SAU Community

Pnm35 Build Thread

PN-Mad

Are you planning on doing any work on the auto box to strengthen it up a bit before putting the turbo on, or just gonna see what happens?

Nice car too, it was looking really good on the 15th Anniversary cruise.

Thanks Mate, good efforts on making it from Bathusrt too!

My plans for the box is basically the transgo kit, and a transcooler with Thermostat. On the Transgo site, it says that the kit for this box is designed with turbo/super charging in mind. So with those two things in the box, I'm hoping it will cope. From what I have read, its mostly about keeping the temp down, as to not fry the box. Generally I don't drive it like I stole it, so if it survives the tune (which I will tell them about the box, and to be mindful of it) I'm pretty sure it'll go fine on the road.

Will that have any effect apart from speeding up the shifts? I was thinking more in terms of protecting the gearbox from any problems caused by the increased power levels, if that is even going to be an issue.

I thought that's what shif kits do??? :blink: to prevent "flaring and destructive gear changes" as per Jetwreck's words...

fkn LOL @ Dale.

Also LOL with Dale :)

Very interested to see the sump mod Alex

Is that cause you might be pinching one...? Sump has been cut to clear all various extra bits and pieces. It's going to be welded up monday. I'll get photos when done.

Lol Dale- its a build thread, not just a look at my POOOOWWWWWWWWERRRRRRRRRRR thread thumbsup.gif

Plus, someone said we have to fix a big black pile of backfarting parts first before getting carried away...tongue.gif

I'll get some photos of the kit up first. That'll shit Dale some more...

All good mate; I just saw the Clarkson ones & had to use themnyaanyaa.gif

Take your time & do it right; I'll stop filling your thread with junk now.

Watching with interest as this develops; it's going to be a very interesting package, with performance to match the looks.thumbsup.gif

Carry on.

• 2 weeks later...

good to see my hks turbo kit is going to good use. funny thing is now i want a m35.....lol

Do it, Dave!

BTW, is that John's new engine I've been hearing the past few nights over here? Fck me, it's loud, but it also sounds good!

6275385385_471cd1f168.jpg

Well, I got the sump back on friday arvo. Got modified to clear the front diff, and the stock oil cooler piping. This is what it ended up looking like.6275907256_845b266094.jpg

The hole on the rhs is for the oil return. When I got it the wings were the same size on both sides. The screen door in the top of the sump seems to act like a baffle.

Edited by PN-Mad

1319442563[/url]' post='6077090']

Custom modded HKS sump, noice. When are the goodies going on?

Well, now I have everything I want. So, we want to sort out Craig's car before another ends up in bits all over the place. Hopefully within the next month or so. Wish you were in Sydney, I'd be getting you to make up a exhaust.tongue.gif

1319442918[/url]' post='6077105']

Nice Alex. Very nicely done.

Lose about 200ml of oil I guess? (not that it will matter)

yeah, probably lost a bees dick worth of oil. Not much to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...