SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Thanks Daniel......Not sure about the amazing bit (lol) but it sure was tough....took me a good hour or so to do both lights

20131224_180455_zpsb9afd4ac.jpg

Aliens are paying a visit over Christmas...so took the mothership for a spin....

mominnf_zps2075aa82.jpg

Oi, we need to go for another hills run. You and your shopping trolley, me and my buzz box and Jonno and his poser-mobile. :yes:

PS, clear indicators STAT!

Edited by 10 4

Oi, we need to go for another hills run. You and your shopping trolley, me and my buzz box and Jonno and his poser-mobile. :yes:

PS, clear indicators STAT!

Love how you choose the hottest time of the year to cruise Kidder.......I have black leather seats man..... :ph34r:

But yeah a catch up / photoshoot is on the cards.....mom and dad are with us at the moment....after that :yes:

Also indicators are on the back burner list to be honest...Anyone selling / know where to source clear side indicators?? Ebay says $80 odd for the nismo ones...thats a lot for some plastic bits if you ask me but maybe my searching skills are not very good. Might end up tinting them and swapping to an orange bulb??

In other news......

The flaps turned out okay.....

20131225_100842_zpsed6f48d0.jpg

Changing all the interior bulbs to green leds to match my dash......

20131225_101018_zps7bec1001.jpg

Prep......

20131225_104904_zps7a3fdbd5.jpg

Project black is also well on track :woot:

20131225_153428_zpscb123e4c.jpg

Car cover is getting personalized.

Got someone to write NIGHT FURY in Japanese for me.....

IMG-20131227-WA0001_zps7eb8b919.jpg

Made a template and then cut out the bits on black material.....

20131227_151743_zpsf99bc13c.jpg

The plan as of now is that ma mommy will stitch them on tomorrow if I am a good boy and eat all my vegetables.. :rofl2:

These are going along the drivers door (most likely).

20131227_160045_zps65bcf49e.jpg

So I got the boot lid off Bronson (thanks mate). Needs sanding and painting though.....old spoiler marks, double sided tape remains etc.

20131229_175743_zps043b93b2.jpg

First and last time I will buy Chinese stuff off the internet (when it comes to bodywork). The drift lip has been an absolute nightmare to fit. The bolts are totally off the mark and I have had to cut and file new holes so that it lines up properly. Annoyed with myself because when I test fitted it I did not really pay much attention to the bolts lining up..was more interested to see if it was the right size. Naturally I cannot return it now so just have to make it fit!!

20140102_182351_zpsba9ebf63.jpg

Edited by jez NF

Been thinking about my next project.

Pulling out the arches...flaring them....running GTR rear fenders...running a little lip protrusion.......decisions decisions :/

Not sure which path I am going to go down yet but the aim is to get the wheels to poke a bit more to create a more aggressive rear end.

Got creative with some thermocol / styrofoam this evening.....hahahaa

20140102_153557_zpsa51333eb.jpg

Just to see what the lip option would look like...

20140102_170353_zps4b44653c.jpg

Going to have a good search tonight for pictures of GTR rear fenders on a Gtst.

20140102_170327_zpsf427e37e.jpg

Update:

Car cover done - no more scratches..yay !!

Full exterior detail booked

Waiting for my vinyl wrap to come in the mail so that I can start the boot and get the drift lip on.

:action-smiley-069:

Okay so I need your thoughts and advice to help me decide what to do.

To summarize..............

The Aim:

To make the rear more aggressive.

There are a number of "options / solutions" to achieve what I want but each of these are riddled with complications of their own.

Option 1: Lower the car.

Lowering the car would help by reducing the gap between the tyre and the top of the wheel arch and this would naturally look a lot better.

Easier said than done in my case however. The top secret side skirts that I am running are chunky and wide and I cannot lower the car any more without risking them scraping. Clearing high speed bumps is already a pain with the current set up.

