SAU Community

Official Battlefield 3 Thread

R31Nismoid

i have just fixed my APPCRASH problem, and now running MP aswell as SP.

if the game files are installed in " c:/program files/ electronic arts/battlefield 3". this destination folder has caused the APPCRASH for me.

to fix it, you will need to re-install in this dorectory "C:/program files/ origin games/ battlefield 3" ( click the default button when it asks you for the instillation path.

lol, true...but its been a busy weekend. hard to find a spot in the good 64 player servers anyways......

and the whole Origin...then find a game thru the browser.......stupidest layout ever. im surprised you dont need steam. windows live, and or some other crap aswell.......

what happened to games having their own menu?? this is my biggest pet hate about PC games. all the extra crap you need just to play a game. :(

as easy as load a disk into a console is...this game is one i would never consider getting on console

hey guys, ive added the few of you who have posted your id's, im Ralfbot online

i seen to have gotten the short endof the stick with this game as i have gotten EVERY single glitch bug and crash available on the forums and so far am only able to play the game once per day...... and i mean once if its for 5mins or 2 hours it doent matter after the game closes it no longer joins any onther servers.....

I NEARLY took the game back to JB after 3 days of owning it.... and will if EA does'nt sort their crap out

C'mon guys.

Console is simply "insert disc and play". Farrrk. None of this "I have to be a pc geek to play" bs.

Shiiit. Flame on??

pc version is pretty glitchy/laggy atm. its a bitch to actually get in a server. also it took about 2 hours of installing and signing up for sh*t until i actually got to play the damn thing. ive had to turn all the graphics down to low because my gfx card was made in the stone age.

but i still would rather get it for pc, only because i cant stand using a controller for first person shooter type games

lol, i have no idea why everyone is having so much trouble. i installed it from disk, took me 8 minutes. origin got installed in one go, i still had my ea account from BC2.

as soon as it was installed, went straight into a server, all my settings on ultra maxed out and its running fine.

have not had a single problem besides some servers having the rubber banding issue.

but yeah that web browser server shit is annoying.

running i7 860 @ 3.5ghz

16gb ddr3 1800mhz

NO SSD's

2 sets of 2x 2tb in raid

GTX 570

Windows 7 ultimate

lol, i have no idea why everyone is having so much trouble. i installed it from disk, took me 8 minutes. origin got installed in one go, i still had my ea account from BC2.

as soon as it was installed, went straight into a server, all my settings on ultra maxed out and its running fine.

have not had a single problem besides some servers having the rubber banding issue.

but yeah that web browser server shit is annoying.

running i7 860 @ 3.5ghz

16gb ddr3 1800mhz

NO SSD's

2 sets of 2x 2tb in raid

GTX 570

Windows 7 ultimate

nice setup, do you get any frame lag whatsoever?

im not fully clued up with computers. im running an i7 2.67ghz, 6gb ram, plenty of space, if i were to upgrade my ATI HD4890 to a gigabyte GTX570, would you think that it would solve the frame lag? or the cpu/ram be holding it back maybe..

there is a massive difference from the ati/amd cards to Nvidia, i went from 4850x2 to the gtx570 and all my issues got resolved, no mroe crashes, lag, tearing etc.

the 4850x2 is equivalent to the 4890, so i would strongly advise you to go either gtx570 or pay the extra couple dollars and go to gtx580.

nvidia drivers are heaps more revised than the amd drivers. not being a fanboy or nothing, but def helps. and some games are utilising the physx and cuda engines on Nvidia cards.

your cpu or ram wont bottleneck you gfx either.

there is a massive difference from the ati/amd cards to Nvidia, i went from 4850x2 to the gtx570 and all my issues got resolved, no mroe crashes, lag, tearing etc.

the 4850x2 is equivalent to the 4890, so i would strongly advise you to go either gtx570 or pay the extra couple dollars and go to gtx580.

nvidia drivers are heaps more revised than the amd drivers. not being a fanboy or nothing, but def helps. and some games are utilising the physx and cuda engines on Nvidia cards.

your cpu or ram wont bottleneck you gfx either.

Sorry but the comment about drivers just isn't true anymore.. NVIDIA drivers are better, sure, but AMD drivers are fine.

AMD offers better bang for buck IMO, hard to go past the performance of a 6950 for ~$280.

Also Landscribble, you will notice heaps of difference if you upgrade your GPU. BF3 isn't very processor intensive.

Even with my E8400 and HD5850 it's playing reasonably well. The CPU though struggles in some area's and the game will lag a bit. But given it's over 4 years old now I'm pretty impressed with that and pretty certain it's not the card letting the set-up down - might try over-clock it a little just to be certain however

Have had no major issues with crashes, more issues are with the online servers than anything else.

Graphics are amazing, the sound running through my amp'd headphones/sound card is phenominal - happy camper here!

sorry, but from experience, Nvidia has always been more reliable with their drivers. ive owned AMD my entire life and the gtx is the first Nvidia card i went to and ive never had a single problem.

sure the 4890 might be old now, but its still a reasonable GFX card, as soon as you upgrade Dx11 will be standard on every GFX card.

AMD is good, and will always be best bang for buck,.

One of my favorite games is Just Cause 2 and Nvidia absoloutely raped AMD cards in that because of the architecture used in the game engine was built for nvidia plus all the extra GFX content i got to unlock using a NVIDIA card

i remember when i was tossing up between the 6950 and gtx570, the 6950 was about 30-40% slower in most games. it took AMD a month or so to make proper drivers for their card.

but you can get a 6950 1gb for the $230 brand new and a brand new gtx570 will set you back around $300-330.

looking at reviews now, the 6950 has improved dramatically and is close to on par with the GTX570, so put your money on the 6950.

Edited by Bronx

sorry, but from experience, Nvidia has always been more reliable with their drivers. ive owned AMD my entire life and the gtx is the first Nvidia card i went to and ive never had a single problem.

sure the 4890 might be old now, but its still a reasonable GFX card, as soon as you upgrade Dx11 will be standard on every GFX card.

AMD is good, and will always be best bang for buck,.

One of my favorite games is Just Cause 2 and Nvidia absoloutely raped AMD cards in that because of the architecture used in the game engine was built for nvidia plus all the extra GFX content i got to unlock using a NVIDIA card

i remember when i was tossing up between the 6950 and gtx570, the 6950 was about 30-40% slower in most games. it took AMD a month or so to make proper drivers for their card.

but you can get a 6950 1gb for the $230 brand new and a brand new gtx570 will set you back around $300-330.

looking at reviews now, the 6950 has improved dramatically and is close to on par with the GTX570, so put your money on the 6950.

So you're basing your experience off one card, with one driver revision.

Seems legit.