SAU Community

Roil Results

G'day all,

Having sent out 4 trial Roils a coupla weeks back, I'm starting this thread for those trying it to post their results. Can i ask that those trying it only pass final judgement after having completed 750km, but feel free to make comments in the mean time about any changes. Those that I've sent Roil out to are:

Ska, Steve, EnricoPalazzo, Bass Junky, RHiSC, Dreg01, MM2Death, Zahos, jabtronic, meshmesh, camandcandice, R3AP3R, timbar32, GTST....

I'll had more if they come... let me know if i've forgotten anybody,

Cheers guys

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty, firstly some history:

Car:

1993 Skyline R33 S1

Mods:

17 inch Mags

Lots of ricy green paint :)

I have never met this person whom supplied this product, nor am I in any way affiliated with the manufacturer in any way.

Roil Diary:

26/3

Roil arrived by mail, had heaps of product endorsing paperwork with it, to which I promptly put in a pile to forget about, sorry but I am after facts of my own.

After stuffing around asking how much to put it because I am a noob, I added 300 mL into a semi-hot motor (been sitting after driving 6 kms home for about 3 hours)

Drove along the highway doing the limits 141 km’s, no noticeable difference, not giving it any time to either, was raining and hit heavy traffic going north from Brisbane.

27/3

“Seemed” to start faster but then again it might be the placebo affect, also added 100mL to my power steering fluid.

Drove home along highway 143 km’s, no noticeable difference, gave it a bit getting onto the highway too.

Total Kms since adding: 287

28/3

Time to give it a bit :D I go through the gateway toll booths a lot and have roughly guesstimated my speed at certain points and today I got off the mark well and got to the first bump going up the bridge from the gates and hit my markers at around the same time, so no noticeable difference yet.

Did notice that my power steering used to make this awful groaning noise, well not awful, but anyway it made this noise when I was standing still and moving the wheel, and this sound has gone now, so happy with that.

Total Kms since adding: 444

29/3

Road was a bit wet this morning on the way to work, and this road I know very well and did notice that the boost was punching in at around 2k to 2.5k rpm when it used to punch in between 2.5k to 3k rpm. Sweet!

Total Kms since adding: 459

30/3

No other differences but the turbo and power steering noise gone noticed.

Total Kms since adding: 474

1/4

Went on weekly cruise and told about the turbo to which everyone had a good laugh and said it was probably my imagination, but I stand by my finding, and tested it thoroughly tonight, yeap defiantly between 1mm before 2k and 2.5k rpm boost punches in.

Total Kms since adding: 582

2/4

Again went out cruising and watched the boost gauge and yes defiantly punches in where I am guesstimating it is.

Total Kms since adding: 694

4/4

Did my race to the marker from the toll gates again and noticed that when I hit it I am going about ~10kms faster, but then again I might have got a better start, not too much wheel spin that time, so I am not attributing that to roil.

Total Kms since adding: 862

So basically I own a totally stock car except for the mags so I did not think I would see much difference whatsoever and basically you can all laugh and tell me I am dreaming, but I did notice a difference in the turbo boost time, which I like because I hate lag.

I took the old owner, which I am good mates with and asked him if he saw any difference, before telling him anything. After he had a couple of trips around the block, he thought that the turbo was coming on sooner, not as much as I guessed, but he defiantly said it was coming on sooner, not by much though. He attributed it to a pod, when he asked I told him about roil, and showed him the bottle to which he looked at it and said, “hmmmm well I thought all these did nothing, hmmmm”

I am very interested in what results other people had, especially in a car that has more boost, bigger turbo, bigger everything :D

Personally I do not think I will be buying this product for the simple fact is other than long term benefits (which are unknown at this time) there is little point in spending the money to get a little less lag, I am more interested in putting it away for an EBC or a 3inch exhaust turbo back.

Anyway that is my independent report. I was a sceptic, thinking that I probably would not see any difference so I was very surprised to see it had some effect!

Today 7/4 I am putting in a highflow filter which I have been wanting to put in but did not want to put it in mid-testing.

All results were measured by the seat of my pants by myself in my own car.

A great unbiased report... and that's all i ever asked for. Great to see the lack of lag.. just like s13drifter said in his car!!! To be honest Roil is more about protection of a vehicle's expensive components rather than outright performance... but to see a turbo spool up quicker is definately evidence that friction has been reduced... which is what its all about....

Thanks again....

If anyone may be interested in Roil its $50 for a 480mL bottle and that'll ussually treat a whole car (ie engine, gearbox, power steering) unless u've got an auto gearbox with a large capacity or an engine/gearbox oil cooler that may increase capacity. I'll donate $5 from every bottle sold for the first 50 (if i was to get that much) to Prank and the Skyline forum if anyone's interested... though i look foward to the other 3 getting back with their results too...

Cheers guys

Interesting... i was/am sceptical...

i would love to see Sydneykids response about something like this

Ska did a good job of keeping a diary, but (and no offence) seems like he's a noob like most of us here (including me)....

picking mine up tomorrow very keen to see what this does to the 1J (uses 2X bushed type bearing ceramic turbos) my enginge is getting a little long in the tooth now and i can feel the difference from when the engine was newer... basically if its going to work it will work here, i'm actually expecting the biggest diferences to me in my diff... Anywayz i'll let everyone know my findings...

So far we haven't had any quantifiable evidence yet.

Some back to back dyno tests and accelleration tests (preferably drag strip) are needed, to assist the case. Till we get a few of those under the belt we don't have any respectable evidence.

jetpilot 1986,

I encourage you to wait till you get some good data. It's best that you leave the testimonials. For those testing the product for free I think the least they can do is put up a few bucks for a dyno run.

As for spooling a turbo at an earlier rpm (lack of lag); sorry that's not going to happen no matter how good the lubricant is. It may help the turbo's response 'time' but, we need to do some very tricky timing of that (can be done though).

Good on people for giving something new a go all the same.

Both s13drifter and Ska claimed to have had considerable decreases in turbo lag, and that's just on this forum... without wanting to refer to 'testimonials' again, beleive me, this is very common thing amongst turbo cars that have used roil. Remember that Roil isn't a lubricant, it actually treats the surface of metal to produce a lower co-efficient of friction, and as such its only natural that something that spins as fast a turbo given lest friction will spool up faster...

Each to his own... but i've seen the results first hand.