Option 2: Run a more aggressive offset / run coilovers and more camber.

A way around the above scenario would be to keep the car at the current height but run coilovers thus hardening the suspension. This in turn would allow me to run a lower offset thus letting the tyre and rim protroude (mexican) a reasonable amount. In theory this works well but sadly the gtst is a very "straight car" and has no presence unless the wheels are sticking way out. I could also run more camber thus bringing the bottom half out more but this means more tyre wear.

Option 3: Run a more aggressive offset / run coilovers and a lip protrusion OR flare.

Similar to the previous approach but different in that instead of running stupid levels of camber I could simply run a lip protrusion or full blown flare. The negatives are that the flares I have seen thus far are pathetic, resemble VE arches, are tacky bolt ons and/or do not really suit a skyline (more for a muscle car etc)

Option 4: Get GTR style or wider overfenders.

Seems to be the best solution thus far in that this will allow me to widen the rear substantially. The car can also be kept at the current height and there will be no need to modify the existing suspension setup. The cons are that most overfenders are half panel ones, there will be an indent for where the fuel cap sits and these are hard to come by and or frightfully expensive overall.

I will hopefully be able to achieve something along the lines of this look.......

IMG_4734978684031_zps069b323f.jpg

Oh my god dude.

Clicked the link u sent me last night not expecting much at all, I just spent 3 hours reading your thread hahahaha. The way you have looked after your car is amazing and rare as these days. I think flares will look sweet if that's what you wanna do to make the car look more aggressive, similar to what I showed you last night. Would love to see the car in person and I can bring my GTR so we can compare etc.

Anyways keep up the solid work and hit me up if u need tips etc with painting

Oh my rajab dude.

Clicked the link u sent me last night not expecting much at all, I just spent 3 hours reading your thread hahahaha. The way you have looked after your car is amazing and rare as these days. I think flares will look sweet if that's what you wanna do to make the car look more aggressive, similar to what I showed you last night. Would love to see the car in person and I can bring my GTR so we can compare etc.

Anyways keep up the solid work and hit me up if u need tips etc with painting

Sounds good man...will fix up a day when we can meet and have a photoshoot or something.

The wrap arrived this morning...

20140110_165853_zps7c630b5f.jpg

Des from AutoFx WA detailed my car this morning / arvo - WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND !! Absolute legend and work of an insanely high standard !!

Will try and get a few photographs taken asap - car looks amazing :wub:

Also got the rear guards flared and pulled out a tad.

20140114_150336_zpsca200e05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another picture of the guards getting done.....

FlaringrearguardsDesAutoFx_zps665c6661.j

Been busy tidying up and completing things.

Finished off the boot and wing.....sanded, prepared and carbon wrapped with 3M black carbon weave vinyl wrap.

Carbonvinylwrapbootliddriftwing_zps5c425

Driftlip_zps6651d640.jpg

Next up is to whack on some 15mm bolt on spacers on the back and get some fairly aggressive camber in / run stretch tyres like the fronts (which I am trying to avoid on the rear to be honest)...but we shall see.

REALLY wish I could mate...but the cars sitting at 80mm at the lowest point at the moment (tip of sideskirt and exhaust)....I drive off the driveway sideways and the side skirts JUST touch if I get the angle ever so slightly wrong so there is no way I can go any lower though I would really love to - trust me I have measured every angle possible etc......its annoying but I have no choice really - style versus function :/ (would be different if this was'nt my daily).

Judd - the wrap is hard to capture in pictures (especially with a silly phone camera)....gives a very misleading idea as it is much darker in real life.

NewImage_zps46ec840c.jpg

Also wrapped my mouse pads in carbon wrap for giggles.....came out quite well..lol !!

20140205_131456_zps95885d53.jpg

Took the car down to Pedders and had a chat with Dom and our discussion (along with a few other factors) has now convinced me to leave the car at the height it is for now.

20140204_180823_zpsabc0ad3b.jpg