SAU Community

Official Battlefield 3 Thread

R31Nismoid

Im on ps3 too, what was yor tag? Cotts-?

Miksterrules is my tag and im a veteran noob.

Im good at standing around in the open and drawing enemy fire.

So you can hang around behind me and pick em off while i respawn in an area thats being blown to sht and die again.

still fun but.

Yeah mate that's me, hahahaha for sure! I'm not gonna lie, i've been playing MW3 heaps lately. Idk why i've just started to like it again, i know that i enjoy BF3 more but i always end up playing MW3 instead... :/

just decided to find this...

BF3 on ps3, add me: [kirasuran] without brackets obviously. only got it a month or two ago, not a noob by most estimations, used to play COD/Bad company 2 anyway.

Edited by darksky34

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've been watching the official streams from EA Games. Every stream has a developer talking about what they have changed. BF3 was a broken game. EA killed it fairly early on and there was no competitive scene; bit hard to have a competitive scene without spectator mode LOL

BF4 looks impressive all round, EA has apologised for their mistakes in BF3 and have assured us all that they've either been fixed or being worked on before the release. Which, from a competitive gamers perspective is amazing news that a producer actually admits fault.

Admits fault and listens to the community, this is a huge stepping stone.

Pretty happy with how it seems to be progressing.

I still miss the good old days of 1942 and I wish they would remake a good version of that.

It was just something about lining up your plane to drop a bomb onto an incoming tank or taking down an aircraft carrier that got my blood pumping.

Since EA appointed their new CEO, the company has changed a lot of their shitty policies and attitude towards the customer. A big PLUS in my books.

BF4 should be awesome!

Just quickly, I dunno about you guys, but I was losing my shit last night by doing the following.

Go to one of the expansion maps that have dirt bikes (Nebadan Flats for example), and go support, and place a metric shittonne of C4 under a dirtbike.

Stand back, and wait for someone on your own team to get on the bike. Hit the detonator, and watch old mate skyrocket toward the moon. Seriously, they go so high they almost go out of the map. If they stay on the bike, they can land and scoot off as well, but most people crap themselves and bail / parachute back down.

Possibly the funniest thing I've seen in this game in a long time. I think I spent the best part of an hour doing this the other night.

The other thing you can do, and its a bit of a bastard act, but its funny as hell, is strap heaps of C4 to one side of the nose of your own chopper. You need at least 5 packs for it to work properly. Wait for someone on your own team to get in, and start flying off (they need to be tilting kinda forward for it to work) and hit the C4.

It blows the nose of the chopper sideways, turns it upside down, and sends it crashing down toward the ground.

Its awesome for those blokes who just keep raping the chopper and not sharing the love around.