• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

congrats to all who have managed to give em up, well done

gave em up a little over 6 months ago using champix

already feel better, didnt finish the course of tablets in the end kept forgetting to take em

so I stopped

there is some real horror stories about champix, but smoking WILL KILL U no question

so the trade off is probably worth it

I smoked for over half my life, 37 years, pack a day

work in the mines surrounded by smokers

If I can do it anyone can

Edited by noone

Has anyone tried the Allen Carr book? apparently it works but only once. i heard many stories of people using this book and have stopped smoking.

To Circumvent Psychological Withdrawal:-

Several of my hypnotherapy colleagues as well as yours truly have had clients that tried the above.

But I'm sure some people have done the reverse too.

I admire anyone who quits regardless of his/her method.

To Circumvent Physical Withdrawal:-

Mood shifts are diminished by taking the amino acid l-Tyrosine to support Dopamine levels in the brain.

Take 400mg on an empty tummy daily if recent nicotine consumption is below 50mg/day

Take 500mg on an empty tummy daily if nicotine consumption is around 75mg/day

Take 750-800mg on an empty tummy if nicotine consumption is around 130mg/day

Take 1000mg on an empty tummy if nicotine consumption is above 180mg/day

l-Tyrosine is natural > often extracted from walnut protein. Brands include Pre-DOP, Adreno Tone, SFM and so on.

How are we all going in here?

If things get iffy, don't drink alcohol or strong coffee eh? They both intensify the propensity to gravitate towards a fag.

I'm 21, have been smoking since I was 17. Started off because a mate of mine did it and offered them to me when we were drinking and eventually got into it myself. Girlfriend of the past 2 1/2 years also smoked as well as 95% of my friends and work mates.

A couple of months ago I was inspired by someone on here, different thread, who had quit smoking. I was doing well, had this idea that I would purchase a packet on the sunday and would gradually cut my way down until I was down to 1 a day, then just forget about it. It worked well, and managed to make that packet last me 2 weeks. Then I was having 1 every few days and then none. I still had the mentality that smoking would make me feel better so I would get a bit frustrated with someone or something and would say "flap, I need a cigarette" but instead would go stand outside and chew some gum for a few minutes. This all went pretty well until the girlfriend thing ended and I was basically about to hit rock bottom so I started smoking again.

Looking back I think I actually started smoking more every day and I got to a point where I realised I was doing bad, normally I would have around 8 a day, I was pushing 20 a day. I met a girl and she didn't hate it, but wasn't all for the idea of smoking. I also sorted out all my finances (previously spent most of the relationship with the ex paying her rent and generally supporting her while she pissed her money up the wall) and am now in a position to look for my perfect 33 GTR. Girl is currently overseas for the next 2 weeks so yesterday I left the cigarettes at home and went to work cigarette free. Did the same today, so far I've had 4 over the past 48 hours.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the withdrawls as I know what to expect from last time. It's interesting, I experienced the same side affects as when I got off my anti depressants many years ago. Am looking forward to feeling healthier and more money to spend on car related items though.

Feel so much better.No more coughing at night,and saveing a fortune as well. :action-smiley-069:

So you're the first one who can say, "I'm about to buy an R34 GTR with dough that could have been spent on ciggies!!" :)

Keep up the good work peeps as you're about to enter 'silly season' with liquor trying to galvanize an urge to smoke over the next 6 weeks

So you're the first one who can say, "I'm about to buy an R34 GTR with dough that could have been spent on ciggies!!" :)

Keep up the good work peeps as you're about to enter 'silly season' with liquor trying to galvanize an urge to smoke over the next 6 weeks

Me and him will be fine,no one we hang with fags so it's all good. :banana:

• 2 years later...

Ok it looks like almost 3 years since someone posted in this thread.

Theres some new stuff out there to help quit smoking, in particular, the e-cigarette.

The ones that look like a cigarette are not real good, they dont feel like your smoking and dont deliver much if any nicotine.

The good ones really do work, i bought one last week and it does the job quite well.

It hits your throat like smoke and you can choose the strength of nicotine.

Before i go on about it id like to mention that THE LONG TERM EFFECTS ARE NOT KNOWN.

This is what we know about it so far:

So like they say in the lecture, you have fingertip control of your nicotine fix, just like a normal cigarette.

This makes it real easy to convert and have no withdrawals.

For me the hardest thing was finding a flavour i like or one that is nasty like a smoke is. The nasty smoke flavour helps, because its so much like a real cigarette.

From here i can start cutting the nicotine levels down, or vape less often. Or if i keep going its nowhere near as bad as smoking.

I still feel like im smoking, but my lungs feel bigger and less restricted. Theres no ash, butts or stinky smoke that sticks to everything. I can have one puff or 20. I dont need a lighter and its not a fire hazard. I got my first kit for the price of a pack of smokes, and its costing me about $2 for the equivalent of a pack of 40s, choose your nicotine strength just like cigarettes.

Nicotine is not for sale in Australia, but you can import it legally: http://customs.gov.au/faq/AlcoholCigTobacco2.asp

I wont go on about everything else as there is a bit, you can find all you need to know here: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum.php

post-89755-0-33849100-1402719775_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup:

Edited by D.I.Y. Mik