SAU Community

The 'someone Help Me' Thread

Matty Sherlock

Changed fuel filter. Charging laptop to go thru consult diagnostic tool as well as AEM fuel ignition controller piggyback ecu.

Will test later after kids dinner...... Shitty day :(

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the CAS camshaft angle sensor

Where do I get a replacement asap?

Cheers.

I got my last one from Koji @ JIS in Windsor Gardens, cant remember specifically how much it cost but it was under $100...

-D

hmm possible AFM problem by the sound of it Tangles. If it runs then stalls every time you stop? This happens alot when people put atmo BOVs on cars with afms! If it was the cas, it would not run!

Thx, will call them & nisswreck on Monday, and Upullit tomorrow.

Edit: error log comes up with CAS. But yeah, I thought it could be afm too.... It's not starting again now, had to get neighbour to push me back off the road. He services cars, and first thing he said was CAS. Consult agrees.

Thx, will call them & nisswreck on Monday, and Upullit tomorrow.

Edit: error log comes up with CAS. But yeah, I thought it could be afm too.... It's not starting again now, had to get neighbour to push me back off the road. He services cars, and first thing he said was CAS. Consult agrees.

even with munted afm's, you should still be able to idle from the factory presets during limp mode, unless you've changed your injectors in which case it'll probably be running rich even in limp mode (it assumes 444cc injectors to nissan spec in limp mode and makes assumptions based upon the stock components). One way you can test an afm is to put it in the freezer for a cpl hours, or pour cold water on it while the unit is attached to the crank. As CAS's get older the housing expands due to heat and eventually the components inside the case dont come close enough to each other every cycle, so it doesnt register. If you ever suspect its a CAS error, pour water on the cas and wait a few minutes for it to cool down. If it cranks only after adding water (voila) then you can assume its the CAS

-D

*edit 444cc being the example for rb26, i dont know offhand what 20/25's are

Yeah must be cutting in/out. Will clean contacts in plug tomorrow, but I'd say I'm up for replacement.

Need to buy a replacement on Monday ( unless you want to sell, Zorro, lol?)

Edit: cheers dohmar, will try the water trick. But I'm fairly sure now that its the issue. I'm using S15 injectors, so 440cc. I don't believe its AFM, consult doesn't lie