SAU Community

R33 Possible Boost Problem

hi i need some ideas my r33 it cutting out when i turn the wheels in second and third gear , i rev it up drop the clutch and it spins for a second then looses all power but does not stall , it does not do this in first gear thow , car has all top shelf parts and is making 425rwhp on 21 psi . could it be the wastegate letting go for some stupid reason ???? has anyone else had this issue befor ? any thoughts????

so you are trying to do a burnout by dumping the clutch in 2nd or 3rd gear from a standing start? well for starters unless you have shitty tyres you can't going to get get much going on. if you have decent tyres then they will just grip and not spin. secondly, i'm guessing that if you have 425hp then you have a bit of lag, so you aren't making much torque in the lower rev range which is what you will need.

also how are you doing it? are you holding it on the rev limiter and then dumping the clutch? if not, then you are the problem. actually come to think of it, trying to do a burnout starting in 3rd is stupid to start with.

this was done in the rain ,very crap tyres , clutch popping for drifts, it has never had this problem befor, it normLy spins up no worries, also foot to the floor in a straight line car spins first second and third normaly in the dry, but in the wet yesterday when boost was coming on in second doin about 70-80 back wheels start to spin but the it just cuts out savagely, normaly spins back wheels in second from about 70 to 100ks , so i need some ideas why its cutting out all off a sudden in the rain