SAU Community

Official Battlefield 3 Thread

R31Nismoid

f**k me that DLC is AWESOME!!! Totally what DLC should be without a doubt. Awesome value IMO.

Prrety sure I got the "special" edition thing.

If more companies made the DLC interesting and worthwhile - they would make a killing.

Hopefully they learn from it and don't abuse it by chopping orig games too hard without it

2GB PC Patch inc Tuesday 6th. Karkand content + All whole bunch of fixes!

Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489494744784/

Hi all,

We will release an update to the PC version of BF3 on Dec 6th -- that is, Tuesday morning around 8AM GMT next week. This coincides with an upgrade of many of our central systems which will be down for some hours starting around that time.

It will be both a client update -- approximately 2GB in size -- and a server update.

The client/server combination will be incompatible with older clients/servers. All players will be prompted to download the update once it has been released. All RSP companies will begin upgrading their servers at the same time.

The client update is large because it contains most of the content for Back to Karkand. This is not ideal, so we aim to make potential DLC content in the future as optional downloads.

Bugfixes:

Fixed a problem with spawn timer now showing blue border on startup and lost spawn point

Fixed a problem where player who joined queuing on End of round got spawn screen stuck on screen, but unable to do anything with it untill next round loaded

Fixed a problem where camera would change to 3rd person on killcam when killcam was turned off in server settings

Fixed stat references on several dogtags

Fixed for surveillance ribbon not counting TUGS

Fixed a missing combat area lines on the minimap for Grand Bazaar conquest small

Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree

Fixed a problem where placing C4 with the russians soldier was playing US faction VO

Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it

Fixed a problem when attempting to fire lock on weapons without a target

Tweaked the chat, it should now be a bit easier to read

Fixed several vehicles that did not properly shoot rockets and guns towards their predictive sights

Fixed the G17 Supressed Laser not working properly

Added alternate HUD colors to help colorblinds

Added a network interpolation setting. This allows users with good bandwidth reduce latency, but might increase some stuttering. The user can find what works best for his connection by tweaking the slider.

Increased the Spawn protection radius on TDM

Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often

Fixed a problem where users could end up with IRNV scope in any vehicle

Fixed a problem where player dies if vaulting over a ledge and into water while sprinting

Fixed several crashes and increased general stability

Fixed a problem where the user was unable to revive two players that have the bodies one over the other

Fixed so you can assign an axis and use as a digital input. This makes it possible for the player (on pc) to assign one of the sticks on a gameped to be used for throttle/brake.

Fixed a problem with the Kill camera acting up when suiciding from parachute

Fixed air radar was showing to much. now lasertagged, heatsignature above threshold, enemy missiles and capture points are only visible on air radar

Fixed a problem where the game would enter a technical hang if the user pressed pause menu and tilde at the same time

Fixed a problem where you could get green flashes on screen

You can now reassign cycle weapons

Fixed so the weapon zooms automatically after bipod deploy is gone when using zoom toggle

Fixed a problem where the parachute would stay stuck in air if the owner was killed

Balance Tweaks:

Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.

Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.

Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.

Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.

Fixed a bug where Ammo spec would give additional 40mm grenades instead of Frag spec.

Increased the number of additional 40mm grenades from Frag spec.

Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines. (We want to make a different fix in the future, it’s in JIRA).

Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.

Fixed several weapon descriptions, calibers, and fire rates. The weapons themselves have not changed.

Fixed so the M9 and MP443 pistol can be equipped by the opposing faction when it is unlocked at 100 kills.

Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast.

Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.

Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.

Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.

Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.

Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.

Increased the effective accuracy of long bursts for LMGs when using a bipod.

Slightly increased the range of the 44magnum bullets.

Increased the close range damage of 4.6x30mm and 5.7x28mm bullets.

Increased the reload time of the Mortar from 3.5sec to 4.8sec and increased the time it takes before a shell hits the ground.

Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45.

Increased the range and FOV for designating targets with the SOFLAM and vehicle Laser Designators.

Decreased the effectiveness of 12g FRAG ammo when equipped on semi-automatic and automatic shotguns.

Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.

Decreased the power of Miniguns against Jets and Helicopters.

Increased the power of Stingers against Jets.

Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased.

Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.

Added Single Shot to the AN94 as an available fire mode.

Slightly increased the recoil on the M416 and removed the Burst Fire mode (this weapon incorrectly had burst fire, which was not authentic).

Tweaked the spawns for TDM on Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar, Caspian Border, Seine Crossing, Operation Firestorm, Damavand Peak and Noshahar Canals

Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree

Tweaked the Gas station Capture area on Conquest on Caspian Border

Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals

Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode. We changed it back after getting a lot of negative feedback from both individuals and the RSP companies.

Our plan is to introduce a warm-up mode, where players can move about and play the game, but with scoring disabled; then, when the number of players goes above the threshold -- that's when the real round starts.

Our plan is to introduce a warm-up mode, where players can move about and play the game, but with scoring disabled; then, when the number of players goes above the threshold -- that's when the real round starts.

OH THANK GOD i can join empty servers now and practice with heli/jets :D

Message in battlelog

Tomorrow we are performing some maintenance on all platforms including Battlelog in preparation for Karkand and upcoming updates. Therefore all services will be down between 9:00 CET and 13:00 CET.

so 7pm - 11pm tonight

Epic patch so many changes that acctually work and I don't think they broke anything

Some of the changes I like

Chat is now top left and doesn't take up half your screen and is easier to read

They have added ping - but only for everybody else and not yourself - I would rather see my own and no one else's rather than how it is now

Mini map has been adjusted and players and vehicles stand out now and don't merge into 1 big spot

sounds good, I'm partially patched just need to fix what ever broke with the Russian install

thats what you get for being cheap :P

and my fav fixes as I'm a big Flyboy in jets and scout chopper

Increased the range and FOV for designating targets with the SOFLAM and vehicle Laser Designators.

Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast.

jets don't get disabled till 35% - but extinguisher now only puts you to 37% :(

I Love the buff on the Jet guns against choppers can kill in 1 pass now :D

I hate the Changes with stingers on jets - 2 missiles hitting will kill instantly rather than leaving you with a few % left which means no time for extinguisher so AA vehicles and choppers get an instant kill if you don't dodge the missiles

also don't like the mini gun change as i loved in the scout choppers taking out jets and other choppers with the mini guns - but at least they fixed AGM so not to bad

the tower falling in caspian is cool - happens when 1 team has 20 tickets left

Edited by Damit

in my defence it wasn't till 3 days out from going live I recieved an apology letter from where I bought it saying there stock had come in and it was Russian gave me the option for a refund or continue with purchase