SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Bodykit time.....................

Greg trying on the M-spec side skirts.....(found these too boring and not "meaty enough") >_<

070520111463.jpg

Custom front lip addition....I always wanted a front protrusion and this was subtle yet big enough...I liked it :thumbsup:

100520111466.jpg

100520111467.jpg

200520111482.jpg

Trial fitting.................

Had to drive up my driveway so wanted to make sure I cleared it before actually fitting everything on and painting etc.

Rising sunday (Jap car meet) was coming up and I was hell bent on getting the car done before that. Problem was I only had sideskirts and a front lip........so rushed to get them painted and fitted and took her there without a rear bar mod.

DSCN0261.jpg

DSCN0260.jpg

Sexy huh?? ME not the car damnit !! :P

_DSC6099.jpg

Now I am a bum guy and thats the first thing I check out on a chick :devil:.....not sure if it applies to cars but Night Fury was definitely lacking in that department. She badly needed shape and some more sculpting and I felt bad for taking her out incomplete......

265356_212301478812709_180766631966194_612101_5024413_o.jpg

I remember taking a lot of photographs of her at this juncture......................so here are a few

Shes low but high enough to get me over my driveway kerb and up the drive safely

DSCN0354.jpg

DSCN0329-Copy.jpg

I liked these sideskirts because they built up to the back wheel..so it gave it a nice "full" look. They also matched the front lip height perfectly...took a chance but it worked out beautifully :wub:

DSCN0326.jpg

Next step....rear bar to complete the low look

DSCN0310.jpg

Got the rear bumper a few weeks later and hey presto.....its Night Furys new look :ninja:

Had to move the exhaust a tad to the right though.....Jap cars with their "drift look" have exhausts that go sideways and since the new rear bar was designed for a fairly straight one I had to realign it a bit. Thanks to Kermit (Mark) for a wonderful job :cheers: on the same.

DSCN0406.jpg

DSCN0426.jpg

DSCN0430.jpg

You sure like the marina Jez

Looks mint man

Yeah its a nice spot for snaps hey.....take the car up there as a kind of "showoff what I have done this time" photoshoot..hahaha

And :thanks: JEREMY :nyaanyaa:

Edited by jez NF

Next up was another seat upgrade....decided to get leather seats......got a quote from GM Milane but the price they gave me was through the roof :whistling:

So I said stuff that and I proceeded to buy a set of leather seat covers from Ebay. Cost me less than quarter of what I was quoted and they look amazing..feel good and yeah..they nice :) No leather smell..no stickiness...nothing.

DSCN0476.jpg

The instructions said to "sew" them tight with an embroidery needle...but I dont want to because 1) they fit pretty tight as they are and look good enough..2) if I ever upgrade my seats I want to be able to get them back to stock without any unnecessary holes.

This pic of the back ones shows how they look loose....but once they are sat on a few times they take the shape and my drivers one looks snug now. Also this was when I was still putting them on so the bottom still had to be tucked in.

DSCN0474.jpg

I also finally got my SAUWA sticker (after a years wait)....so I put it on

DSCN0469-1-1.jpg

So what skirts lip and rear bar did u end up with, I like the lip alot,

The whole bodykit fiasco was a bit of mix and match...i was hell bent on gettin a decent front lip / bar because that sets the look for the whole car in my opinion. The sideskirts eventually ended up to be perfect and the rear bar jus magically slotted right in..so I was a happie chappie.

Custom front lip...had it specially made :) (Like I said I have always wanted a protrusion in the front..but most of the available ones are too subtle or too big n obnoxious..this one is nice and blends in brilliantly)

Side skirts are Top Secret..with black mesh that I added :nyaanyaa:

Rear bar is ' HC' as per the spoiler shop website (from where I bought it)...no freakin clue wat tat stands for..but it suits the rest of the kit so who cares

This is a side view.........(with my rims photoshopped black and no rear wing - in the process of getting a GTR one)

05.jpg

Yeah its a nice spot for snaps hey.....take the car up there as a kind of "showoff what I have done this time" photoshoot..hahaha

Yeh and it's good to play golf at ;)

Might see you down there one day!

No problem JEZ

I know you emphasized on my name because you're jealous, gosh.

Yeh and it's good to play golf at ;)

Might see you down there one day!

No problem JEZ

I know you emphasized on my name because you're jealous, gosh.

mate im liking this write up of yours. its nice to follow realistic projects, instead of builds consisting of tens of thousands of dollars and no real "love" for the car.

my 2 cents- paint the rims black, it looks GREAT!! suits the car too a tee! plus, its a great little project to do!

your thread reminds me how much i miss my skyline. i used to spend every spare second i had playing around with it, doing similar things you have!

cheers adam.

mate im liking this write up of yours. its nice to follow realistic projects, instead of builds consisting of tens of thousands of dollars and no real "love" for the car.

my 2 cents- paint the rims black, it looks GREAT!! suits the car too a tee! plus, its a great little project to do!

your thread reminds me how much i miss my skyline. i used to spend every spare second i had playing around with it, doing similar things you have!

cheers adam.

Thanks Adam.

Yeah..I like spending time on the car myself....its easy to go get a bigger turbo n stuff put on but you dont really have any fun unless you do it yourself (which sadly im not competent enough to do yet). So for the time being..its small realistic projects..that give me immense satisfaction..n yeah hopefully make her look and feel better too :thumbsup:

and yeah about that.....I love the gold rims too much to paint them. Plus I want to get 18" ones....so hopefully (fingers and toes crossed!!) I can buy a set off a mate (who will sell his soon) and paint those black...then I plan to keep two sets of rubber and swap them as n when I need to.

I have a brake caliper project that I am working on atm...will put up pics when I finish.

The whole bodykit fiasco was a bit of mix and match...i was hell bent on gettin a decent front lip / bar because that sets the look for the whole car in my opinion. The sideskirts eventually ended up to be perfect and the rear bar jus magically slotted right in..so I was a happie chappie.

Custom front lip...had it specially made :) (Like I said I have always wanted a protrusion in the front..but most of the available ones are too subtle or too big n obnoxious..this one is nice and blends in brilliantly)

Side skirts are Top Secret..with black mesh that I added :nyaanyaa:

Rear bar is ' HC' as per the spoiler shop website (from where I bought it)...no freakin clue wat tat stands for..but it suits the rest of the kit so who cares

This is a side view.........(with my rims photoshopped black and no rear wing - in the process of getting a GTR one)

05.jpg

dude that looks AMAZING with the black wheels and no spoiler!!

and +1 to the satisfaction of any DIY no matter how small

and another +1 to what adams said :) great to see a thread based on something other than performance, and love all the jobs you've done yourself :)

you gotta come help us out with our cars too now - you must have learnt alot doing all this man!

Hoping to get another bunky to mess around on soon ... :D

Seriously man .. GOOD JOB :)worship.gif

Looks great man :D Really loving all the mods your doing, lots of cosmetic and none of it is rice. Good work :) The clean look you're going for is very smooth.

P.S. I'm putting in my vote for getting some clear indicators for the front, and for debadging on the rear (noone needs to advertise the fact its a turbo, anyone who cares would know it already (or hear it :whistling:))