon........

post-72548-0-76781500-1318412500_thumb.jpg

Any of you R33 owners worries about running this bracket under your seat, there's nothing to worry about. I've been using this in the car the last couple of months, and I can tell you the fit is fantastic and It's sturdy. What's good is the bracket hugs the carpet and extends forward of the bolts giving ample room to move the seat.

I'm not a short bloke but I do sit fairly close to the wheel, and there's not clearance issues at all. Nor does it get in the way of operating the lever. I forgot it was even there and I use my car every day.

Here's a couple of photos in my R33 GT-R:

post-2240-0-47938100-1318573665_thumb.jpg post-2240-0-16458500-1318573675_thumb.jpg

Oh, BTW on full tilt forward it slightly touches the extinguisher - But I think it's the way I bolted it, so depends on how you bolt up your extinguisher as mine sits out closer to the door than the centre of the car. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve.