SAU Community

Cams Approved Fire Extinguisher Bracket

DattoP510

^ That's a shame...

I've had my fire extinguisher for ages now sitting in the back seat (not the best location), waiting for me to decide where to fit it permanently.

Over the weekend I was about to mount it to the passenger side on the dash where the trans tunnel is but the plastic flexes so wasn't too keen to mount it up.

Any chance that variations can be made on these brackets to suit us guys running Bride rails?

Cheers,

Andy

Edit: On a 180SX by the way.

Edited by AnDyStYLe

^ That's a shame...

I've had my fire extinguisher for ages now sitting in the back seat (not the best location), waiting for me to decide where to fit it permanently.

Over the weekend I was about to mount it to the passenger side on the dash where the trans tunnel is but the plastic flexes so wasn't too keen to mount it up.

Any chance that variations can be made on these brackets to suit us guys running Bride rails?

Cheers,

Andy

Edit: On a 180SX by the way.

i made one of the bride rails on the 200sx i had..

if you can get it to sit forward , then it will clear the lever..

i got my comfortable seating position, and mounted it directly in front.. i was the only one driving, so no need for the seat to go any further forward.

i too rigged up something with Joe's bracket and two metal arms extending the extinguisher out further passed the lever. But it's not ideal and sits quite far into the foot-well. Super easy access, but i'd rather not have it like it is.

i too rigged up something with Joe's bracket and two metal arms extending the extinguisher out further passed the lever. But it's not ideal and sits quite far into the foot-well. Super easy access, but i'd rather not have it like it is.

Yes that type of seat rail lever is a problem. only option is to do what Daniel did ^:

1. slide the seat forward to where you want it and put the extingusiher in location
  2. check clearance to your legs so it doesnt anoy you when driving.
  3. measure/mark out how far you will need to extend the bracket
  4. cut and drill (6mm dia) a flat plate/s (3 - 4 mm Aluminium or steel) to bolt to the front of the bracket and then to the fire extinguisher (leave plenty of material around the holes 15 - 20mm)
  5. Bolt it in and check clearances in your driving position
  6. Take it out and hit with satin black spray can or not.

It wont be as rigid as when not extended but will still be strong in the direction it needs to be (deceleration) and look tidy.

Its not ideal but alot easier than fabricating the entire bracket as the angle and different heights of the seat bolts are a pain to get lined up.

If there was say 10 people want the extension plates I could get some universal ones made up but other wise not economical.

hope this helps!

Going to bring some of these to Sandown this Sat 22nd if anyone needs one? $90

Just look me up before scrutineering, i will be there early and can help with install to.

cheers, Joe

do you have the bolts for between the seat bracket and the extinguisher bracket or should i bring some along

do you have the bolts for between the seat bracket and the extinguisher bracket or should i bring some along

No worries I will supply the M6 bolts that bolt the extinguisher bracket to the seat bracket. Then you reuse the factory seat bolts. All you need to bring is the extinguisher with its own metal bracket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not that old, I posted in here just a few weeks ago. Got mine installed, you won't be disappointed. This is one very fine piece of fabrication.

A couple of pointers (you might know these already but if not for you, for other people searching/reading)

Buying a fire extinguisher: Get one with a good bracket. Metal frame and one strap I would say personally. If it comes down to it and you're on fire you don't want to be f**king around with two straps.

I tried mounting mine in a couple of different ways but I found the best setup was with the pressure dial facing the floor of the car so it's easier to grab the handles to pick up the fire extinguisher. and mounting the fire extinguisher with the nozzle near the door. I tried all combinations and found it more difficult to remove.

Edited by jukic.j