SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

The rear sits just where I want it to which is great. The fronts could do with being 5 - 10mm lower. This is not much I know but I would love it to be perfect. However I might hold off till I get the new rims and then get all the fiddley bits sorted once and for all.

In the meantime....picked up this bad boy - or one like this actually...no pic yet :)

post-18475-12685589506895_thumb_zps6056f

Cheers Matt....yeah once i get the new rims on and go a tad lower I will be happy with the exterior.

Update....

Putting in the monkey bar first thing tmrw morning.

Getting new coilovers in three weeks.

New camber arms are on and looks much better now.

Monkey bar installed....not without a fair bit of monkeying around though - the bloody thing was a pain in the ass to bolt in with the carpet which I had to cut in places :(

I did however put in new carpet inserts which I will get my little sister to stitch to the existing bits.

Looks awesome though and I am well on my way to having my own personal go kart

20140509_134310_zps8bff6dee.jpg

Annnnnddddd.....got my other bootlid back all painted and shiny.

NewImage_zps13f7a22d.jpg

Will mount the carbon wing on to it and we are back in business.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a set of 285s for the rears this evening.....nice and wide :)

Still waiting on the rims :/

Slow progress compared to what I am used to.....but getting there steadily.

The bling bling "S" in the middle of my bonnet has been bugging me for a very long time.

So I decided to do something about it this morning. Going to paint it black with a clear overcoat. If this does not work I will just remove it altogether.

First step was to mask up the surrounding areas.......Thought about it but did not bother about the gaps in the middle as I am fortunate enough to be painting black on black which will go unnoticed.

sau_zpsfe8541f3.jpg

Second step was to get out my dremel and sand paper and lightly agitate the surface so that it would hold the primer and paint........

No pics..

Third step was to give it two coats of primer

No pics..

Currently drying....

sau1_zpsddba17fc.jpg

I am such a messy painter....not to mention entirely wasteful !! :closedeyes:

ETA/specs on rims?

Mid July sometime hopefully. At least I have the tyres ready to go so that will not take long. Got 18x10 +5 (max on a 10 inch rim that Work make with O Disk)

In other news.......ended up de-badging as the black looked pretty mediocre to be honest. Took me the better part of two hours to get the badge off with a hairdryer, thread and a precision hobby knife set...and then some good ol' prepsol and heavy buffing and it now looks sweet :)

This was when it first came off and left sticky marks.

SAU2_zpsa1871059.jpg

This was after prep sol and heavy buffing

SAU1_zps311585a8.jpg

Used a layer of colour cure plus rubbish that I had lying around in the shed too.....must say for a cheapish brand it worked wonders....quite impressed

Also....my mirrors have suddenly stopped adjusting.....so went to check the fuse and realized I had about as much chance as scoring with Ellie Goulding as I had of deciphering the language. So I proceeded to print this bad boy out..........

SAU4_zps4aaf58fc.jpg

Which was too big....so reduced it and laminated it

SAU5_zps675d5f1e.jpg

and gave the trim a freshen up wittttttttthhhhh......you guessed it.....black acrylic from supercrap

SAU_zps96ef61d4.jpg

i can slightly see where its been. dont have OCD do yah? haha

NO YOU CANT MATT !! Stop being a dingbat !!

and OCD and me.....rubbish....lol :)

Can confirm this guy has serious OCD issues...

Car however looks and sounds mint! thumbsup.gif