SAU Community

66Kg Monster!

-FIGJAM-

That is way too much training, after doin most sessions I'll be sore for at least 2-3, at least! 2 days rest between a deadlift and squat session! ... Not enough IMO, I know alot of big Lads and that is not how they train

Anyway in regards to muscle workout combos

I do chest then tris

And back and bis

Reason is doin chest/back will prefatigue tris and bis, so u really only need to do a little bit on the arms afterwards

Like I said, each to their own, but the 3 day a week full body training isn't uncommon. Your body adapts to it after the first week and the 1 day break is enough.

If you're not eating/sleeping enough to recover then it's a different story obviously.

I was squatting 150/160 below parralel for 5 sets of 5 and deadlifting 160 5x5, not overly massive numbers but not exactly lightweight either (at 5th 10" 82kg)

I like to mix it up and do both push and pull movements on the day instead of sticking to one. Also I never do the exact same workouts every week.

As for resting IMO the more you get the better

I don't see why you'd need to do weights more than 3/4 days per week. after every 3-4 weeks or so I take a full week off just to give everything a break (i believe you should also do this when you stop noticing any progress)

whatever works for you...

Edited by R-SPEC

lol @ forearm work... try some max effort deadlifts and weighted pull ups and then tell me you need to work your forearms

I do 100% agree with this though 'I like to mix it up and do both push and pull movements on the day instead of sticking to one. Also I never do the exact same workouts every week.'

overtraining is overstated IMO... look at olympic weightlifters, gymnasts etc... they train everyday, multiple times a day... they just have supreme conditioning that allows them to recover very quickly

48 hours more than enough for recovery... why waste your time doing curls when you could be doing heavy ass rows and growing your whole back and biceps at the same time... if you don't feel like you have lead in your arms after then your not doing it right lol

Disagree! Twice a week is too much if u doin a smashing work out, only if ur on the juice should u train twice a week.... Maximum would be to train in 5 day cycles ie same muscle group every 5 days with no days off. Just because ur muscles aren't sore anymore doesn't mean they are not still repairing themselves, It's not training that makes the muscle grow, it's the recovery.

That is way too much training, after doin most sessions I'll be sore for at least 2-3, at least! 2 days rest between a deadlift and squat session! ... Not enough IMO, I know alot of big Lads and that is not how they train

That's crap man. If you're sore for 2-3 days and they are routine exercises for you, then you're either going past the point of appropriate muscle fatigue or you're not getting enough rest / sleep / minerals into you, to recover from your workouts. I don't even feel sore the next day after my workouts and don't you dare say that I don't go hard enough at the gym.

There's more than one way to go about getting big at the gym, there are no universally agreed upon methods, only universal arguments. Truth is, if a kid goes to the gym once a week and all he does is bicep curls, his biceps will eventually grow...as long as you're getting in there and doing exercises that break down your muscles, they will heal back stronger. Sets/reps/splits/exercises/rests - it all matters, but there's no exact formula to it, in the end you will work out what's best for you through experience and experimentation. No one has been on the exact same routine since they started out.

lol @ forearm work... try some max effort deadlifts and weighted pull ups and then tell me you need to work your forearms

wasn't suggesting major forearm work. Few sets of wrist curls at the end of your shoulders etc workout will burn em up nicely.

If you don't feel any fatigue the next day the something is up mate... For your info I eat plenty of the right stuff and get plenty of rest I assure u... If u think ur goin hard enough then that's ur opinion... Id rather leave the gym knowing I've shocked my body into growing as much as possible instead of having doubt that I could have went harder...

If you don't feel any fatigue the next day the something is up mate... For your info I eat plenty of the right stuff and get plenty of rest I assure u... If u think ur goin hard enough then that's ur opinion... Id rather leave the gym knowing I've shocked my body into growing as much as possible instead of having doubt that I could have went harder...

Yet you say it's not possible to do heavy full body workouts 3 times a week...

Anyway, I think we've all hijacked this guys build thread enough...We're never gonna agree anyway.

