SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Possibly just before I did the carpets :spank:(thanks Nick for pointing that out..haha)..I bought a power FC off a guy on here (thanks Calaistur) oh n the hand controller as well.

The car went in for a tune (thanks Brett) and three / four hours later she came out transformed.....

160320111385.jpg

160320111383-Copy.jpg

I miss Brett so much....top bloke..and spent so much time on my car..really loved that I loved it..if you know what I mean...we had conversations about the car and possibilities for hours on end...and I learnt so much from him its not even funny

020220111247.jpg

160320111382.jpg

I took heaps of videos of the car while she was on the dyno...like I said..I had plenty of time !!

This is just one small snippet....(its my phone so yeah..sorry)

Edited by jez NF

hahahaha.....jonno....il photoshop it :nyaanyaa: nah man...il put up a side view or something.....or then again i might jus put up a close up of the dent and tell everyone about how bad a driver you are :spank: hahahhaaa....

In other news.....This is Night Fury on the dyno for the first time

Edited by jez NF

All tuned and raring to go she needed to sit lower...you can commando crawl under a stock skyline !!

This was after the new super low King springs. Shocks were in good nick so kept them. Ride was surprisingly smooth (Keaton, Tim and Anthony if he remembers can vouch for that I hope??) and she seemed to "hug" the road better...possibly an illusion because I was now sitting closer to the ground...hahaha..but yeah..it helped both with the drivability and more importantly the look.

CIMG1957.jpg

Edited by jez NF

Interior time again..............

Next project...dash lights.....Was sick and tired of my dull and boring speedo....SO impressed by my uncles bright orange speedo in his Jazz !! Decided to do something about it...

Contacted 666DAN (on here) and ordered a set of bright green LEDs...

Fitted them on with Jonno and his dad's help...thanks so much fellas :thanks:

Only pics I had..so dont hate me :mellow:

Dull and boring stock lights on dash

210320111408.jpg

210320111409.jpg

This is the finished job..the pic doesnt do it justice because the flash is so bright you cant really see the green....but trust me...its A LOT brighter and a lovely electric green. I loved it :wub:

190520111476.jpg

Few pics of some mates catching up for a quick chat......;)

DSCN0176-Copy.jpg

I loved my plates.....they are my name after all....:nyaanyaa: However there was a certain thing about them that I wanted to change. I hated the white border around them and wanted to change the entire plate to jet black so that J E Z stood out clearly in white...

Easier said than done.....thought on the lines of "just painting them myself" first...but good thing I checked with the authorities...in a nutshell its illegal....and so was taping it with black tape etc (which I wouldnt do coz it would look tacky)

So began to think on the lines of getting a "number plate protector"....try finding 5 digit ones in W.A....NOT an easy task I assure you. After months of searching I finally managed to get them from over east and 35 bucks later I went from...........................................

141120101066.jpg

151120101123.jpg

to........................

DSCN0218.jpg

Better?? :yes::no:

The R33 isnt called a whale for nothing.....Night Fury rolls a lot into and out of corners....Also I dont have a bucket seat so I feel the roll (if you can relate to what im saying) and I really have to hang on when im doing a schumi through a roundabout. I thought a strut brace would add some "rigidity" and also serve as aesthetic appeal....quick touch to spruce up my engine bay.

So I got a "special one"...................

DSCN0300.jpg

Carbon Fibre and it matches my rims :banana:

DSCN0215.jpg

Not the worlds difference feeling wise..:/.....but I swear I seem to hold lines a little better......

Fitted them on with Jonno and his dad's help...thanks so much fellas :thanks:

Only pics I had..so dont hate me :mellow:

Dull and boring stock lights on dash

This is the finished job..the pic doesnt do it justice because the flash is so bright you cant really see the green....but trust me...its A LOT brighter and a lovely electric green. I loved it :wub:

190520111476.jpg

Few pics of some mates catching up for a quick chat......;)

DSCN0176-Copy.jpg

blush.gif nothing at all!

Im not Picasso but I did get an A in art.....so I thought of a few things I could "touch up" on my car and before long I found myself into hardcore DIY.

First up...window trims.

Before and after pics

Not the best quality job however (not noticeable to the naked eye); because I wasnt introduced to MR SANDPAPER....but very cool nevertheless.......:thumbsup:

Notice how the window thingo is brown...that was the original factory colour...I wanted it black :) oh and I wanted it black bad...hahaha :rant:

221120101129.jpg

Taped up around it..and decided to touch up all the trims while I was about it.....basic masking tape...doesnt spoil the paintwork

080420111446.jpg

Best pic I could get of the finished product (at this stage)..will put up more

CIMG1942.jpg

I also painted my window wipers...was quite a good job I must say :whistling:

My painting endeavours were extended to encompass

My engine bay

My bonnet (underside)

My boot (underside)

Boot trims

Door trims (inside)

Some pics of the process

080420111445.jpg

080420111447.jpg

080420111448.jpg

Her sexy bum........gift wrapped :D:wub:

110420111450.jpg

(hope my uncle doesnt find out what his chair and favourite cusion were used for :nyaanyaa:)

DSCN0198-1.jpg

You know somethings wrong when your microfibre cloths are labelled !!!! :w00t::woot:

DSCN0199-1.jpg

DSCN0200-1.jpg

BTW...Thank you derek for the wrench set :thanks:

Bean bag comes in handy.....sheet holder !!

(seat covers were being washed in case anyone wonders why they back to stock)

DSCN0201.jpg

DSCN0202.jpg

Sorry mom I hated that tee :devil:

DSCN0203.jpg

This was a pic of the bonnet BEFORE I painted it...was worried the sound deadening thing would get affected if I painted over it...but NO issues to date..so yeah..its safe to paint. I also used high temperature paint so that could be the reason why.

DSCN0213.jpg

I painted my dash.......had to be extra careful I didnt paint over any important bits :blush:

DSCN0220.jpg