SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

I did just finish this thread I left a party to go home to read the rest.

All I can say is I have a lot off respect for you I don't even own a skyline I drive a holden vn because I'm holden guy but have a soft spot for skylines so I like reading this form and when I started reading this I couldn't stop please keep posting

Cheers Cameron :)

Scott the guard project was a great success.....it is subtle enough to not "stick out and slap you in the face" and mean enough to "create a stir".

I LOVE IT - just waiting to get the rims out a bit more and I reckon it will look wicked !!

20140329_140600_zpsbf351a9b.jpg

IMO the car is looking the best it has ever done.......

20140329_140549_zpscb0a42bf.jpg

Jez, agree with you that the car is looking better and better. As you've stated that though, the only thing letting in down is the rear fitment. But all things come in time and sounds like your already onto getting it changed. I think if your able to get the rears to fill the entire guard then it will look really good

And put the huge wing back on :-)

Update on the rocker cover project.....this is work in progress and trial and error so be kind ! Also this is the first coat...you have to go over them at least thrice for it to come up nice and vibrant.

20140329_181850_zps32000b8d.jpg

Started the other one as the first one cures.....

20140330_194757_zps3eefc336.jpg

Getting there.....stay tuned

Update:

Going to go with the current rim setup for the moment but with bolt on spacers at the back so that I can ditch this sunk look asap. Spacers have been ordered and are in the mail.

Saving again for a pair of wider meisters with lower offset and more dish which I will run on the back and swap the rears to the front. Want it to look mean :angry: !!

Got a coilpack cover bit from Jarrad (thanks mate) and gave that a lick of high temp paint. Probably not going to do anything to that and just leave it black or its going to get too "kiddie" with too much colour. I like the way it looks at the moment even though it might seem a tad "quirky" for some. Will give it a penultimate and then a final coat before going over it with clear.

20140403_100118_zps5598cef6.jpg

Spacers yes....well it was weird....the "package" was delivered first thing in the morning....I was expecting it so had left the door open with the flyscreen locked...I saw the van pull up and an Asian chick jump out with this mysterious object wrapped in black...she just left it outside the door and shouted "arsehole"...I was walking to the door so basically reached in time to see her rush back to the van having just called me an arsehole with this bomb on my doorstep..LOL

Turns out she must have said "household" and it wasnt a bomb it was my spacers..and she was just in a rush :P

• Like 1