SAU Community

Grand Theft Auto V

oweban

its not enough! lol

the game encourages you to keep unique cars from missions because its the only time you get them, but then you want your own cars as well...

I hear ya!

So I only collect the best ones or the ones I think suite the character the best.

What cars you got for each character?

yeah but buying them takes up space... i bought a mountain bike and a scooter and garage was half full. shiiieet.

i modded all the characters regular vehicles. its f**king funny, fluro green, salmon pink and orange car in a parking lot. Everyone covered in layers of tattoos, wearing tank tops and shorts, shaved heads and full beards. Cutscenes were funny with Michael supposed to be dressed nicely but looks like a hobo.

I love the Sandking XL (next to pier where the jetskis are). its a monster.

yeah but buying them takes up space... i bought a mountain bike and a scooter and garage was half full. shiiieet.

i modded all the characters regular vehicles. its f**king funny, fluro green, salmon pink and orange car in a parking lot. Everyone covered in layers of tattoos, wearing tank tops and shorts, shaved heads and full beards. Cutscenes were funny with Michael supposed to be dressed nicely but looks like a hobo.

I love the Sandking XL (next to pier where the jetskis are). its a monster.

LOL!

I too modded their regular cars and put all the best mods on.

The Sandking XL is badass! I got that car for Trevor.

zuu5.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Anyone picked it up for next gen? I must say it does look good.

The modding capabilities and online benefits for PC make this a must-have for me. Also looking forward to all car/weapons DLC and extra tunes (cause it needed it)

I also have a feeling that it may be released with Oculus rift support (which would be trippy and scary as fark)

I played HL2 on the latest oculus and almost crapped my daks

I'm tossing up wether or not to buy it. I don't really have time to play formula 1 or new COD so don't see myself getting time to play GTA as well.

Looks great but, maybe after I am finished with COD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^^^ Played it at a mated house on the weekend.

I owned it on PS3 and just unsure whether i want to commit to PS4 and play through it again.

The FPS view was pretty awesome, shooting game play is improved a lot and they have done a good job with car interior etc. Just ended up drinking beer and going on rampages lol. Great for a group of mates. Just think I would get too bored reliving the campaign again.

My mate never played it on PS3 and thought it was the best game ever (rightly so lol)

If you have played it on PS3 I don't think there are enough new features to warrant buying again.

Ps4 version is not too bad. Couple of little extras and been long enough since ive played through single player (making different decisions too) so not bad at all

Going to see if online heists work one of these days. Supposed to be all good now but havent figured it out in the 10mins I played online for lol

• 2 months later...

Thread revival. Anyone still play online? Heists are cool but I spend more time in lobbys waiting for a full team or getting kicked out of jobs because someone leaves etc. Bit frustrating. Would be good to have a couple of people to do heists with that we know would be there and see the thing out

• 2 weeks later...

I want to get PC.... But don't think its worth the initial price tag, and watching a 4 player heist online just reminded me how boring combat can be. Though no auto aim would make it much more fun.

Glad I didn't pre-purchase on steam, 65gb download

• 3 weeks later...

picked up a retail version. bit peeved it doesnt use steam... but saved myself a couple of days not downloading 65gb.

but i have to give credit to rockstar, they seem to have learnt a few lessons from the GTA 4 release on PC. social club is functional and minimal, game performance in great, solid options for graphics, they seemed to have re-hashed the controls and made use of the additional keyboard buttons/interface.

graphics are really really impressive. an open world has never looked this good.

there are problems, and most are to do with the game itself, rather than the port. for example, the default action for anything is to load your offline game. the benchmark test is rooted if you havent finished the first mission lol https://youtu.be/opDL4hLUhIA?t=1m30s

online is the same as consoles... something fails to load or you get booted, straight to free mode or offline mode. no menus, no options for what to do next. very frustrating.

also frustrating, left the PS3 update for a few hours to make sure my online character save properly, then had to re-install windows media player, then PC took ages to install all 7 DVDs, then rock social updates, then 2 hours to download +5gb game updates...

ill probably play for a few more hours enjoying the scenery and the details (oh god, so many details) then will start using mods and trainers and actually have some fun.

• 3 months later...

when I log into the Rockstar Social (press Home during the main menu) and it still says im associated with the SAU crew. so i dont think its console specific. might need the head of the crew for approval when joining though.