SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

7 hours ago, GH05T said:

666dan hasnt been supplying through here for years.

i dunno who is the go to guy for that now?

Thanks for the heads up :)

Will keep looking...online is going to have to be the go to option I think !

Dan got back to me and said he isnt supplying anymore. In the meantime I have ordered replacement LEDs online for stop/tail, reverse and indicator so as soon as that arrives I will swap the globes and fit it up.

Keen to see what it looks like on the car.

3 hours ago, GH05T said:

what leds did you go for?

Philips Red Led Brake Light S25 P21/5W 1157 BAY15D 12836 2 Dual Brightness AU

Supercrap wanted $57 for two ! Basically got all four for cheaper than that !

Also got some generic brand ones for indicator and reverse - will update on specs when they rock up.

• 5 years later...

Brakes are very very good. They dont feel super touchy or sensitive like the feel of brakes on a small lightweight hatch for example (but I have always been a gradual / trail braker anyways so it suits me just fine) and really only start powering on from about 10% in. They are very powerful and bitey from there on though and have impressed me greatly with their ability to pull the car up in what I still visually think would take twice as long (and this is without even stomping down on them in a panic brake). 

So overall very impressed with them over stock brakes with upgraded drilled rotors that I ran previously. 

I chose the sport pad option from D2 and while they are quite dusty thus far I cannot really frame a judgement on that as I have been braking a hell of a lot of late to "bed them in nicely". So really I have been concentrating a lot more on that in the few drives since installing them and not a true representation of "normal use"

The calipers are huge and only just cleared the insides of my wheels so definitely something to think about when going bigger !

96785104-D9B7-45F4-A469-F0170276CCB1.thumb.jpeg.1be12e4e2d244a795b2ecb4f74f9ad15.jpeg

• Like 1

As far as the coilovers go - in a nutshell chalk and cheese over stock suspension with lowered springs that I was running to date.

The goods

• handles like it is on rails - would be absolutely fantastic on track as is very very good on smooth(er) sections
  • seemingly less squat when you floor it and grips instantly / the pull feels stronger
  • does not nose dive as much on very heavy braking
  • looks really nice now and sits at a perfect height

The not so goods

• definitely way bumpier than the aging stock setup which was super comfortable but boat like and very floaty (you do feel every bump and the 16 way dampening setting on the front helps a bit but you still feel the bumps so I just drive with it turned up closer to fully hard anyway. Yet to get to the backs to adjust them (currently set fully hard) as I am looking into extenders that will sit clear of the parcel shelf to allow adjustability without the stuff around
  • my guards cracked during the testing and install sadly but the plan was/is to have them prepped properly and resprayed so I am not too fussed right now

IHQQ8505.thumb.JPG.86c69a07e932c2d70e64b37aedf25888.JPG

IMG_4799.thumb.JPG.eee6530bc14388014cefb6000c985ad7.JPG

• Like 4

She looks fantastic!

What do you mean the guards cracked? Did you hit them with the tyres?

I've just put the BC's in my BMW and find them to be so good, even over the Bilsteins I had previously. The adjustment of damping makes them really comfy when wound down too, although I really like firm suspension and I have them at about 2/3rd damping.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 11:51 AM, PranK said:

She looks fantastic!

What do you mean the guards cracked? Did you hit them with the tyres?

I've just put the BC's in my BMW and find them to be so good, even over the Bilsteins I had previously. The adjustment of damping makes them really comfy when wound down too, although I really like firm suspension and I have them at about 2/3rd damping.

Small split / crack on the top of the guard from catching on the tyre(s) sadly yes.

I am actually getting more and more used to the feel of "coilover suspension" with every drive so its actually starting to feel normal 😁

• Like 1

Cant seem to stop driving at the moment. Loving it 😍

New p zeros make a huge difference and combined with the stopping power and absolutely amazing handling of the coilovers - wow - I am super stoked !

172F74A7-FF7E-48A9-B284-2C99517590F6.thumb.jpeg.7383595ef5f89356a8b95f7ed295c123.jpeg

Next project is having the front bar / lip resprayed. Has a fair few stone chips and dings and dents and a noticeable crack / crumple from when the lip crunched on the "low" ramp going up the tyre places hoist which turned out to be not so low :/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

70808FA4-E040-42D4-8B76-8628CA4E1C0A.thumb.png.22ed73ecb9a97a3fad89e29bee3e57de.png

Random pic that I am using as my current screen background. 

Sparco carbon foot pedal covers rocked up. Seemingly good quality overall and no blemishes or defects in construction so quite impressed overall. They will need the original pedals to be drilled so I will work out how to remove them and do that as a project over the xmas break.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jez NF said:

Ordered a pair of sparco 4 point race harnesses. 

66BA6C4E-D7F8-4EDD-A440-0BCFB3BA9C50.thumb.jpeg.53b063903b582e19449ae38bbd7532d5.jpeg

should look like this

60D8CCE6-23FA-4B2A-B07B-2DA2ED29F5F0.thumb.png.e9319faeb37163faef28723820f1719c.png

I just wanted to check that you know about submarining in the event of a collision while wearing a 4 point harness. 

I'm not saying don't do it, just that if you choose to do it, at least have it be an informed decision. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Murray_Calavera said:

I just wanted to check that you know about submarining in the event of a collision while wearing a 4 point harness. 

I'm not saying don't do it, just that if you choose to do it, at least have it be an informed decision. 

Totally get your concern thanks mate. Just watched this as I didnt really know about it in detail I must admit.

CF3BF98E-451B-4F68-BF35-0836FC999AFA.thumb.png.edba9754b1262edb93527763a1ffdae9.png

I dont plan on racing or going too crazy so I think I will be fine. 
Learnt a few things reading up and watching that video so thanks for alerting me to it cheers 👍

• Like 1