SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Sorry if you've posted it before, but where did you get your rear fenders?

Got the rears from Viva Garage Cameron. Had a lot of mixed opinions with their quality etc. so was not very sure when I first ordered it but it turned out great in the end so I guess it is a case of hit and miss really.

The fronts I got off Joel (off FB) so no idea where they are from but took them to my panel place just then and it lines up well and quality is seemingly great so will have them on in a couple of weeks.

I have some of the same fenders (Dmaxx front fenders) but the panel beaters I went to said the lips are too small, so I need to find a better shop who will do it and not complain

Just picked up a set of indicators off a guy on Gumtree......so thanks to Daniel :)

Going to spray them with VHT tint spray (or some such) and they will go on the new fenders for the :ph34r: look.

Comin along nicely mate, im excited to see it when the guards and new wheels fitted.

Look forward to guard work!!

Be on your guard :bunny: LOL....updates will be coming soon...going in week after next.

This is indirectly related.....but I practised some paint correction on my bunky this morning and thought I would post some results. Used an orbital buffing method for the first time so was keen to get some practise before working on my car.

10456298_10154207494470099_1594420615_n_

The red hue is the natural tinge of the polishing compound......

10419726_10154207493935099_931560385_n_z

Was a painstakingly slow process though as I experimented with different techniques to find what worked best....

10388522_10154207494390099_208407322_n_z

half half shot

10432165_10154207494595099_1431757286_n_

Quite impressed with the results actually

Edited by jez NF

What compounds did you use?

Warm water wash with soapy (car wash) solution and microfibre noodle sponge....Medium cutting compound polish with soft buffing pad (paint is from 1996 and fairly soft being Jap) ....sealant and wax (hand applied and lightly buffed with polishing microfibre towel).......Swissvax polish and Dodojuice/ P21S Concours Carnauba Wax

Oh and also tried Meguiars colour care (in red) and Meguiars ultimate polish which did add a bit of depth to the colour initially but nothing flash really and tough to use compared to Swissvax.

Edited by jez NF

"Too many things on my mind all at once.....plans are all jumbled up and confused.....need clear direction....must focus....work to a target......have to get organized !!! "

Plans for the immediate future:

- Book the car in for the wide front fender work.

- Tint the indicators / get orange led globes (brighter) if required

Plans for the short term:

- Fit rear tyres (285s) on my new rims which fingers and toes crossed arrive by the end of next month

- Move current rear rims and tyres to the fronts (might need to run a spacer but we shall see)

- Actually commit to installing the new coilover suspension (which in honesty I have not done yet because I am waiting for the new rims to be fitted first)

- Get around to repainting the wiper stalks and weather protector bits as they are starting to show wear in bits (seemingly I am the only one who can actually see this as nobody seems to notice unless I tell them where to look and they peer closely - yes I am a bit loony I guess)

- Wrap the plastic dash surround in carbon look wrap to see how it looks OR have it plasti-dipped black carbon

Plans for the long term:

- Swap existing coilpack and valley covers with the new painted / graffiti ones

- Research changing to either a Greddy or Plazman forward facing plenum (solely for looks really)

- Research converting to running E85

- Get around to tidying up the engine bay a bit more and going braided lines etc.

and thus begins the difficult task of actually trying to keep to this and saving accordingly...wish me luck :)

Edited by jez NF
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Indicators being tinted (I actually typed injectors before lol)......

10515014_10154390597065099_510934489_n_z

Dropped the rims off to get the centres resprayed (BIG thank you to Simon from Autocraft) (BIG because the experience thus far has been excellent with Simon being the first person I have encountered in a while who keeps to his word - where a set time is actually a set time and I don't have to wait / also for willing to do it on overnight notice !!)

10569930_10154390273385099_908887788_n_z

Enough dish??? :P

Aaaaannnnnndddd he works fast - centres already out

10563344_10152291296783785_110733967_n_z

Edited by jez NF

Being put back together

10568699_10154393900195099_1603352901_n_

Also I think I may just have gone a bit too dark on the indicators....but I can still see the stock bulb light up even in bright sunshine..so hoping that it will be perfect when I swap with LEDs.

I will get the white surrounding bits painted when I have the fenders done so the white bits you can see around the lens will be blacked out properly. Will take close up pics when I put the LEDs in.

indicator_zpsbe8ee206.jpg

About time this happened !!.................

Quick picture while dropping the car off this morning to have the wide fronts fitted. Time to get excited !!

10564828_10154402221930099_261796288_n_z

Tyres are getting fitted on the new rims tomorrow (thanks to Aaron @ Westys)