SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Was hoping the "100th" reply would be a good one...but no such luck.....because the injectors had other plans sadly :angry:

The car wont start !! not even a tiny splutter / cough...nothing......would have been tempted to say the injectors were just dirty and needed a clean..but im kinda getting the odd feeling one or more of them is :wacko:

Swapped the old ones back a number of times and started up perfect everytime !! So definitely not the electricals / wiring etc...

ANYWAY

The injectors are getting cleaned and tested by a mobile chappie tmrw arvo...hopefully its just dirty and blocked etc. If all goes well car will get tuned on Monday and since I have work that evening I will pick her up Tuesday morning first thing.....FINGERS AND TOES crossed :blush:

(BTW...im hating all this having to wait to get my car back...it sucks) :rant:

Injectors are all good now :thumbsup: Thanks Steve for a job well done.......

5 out of the 6 were seized up >_<...probably from the lying around for so long etc...however I did get a good deal on them so not exactly upset.....also I now have the peace of mind knowing they are flow tested, cleaned and in "mint" condition.

Shes being tuned Monday and if everything goes well I will have a dyno sheet to put up soon :nyaanyaa:

This is my ride for tmrw......(sigh)......

290320111437.jpg

Spent the morning cleaning out the garage and "organizing" my cleaning / painting products. Lots of D.I.Y tasks lined up and shes going to get a good cleaning once I get her back :yes:

I labelled all my cleaning stuff and sent all the cloths for washing (gettin three new ones tmrw)....This is a pic of most of my stuff...missing some microfibres and the sponges and buckets etc..but that is pretty much it

Think I need to :ban: myself from buying cleaning stuff now.....I am getting too OCD !! hahahaaaaa

DSCN0577.jpg

Just realized the shelf tilts to the right !!! :huh:

Edited by jez NF

Wish it wasnt so bloody hot !! :rant:

Tuning with this kind of heat cannot be good !! Wonder how much it affects power figures?? Any opinions??

I am looking for a daily driving setup..and its summer..so im not going overboard at this stage.....Shes making just over 330 with the boost at 15psi...but that is before whacking in more timing and uping the boost....which we plan to do tmrw morning when its cooler - today was bloody hot :down:

Sorry been really busy at work...hence the reason why no updates / news etc.

Right.....got the car back. Took extra long I must admit, but at least shes back now.

Night Fury's making 340 @ the wheels on an "ultra safe" and really rich tune...spiking at 17psi and dropping off to 15 (on a turbo that usually runs 18-22psi all day everyday - this is a 3076r remember). biggrin.gif Summer in Perth can be BAD..i use my car a lot and go for long drives etc..and last thing I want is some more drama !! So I am very happy with the result at this stage.

We did crank the boost up to 20psi dropping off to 18 and she made 362.8 which was before whacking in more timing...so I am pretty sure she is capable of a lot more and this makes me very HAPPY yes.gif

Also ended up having to buy a plug for the z32 as the old one was not the best and the wiring kept coming loose. Washed and dried her up this morning (was filthy) and plan to do the interior / engine bay / boot etc tmrw along with a good polish.

DSCN0586-Copy.jpg

Also plan to take her out late evening today for a "spirited run" to test what she can now do devil.gif

Sorry been really busy at work...hence the reason why no updates / news etc.

Right.....got the car back. Took extra long I must admit, but at least shes back now.

Night Fury's making 340 @ the wheels on an "ultra safe" and really rich tune...spiking at 17psi and dropping off to 15 (on a turbo that usually runs 18-22psi all day everyday - this is a 3076r remember). biggrin.gif Summer in Perth can be BAD..i use my car a lot and go for long drives etc..and last thing I want is some more drama !! So I am very happy with the result at this stage.

We did crank the boost up to 20psi dropping off to 18 and she made 362.8 which was before whacking in more timing...so I am pretty sure she is capable of a lot more and this makes me very HAPPY yes.gif

Also ended up having to buy a plug for the z32 as the old one was not the best and the wiring kept coming loose. Washed and dried her up this morning (was filthy) and plan to do the interior / engine bay / boot etc tmrw along with a good polish.

DSCN0586-Copy.jpg

Also plan to take her out late evening today for a "spirited run" to test what she can now do devil.gif

omg. i need me a turbo, im so jelly of the power figures haha, she must be a beast now!

Once upon a time..in a land far far away..lived Night Fury......her owner decided to take her for a "spirited drive" one evening.....this is how the evening went....till she lived happily ever after locked up safe and sound in his garage nyaanyaa.gif

I drove the car straight to BP for a quick refuel.....was waiting to turn in and saw a cop car a few cars down coming up the road....heart skipped a beat I must admit unsure.gif To add to that it turned into the road leading to the servo and I was slap bang behind it while turning in....kept the revs down to a minimum (car is now LOUD as) and tried to negotiate the curb pretending my car was just another "high rider" on the road....fail....nearly clipped the sideskirts in my enthusiasm.....

