SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

• 2 weeks later...

Finally after a long wait and ages of tinkering around with getting it perfect.....we have the "son of a peach" in primer and ready to go........excitement overload !!

IMG_6781_zps83175e98.jpg

and.....

IMG_6094_zps6b17efc9.jpg

and...........

IMG_5531_zpse8156fa5.jpg

and..........................

IMG_5885_zpscb10f3c3.jpg

and..............................................

IMG_0827_zpsdd268239.jpg

Finally after a long wait and ages of tinkering around with getting it perfect.....we have the "son of a peach" in primer and ready to go........excitement overload !!

IMG_6781_zps83175e98.jpg

What's with the bases of the two uprights? They don't look symmetrical at all, like the one on the right has a lot more 'bulge' at it's base. Could just be an illusion?

Correct....good spot...Excess filler around the base of the stem.....if you look carefully there is a huge gap between the two uprights (on both sides - basically around the light) as well that needs filling and sealing....issues that are currently being worked on.

Bit like cosmetic surgery really...I should name my wing Jacksons nose !!!....(RIP).

It was still work in progress at this stage....so just progress pictures really. Will put up completed pictures asap.

Not usually the type of person to say anything about a thread however I've made an exception for this one, :)

Your car is the best skyline ive ever seen, The way you've simplified many a mods (repainting certain things, the mesh, the pipes) is bloody spectacular.

You and your car have inspired me to clean my own up.... spend the money and get a panel beater/spray painter to get rid of a little rust and get some chips out before it gets shipped up north to darwin.

i cant get over how you have found the right mixture of stock and aftermarket to keep it looking clean.

Bloody spectacular!

Look forward to the write ups to come, awesome to read!

Bronson.

That's a big wing...

Yeah I know....I was positively pooping my pants driving back home.....border line now with what I want with the car........I want it to look awesome......but I want to keep it registered too.

Earlier....before getting the wing fitted......

7233f1ff-56bd-40fc-a372-6af856b307e3_zps

That wing tall as fuark.

What are the effective offset and widths of your wheels? They look good.

Yeah I am not sure I am completely sold on it yet....but there are times I absolutely love it.

Rims have an original offset of 35.....fronts are now with a 15mm bolt on spacer.....rears have a 5mm slip on hub-centric spacer (soon to have a bolt on 15mm when I get a chance to flare the lip a tad).

Different view....

20131208_053915_zps09c74243.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

All the cats are scared of being killed obviously.....by curiosity !!

So I will spill the beans.....or cat food.........................

The package contained a carbon fibre drift lip spoiler. I have decided that the big wing is going to attract a lot of unwanted attention so I will reserve it for the odd outing now and then. Will be getting a bootlid off Bronno soon (thanks mate in advance) and will mount this new spoiler onto that and keep that as my daily option for a while.

Also lining up my next project - Ass :bunny:

Aim: To be wider and more aggressive.

Will involve: Running bolt on spacers and more camber and flaring of the rear arches.

So I got bored of my sticker bomb sunshades.......

20131220_165045_zps5e00b5f5.jpg

And decided to dye them simply black instead......

20131220_183820_zps27f96795.jpg

should be nice and dry by tomorrow and I will take a picture with the masking tape off.......

a2664f9b-d7d8-4b09-b441-c71cd0600ab1_zps

I found that the car cover that I was using was leaving very fine scratches on the paintwork as it was blown about in the breeze so I decided to get mom to help me fabricate a flannel "inside" cover that would protect the paintwork. Took a fair bit of effort as we had to join numerous bits together to cover the whole car.

20131222_091613_zps3119054f.jpg

Big thank you to my mommy :yes:

20131222_091926_zps2d97a0c2.jpg

Next step is to run elastic around the bottom edges and hem it up....

20131222_093812_zps05f13316.jpg

And also attach velcro straps that will go around the rims.

Started a headlight restoration project this morning....

20131223_191802_zps08667f8f.jpg

Before: Aging, foggy, scratched and yellow

20131224_100949_zps38d7e060.jpg

Other side headlight but you get the idea....

After: Fresh, clear, bright, no scratches and shiny

20131224_100941_zpsa9e1e862.jpg