SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

^^^^^ Cheers mate......yeah seems I have been "spoilt" for choice by way of spoilers at the moment !!

These are in the mail........hope the gamble pays off....have heard mixed stories - BUT WE SHALL SEE :geek:

r33_rf_1.jpg

r33_rf_03.jpg

^^^^^ Cheers mate......yeah seems I have been "spoilt" for choice by way of spoilers at the moment !!

These are in the mail........hope the gamble pays off....have heard mixed stories - BUT WE SHALL SEE :geek:

r33_rf_1.jpg

r33_rf_03.jpg

They will look awesome how do you fit something like that.

+1 for gtr front fenders

^^^^^ with a fair bit of work to be honest.....but its the road I have always wanted to go down so there is no turning back now.

They arrived this morning......

20140220_113823_zps6ea42499.jpg

My mini project is well on its way too.....

IMG-20140219-WA0004_zps972dafe4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update:
After a bit of searching around for some place decent to have the work done I have narrowed it down to two possibilities. Either way cars going in in about a weeks time for the fender work... :)

Picked up a rear strut brace this morning...currently fitting it up

20140306_152711_zps7458db71.jpg

Had to sand back the spots of surface rust anyway...so decided to give it a lick of paint while I was about it.....

20140306_155343_zps04f843ca.jpg

Edited by jez NF

• 2 weeks later...

Few small updates:

Rear brace all fitted up......(forgot to take a picture).....no noticeable difference in handling (as expected)...tad more rigidity at best.

Took Tom up on his $69 service offer at PZP because I was being lazy and got an oil and filter change.....can swear the car feels smoother but then again you are supposed to think these things !!

Currently speaking to Andrew at Maddog Customs - want my rocker covers painted and engine bay tidied up a bit.

Also waiting to hear back from the panel and paint place - car was supposed to go in next week for the fender work.

Project: Rear over-fenders

Dropped off the car.

Discussed options by way of cutting out the arches thereby achieving more clearance, welding the inside and outside edges together to prevent any moisture and dirt getting in and getting a "smoother look" and also looked at possible rim fitments down the line.

20140317_103214_zps323f5dd5.jpg

SAU is really dying......members hardly post anymore :/

However....I will keep updating this thread because I am still very much in love with my car and what I do and besides it helps me keep track of what I have done when.

So update:

Went to the panel and paint place this morning to check on the progress being made......its coming along nicely - almost ready for primer.

(did not take any pictures)

I also picked up a set of rocker covers (thanks Selven) which I plan to prep and paint myself - with a slight rather interesting twist...so stay tuned for that.

How I got them....

20140325_123447_zpsfd2ad30b.jpg

After a good degrease and wash.....

IMG-20140325-WA0002_zps39fca445.jpg

Absolutely love the thread mate, always been watching it, just never comment on anything, never found a need haha, I'm also from Perth and finally got my skyline back yesterday after a long time, be great to have a chat and so forth.

keep up the good build

• Like 1

I'm definitely interested to hear your feedback in regards to the over fenders. I've been tossing up for a long time between over fenders, flares or GTR guards...

Cheers Cameron :)

Scott the guard project was a great success.....it is subtle enough to not "stick out and slap you in the face" and mean enough to "create a stir".

I LOVE IT - just waiting to get the rims out a bit more and I reckon it will look wicked !!

20140329_140600_zpsbf351a9b.jpg

IMO the car is looking the best it has ever done.......

20140329_140549_zpscb0a42bf.jpg

• Like 1