SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Looks great man :D Really loving all the mods your doing, lots of cosmetic and none of it is rice. Good work :) The clean look you're going for is very smooth.

P.S. I'm putting in my vote for getting some clear indicators for the front, and for debadging on the rear (noone needs to advertise the fact its a turbo, anyone who cares would know it already (or hear it :whistling:))

Like this ?? :nyaanyaa:

blackrimsgtrwing.jpg

And yes the debadging of the dumb GTST sign was another small 'project' I undertook not long ago.....I dont hate the fact that it says GTST or I dont want it to say GTR or somethinking ridonkeyculous (gotta love shrek) like that :yucky:...I jus like the look of a sleek black car and the GTST logo is hell tacky unless its done right.

Heres some before and after pics....I removed it using a "secret" glue and sticker remover from buffman (mobile detailing guy) who gave me the last bit in the bottle and said I could do it in my free time (took a lot of careful buffing out) as he didnt want to charge me more money uselessly....cheers to you bloke from Poland whose name I cant remember let alone pronounce :cheers:

DSCN0154.jpg

DSCN0469-1-1.jpg

Such a good write-up Jez, inspiring too :worship:

Your steps will help me achieve creating a beast of Night Fury's calibre (no copying) :whistling: haha

But its going to take time for mine, but its paid off in your case. Keep up the good work :happy:

Such a good write-up Jez, inspiring too :worship:

Your steps will help me achieve creating a beast of Night Fury's calibre (no copying) :whistling: haha

But its going to take time for mine, but its paid off in your case. Keep up the good work :happy:

Hahaha....Keaton :spank:

Copy away man....I love it when people take the trouble to actually look after / maintain / do up their cars. Plus it will keep me motivated to keep doing stuff.

I want that angry bird btw..im gonna do a photoshoot with it when I get my rear wing.....

Which reminds me...

I am finalizing a deal on the GTR wing....should be here sooner rather than later...will keep you guys posted. Also I bought the sandpaper and brake / drum / caliper cleaner this morning. Busy week at work so I am not too keen to do the calipers this week...but a nice rich glossy black with bright red writing is on the cards :yes:

Paid up for the wing this morning...should be here by next weekend. Thanks Ricky :thumbsup:

This is what it looks like..............I am not too sure what to do with the "protruding nuts" yet.....might have to get inserts or something...But I cant really decide if they need messing about with until I actually get the wing in person...so will take a call when its here. For all you know they wont be noticeable when its painted black.

post-84616-0-96533100-1317640089_thumb.jpg

P1090163.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The wing is taking longer than I expected :(

So in the meantime iv been playing xbox (that I dug up after ages).....

This is my replica of NF I created on Forza 3.....its awesome and looks pretty close I must say. Moreover you can tint, raise, lower, change wheels and rims, change paint, add or remove kits...cool stuff :worship:

Some pics

298363_10150852309150099_541750098_20665917_154834105_n.jpg

296679_10150852309035099_541750098_20665914_582392607_n.jpg

Hurry up wing..........hurry up :rant::rant:!!!

Still waiting for the rear wing to arrive.....however it did say business days and in all fairness we have had two weekends in between. Hopefully its here today....will go check the letter box later tonite to see if I missed it by any chance.

:wave: Also important update......I am upgrading my turbo......have always been more concerned with a responsive set up over big power figures but my stock turbo packed up a few nights ago leaving me no choice really :down:

Few pics of the car being towed by the RAC from Barbagallo raceway (no I wasnt racing..I was "spectating" !!) :ermm:

131020111844.jpg

131020111846.jpg

..and being towed to the workshop :sleep:

171020111852.jpg

171020111860.jpg

After a lot of weighing up of options etc etc.....I have decided on going with a highflowed 3076 core on the stock manifold...new oil n water lines but basically a direct bolt on. Yes I know its not the most responsive turbo out there...but there were a lot of factors influencing my decision - including good deal (price)..future plans..reliability issues etc.

So :woot: new turbo in two weeks....:wub:

Sorry to hear about your turbo Jez, Al will sort you out though eh? I was in at Autoworx a few weeks ago, he wasn't too keen on hiflows? You should drop by my work when you get it all sorted, im just 5 mins away from worx

Sorry to hear about your turbo Jez, Al will sort you out though eh?  I was in at Autoworx a few weeks ago, he wasn't too keen on hiflows?  You should drop by my work when you get it all sorted, im just 5 mins away from worx

@jeremy...Thanks mate....yeah Al is an awesome bloke....even dropped me home without me asking !! Whereabouts do you work?? Yeah sure..il pop in when shes done :)

GOT MY WING :thumbsup:

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo happy with it. The whole transaction with Ricky (93WIZ on here) was such a good experience..he was friendly..prompt..went out of his way to find out about freight etc..and yeah...thanks so much mate !!