I don't feel fatigue because my body is conditioned to performing at that level. As I said, if I miss the second repetition of my split routine later in the week...then I can feel it when I do go back a week later, and I will feel sore the next day and sometimes after, ala you...but this is because I've fallen out of condition. I've heard (broscience) there is more research stacked up against doing individual body parts on individual days...it's too much rest between exercise, for which there is such a thing...that's probably why you're getting sore...your muscles have too much time to recover, why would they need to recover any faster when they have a whole week to themselves?

just agree to disagree

No 2 people are the same. What works very well for you wont necessarily work as well for the next person. Some people require more time to recover than others and so on

End of the day find what works best for YOU and stick with it. No one will ever tell you you're wrong if you have the physical results to back your theory.

A week is how much I use, though As I stated already a 5 day turn around would've best maybe even 4, 2-3 I do not agree with in myopinion if u isolate individual muscle

Groups... Of course u can do full body workouts 3 times a week, alot of people train that way and alot of

People don't...

And no we aren't goin to agree, at the end of the day everyone makes they're own routine based on external and personal experiences.

I will test ur broscience theory though

Use the matrix system (5x full reps, 5x half down, 5x half up, 5x full) for 3x sets for your workouts and, trust me, you'll need as much recovery as possible!

Throw in 1/5 total rep movement, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 then a full rep. What you are doing is working ALL areas of the muscle groups you are exercising.

No recovery = no growth. You'll need to eat a lot to replace used energy. Id suggest creatine loading phases as well.

http://www.dr-ronlaura.com/matrix_%20in_detail.html

Here is a part of the system shared on T-nation.

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/matrix_training_experiment

Absolutely guarantee the OP would reach his target weight gain quickly.

Thing is ITS VERY HARD WORK !!

You may be used to benching say 80kgs for your sets. half that with the matrix & you'll absolutely destroy yourself! You'll feel more pumped than ever before, will gain size and strength. Its a challenge, are you up for it?

Disagree! Twice a week is too much if u doin a smashing work out, only if ur on the juice should u train twice a week.... Maximum would be to train in 5 day cycles ie same muscle group every 5 days with no days off. Just because ur muscles aren't sore anymore doesn't mean they are not still repairing themselves, It's not training that makes the muscle grow, it's the recovery.

i dont care how you train, you get big in the kitchen mate not the gym, What ever routine you do will mean nothing if you not hitting your macros each day. Find BMR, and eat 20% above maintenace. with a minimum of 1.5g of protien per kg bodyweight.

A week is how much I use, though As I stated already a 5 day turn around would've best maybe even 4, 2-3 I do not agree with in myopinion if u isolate individual muscle

Groups... Of course u can do full body workouts 3 times a week, alot of people train that way and alot of

People don't...

And no we aren't goin to agree, at the end of the day everyone makes they're own routine based on external and personal experiences.

I will test ur broscience theory though

what are you 3 big lifts? squats, deads and bench

Everyone is so hostile against each other in this sub forum...

To the OP post up your diet including total calories and your macro's (protein, carbs, fats). Maybe list what other supplements you are using also.

you get big by eating? really? thanks for telling me that mate.... read the first page cause ive already stated that sunshine

1.5g is bare minimum.. 1g for every pound u weight is the base standard

and yea my big lifts are squats, deadlifts and bench... u cant not do big lifts, i just dont think u need to do them 3 times a week

its all good guys!!! Everyone has different opinions about what works best and yadda yadda. My opinion is as long as you use correct form and work hard, then you should be right.

Diet is my killer!! It is horrible, if i eat 5-6meals in a day i am lucky... But I am going to try and sort that out sooner rather then later.

friendly banter, im sure theres more to come haha

you ll be right mate,

best tip i can offer for eating is when u do get the chance to cook... make more then one meal at a time so u have extras layin around when u dont have time

you get big by eating? really? thanks for telling me that mate.... read the first page cause ive already stated that sunshine

1.5g is bare minimum.. 1g for every pound u weight is the base standard

and yea my big lifts are squats, deadlifts and bench... u cant not do big lifts, i just dont think u need to do them 3 times a week

i know there the big lifts, just curious what weight your 1RM is for those 3?