Safely into the station I quickly scan the bays and guess what I see.........ANOTHER cop car already filling up in the one directly opposite me.......I can laugh now....but boy did I miss my big boy pants.

I guess the guilt of knowing I was going to be "hooning" soon did not help and I must admit I have never felt so nervous seeing a cop car before.

Was desperately trying to take a photograph with my car parked up along with a ute in the next bay and then two cop cars side by side...but there was a policewoman paying in front of me...two coppers still in the cars and one standing filling up....and I could not find the courage to...so gave that a miss..........now hating the fact that I missed out on one hell of a shot mad.gif

One cop car drove off and I drove across to the air and water section to check air pressure........quick fill up of the back left tyre that was three or four psi too low and I was on my way......

Results:

Races to 6000 rpm in first with a bit of wheelspin when I launch from base rpm.

Jumps to limiter with a lot of wheelspin and back cuts out when I launch at 3000....(did not have the heart to harm my clutch further than that sorry)

In second she transforms and 3000 onwards you hear the engine note change...and the turbo howl...4000 rpm onwards you can really feel her come alive real suddenly...(nice little kick)

Races to limiter in second before you know it.....quick shift into third...and this is where all the power is......rockets off from here...and becomes scary at close to limiter - speed is way into "dangerous territory at this stage"...drop into fourth and floor it for a while..but quickly cut back brake hard before leisurely dropping into fifth and cruising slowly coming back down to speed limit.

Take a corner off a roundabout or off a turn that you usually granny in third at 2k...in second..n she fishtails when you floor it.....hitting limiter hard.

All in all.......an awesome drive.....I know its nothing compared to the power of a Gt35r etc...but give me response over lag any day...and with enough power to comfortably and consistently chop most cars out there....BOY AM I HAPPY....I dont race...and you wont find me dropping a skid ever etc....so I am not your regular hoon....but give me the right conditions and roads..and I wont hold back once in a while.

For the record......I love my car even more now wub.gif (in case you haven't figured that out already)

Thinking of getting these for my daily setup

IMG_3312500W.jpg

and keeping my two piece jap rims for "special occasions" (once they are done up - as I plan to get them spruced up and 'degutter rashed').....my xmas present to myself sorcerer.gif

So thinking 18"....9.5 and +30 or possibly +22 (not sure yet unsure.gif )

(p.s. someone please tell me if this link is working - thanks)

FLAMES BABY !!! devil.gifdevil.gif

Night Fury doing a "puff the magic dragon" !!!!!

A BIG thank you to Mike from Pro Race for an awesome tune and some sexy dyno stuff.....thanks.gif Edited by jez NF

vids workin mate, very nice !!!

yaaay..it works....and thanks.gif for letting me know "Mico"..much appreciated.

Also been a while since Mitch (Immaculate Reflections) made my car all pruuueeedy and the car is due a spruce up. Just got off the phone to Jonno.....shes going to his on Wednesday first thing in the morning for a nice clean up...he has started his own detailing business (Skyhigh Car Detailing) and I cant wait to get him to do his stuff on my car...all this lying around in the workshop has made her filthy....also I want to get the engine bay done up nice and clean as the next project is to fabricate a stealthy looking neat and tidy heat shield above the turbo so that I dont melt my hoses over time.

Meanwhile I am back to working on touching up the paint on the window trims (which got interrupted) and plan to start the brake calipers once I am done with them. Pictures will follow soon.

Today was a productive day.......rocked up at Jonno's slap bang on the dot of 8:30am and was given a cheerful energetic and enthusiastic welcome. Before you could say Jack the car was parked up..the high pressure was brought out..and BOOM...the work began

DSCN0625.jpg

Car was really dirty and dusty as I had to drive in the rain...

DSCN0610.jpg

First up a quick wash....using the famous two bucket method

DSCN0628.jpg

Wheel and rim clean

DSCN0618.jpg

Clay bar at work

DSCN0635.jpg

DSCN0633.jpg

First time a clay bar was used on the car....and even though it picked up hardly any dirt compared to what Jonno was used to seeing on other cars it was amazing to see it do its thing....run your hand over the surface and it feels sleek and smooth after. thumbsup.gif for the clay bar

DSCN0634.jpg

Engine bay tidy up

DSCN0619.jpg

Headlights needed a touch up

DSCN0623.jpg

Second wash....

DSCN0626.jpg

Sealant applied.....car left to "rest" and then quick buff off and ready to go......

DSCN0631.jpg

Already happy with the results at this stage....though I am waiting for some Final Inspection stuff to arrive (Which he was kind enough to order in for me) and then I will wax and polish her and get her REAL shiny banana.gif

DSCN0653-1.jpg

BIG thanks.gif to Jonno for some great quality workmanship.......and for being so cheerful, helpful and accommodating.....thanks.gif to his mom for the orange juice and fruit...which made my day !!

DSCN0683-1.jpg

Overall experience = 10/10

DSCN0679-Copy-1.jpg