:cheers:

Wing goes off for painting tmrw morning itself as I might as well make the most of the two weeks the cars off the road.

Few pics

201020111867.jpg

201020111866.jpg

Also a few photographs of the busted turbo

201020111862.jpg

Do you like my Oakleys?? Lance Armstrong Livestrong range..limited edition :pwned:

201020111861.jpg

201020111865.jpg

My non aspirated R33 !! :O

Glad the wing made it all the way over there mate :) should look awesome all painted up on your car!!<div>sorry i couldnt talk for long, i was in the middle of a photo shoot with my car lol.</div>

Pics !! hahaha.....nah all good mate...gave it in for painting today :)

Gonna bog and primer and paint over the GTR sign on the left (doesnt have it on the right)...last thing I want is something to say GTR on my GTST.. :ban: even though it IS a GTR wing :devil:...but yeah should look real nice :yes:

Edited by jez NF

Gtr wings a optional on gts-t's.

Mine was factory fitted :D

hmmmmm...not too sure about that..but cud :google: it I suppose..hahaha...nah..im happy with it saying nothing compared to saying GTR..but good for you though....lucky :banana:

Still waiting for turbo upgrade to take shape.....and waiting...and waiting....and waiting (hardly been a week..and I miss my car :/)

• 2 weeks later...

I GOT MY CAR BACK :whistling:

I GOT MY CAR BACK :thumbsup:

I GOT MY CAR BACK :banana:

So as you can tell I am REALLY happy.......its been nearly 3 weeks...and boy have I missed her !!

Things that were done at the workshop:

New turbo bought and fitted - I now have a Gt3076 highflow, new gaskets, braided lines and hoses. (love the look of the new shiny silver braided lines)

Splitfire Coilpacks - sfdis005

6xNGK sparkplugs - regapped

Changes noticed:

She sounds different....the engine note is a more aggressive hum.....the turbo sounds wicked when it spools.....she is laggier and I have to drop a gear on corners near home where I would granny her @1500rpm....BUT she hits hard :devil: when she begins to come on boost and it spools up hell quick once its going..and you get a nice little kick !!

So :thanks: to the crew

HOWEVER........

I need:

AFM - searching for a z32 or will just buy one brand new

Injectors - herein lies my weakness.......stock injectors have maxed out already at 13psi....she made 320 on one run but had to scale back as the injectors didnt have enough time to close.

BOV - stock one might leak at a later stage.....340ish?? so have to think on the lines of getting an aftermarket one soon.

Thats all for now...plan to drive the car like this for a while and when I have saved some more diamond smuggling money will continue "modifying" !!

hey jeremey,

thats some pretty sweet power from a near standard motor and standard injectors :) congrats.

my bov was leaking at higher boost too and that was an aftermarket one, so i just took the bov off and welded the hole shut on the intake pipe, do this if you love dose :)

there are rumours that running no bov is bad for your turbo etc....however me and all my mates dont run bovs, we run high boost and drive the cars pretty hard and none of the turbos have ever failed....:)

I want teh turbo :(

Looking forward to your next steps on the car :D

This is one of my favourite threads to follow :)

heaps of good ideas for me to do on my next bunkzie

hey jeremey,

thats some pretty sweet power from a near standard motor and standard injectors :) congrats.

my bov was leaking at higher boost too and that was an aftermarket one, so i just took the bov off and welded the hole shut on the intake pipe, do this if you love dose :)

there are rumours that running no bov is bad for your turbo etc....however me and all my mates dont run bovs, we run high boost and drive the cars pretty hard and none of the turbos have ever failed....:)

yeah...was thinking on the lines of plumbing everything back into the engine....partly coz I think im soon gonna hate the whooshhhttt sound every time you let off (gets annoying if you drive as much as I do - trust me)...and partly because I dont want leak issues later down the track as well.....BUT....I saw the HKS SSQ BOV stealth edition and its NOICCEEEE :) black n sexy.....plus..how can I give up on getting a good "blow" :kiss: .........we shall see...tat is not priority atm though.

ALSO update.

As of half and hour ago I am now going to be buying brand new 850cc power enterprise (so basically denzo) side feed injectors....

Just need a Z32 and shes back on the dyno soon....for some real fun this time :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I want teh turbo :(

Looking forward to your next steps on the car :D

This is one of my favourite threads to follow :)

heaps of good ideas for me to do on my next bunkzie

:thanks: Jonno........

As soon as shes "ready" I will get you to give her a "touch up" if you cool with that?? Im sure ur gonna do real well with your new biz and then you can buy a R35 GTR bunkie :nyaanyaa: