SAU Community

The 'someone Help Me' Thread

Matty Sherlock

how is it dangerous?

Im sure you are smart enough to figure out why its dangerous.

Does it kick down other gears as it should without delay? I reckon the box might be on its way out, perhaps drop it into an automatic's place and get them to take a look. But as Krishy said, the ultimate solution is to get a manual cog swapper.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys can anyone tell me whether I'll need a retune if I put my rear muffler back on? Car currently has a straight through 3" system and the muffler is a big oval rear one. I just need to be able to start it in the morning without waking the whole town up. For next week anyway.

Het fellaz,

Bit of a nissan noob, had rx7's for years but slowly learning the nissan way... :) :)

I need some help with my new ride, i just bought an A31 ceffy fitted with an R32 RB20det and the wipers, temp gauge and rev tacho dont work. Bloke i've bought it off said they all worked before the engine conversion. Just wanted to see if anyone else on here has done a similar conversion and came across the same problem??

Or even point me in the direction of a workshop that does alot of engine conversion work that could possibly help me out. From what im lead to believe is the plugs from ceffy body loom and 32 ecu loom have different pinouts to those 3 things.. Got a mate helping me out who's an auto elec but we just need some pics of where the prob lies or some extra info.. had a few cracks at it but with no luck on fixing it.. aaaaahhh! haha

Anyone that could help out with some info would be greatly appreciated. i wanna see if we can get it done first without spending big bucks at a shop... Its the only thing stopping me from driving it on the road so im mad keen to get it fixed asap.

Hope you guys can help and dont mind doing so. Thanks in advance.

Jared

• 3 weeks later...

installed two gt 2860 -5s in an r32 gtr and took it for a drive tonight, 5 k's or so it was fine, til it started making this high pitched squealing sort of noise. freaking out we thought it was the turbos gone because of an oil block or something. had 3 of us look over everything in the engine bay for undone clamps, oil leaks etc... nothing

everything was put back on the turbos correctly, oil change was done before first run, (car had been on stands for about 4 months due to installing new clutch and turbos)

one guy that looked at said that because the gearbox was taken out the engine had to slide back, which could have crushed an oil line perhaps??

old turbos (stock) ran 11 pound these run 14 so its nothing to do with that? high pitched pressure squeal?

but we really think its the turbos, we didnt pre - lube the turbos with oil either. which some people tend to do.

car is being looked at tomorrow but if anyone has any thoughts or ideas help is definitely appreciated ...

Gauges on my Stag are freaking out.

Temp reads at full hot, fuel reads at full tank (when it's not full), speed wont read when driving, rev's just bounce on 1k rpm and wont really go over that when driving and the KM's are reading 999,999km when it should only have 60,000km on it (it's a digital readout)

I've figured out how to make the gauges actually work though at times. I just switch it to on without starting it, let the gauges settle to where they need to be and then start it. This seems to make everything work EXCEPT the km readout is still at 999,999km.

Something electrical I'm guessing and I'm not too keen to mess with electrics in cars ever again after a bad experience.

Any ideas?