SAU Community

Fabrication Supplies

Dan_J

i cant seem to find a thread listing places that are good so where does every one get their mild, stainless , alloy etc pipes from?

something like:

company name

contact details

address

what do they stock( pipe , sheet etc )

see if we can get the 1st post edited by a mod and group them by state

also where can i get a mild steel donut's?

Edited by Dan_J

great useful links guys :thumbsup:

ebay link is good, i only found their sister store kj trucks before hand

sent off a quote request for spareco and good to know their in VIC :)

keep the details coming, chat minimal and we may get a sticky to help the others out :cheers:

Depends how much of the raw material your looking to buy as to the best place to buy it.

For the DIY person you need to find a fabrication shop and buy their off cuts, then ask if they can buy in things like dounuts and longer tube lengths for you.

I do it for heaps of people who do minor stuff themselves.

The back of my guillotine is overflowing with decent sized off cuts that people drop in and pilfer scoring themselves a bargain.

The price you'd pay retail for a 1000x1000mm sheet of 3mm alloy I can buy 2 sheets of 2400x1200 so i let small sections go for bugger all.

There is also JNT performance in Wollongong. Steve is great to deal with and I know alot of fabricators who buy spun alloy products from him.

Also does dounuts, AN fittings and short sections of tube.

I pilfer the shops like what Risking mentioned. I go to a place called marindi fabrication, local stainless fabricator, is awesome to deal with and sometimes throws in pieces for next to nothing

It's the cheapest way when you only need a small section of sheet or tube etc.

I always get guys bringing in cardboard templates. They find some offcut ( which always has PVC covering so it's not scratched or anything) that is big enough for what they want and away they go.

Same for tube.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone recommend a shop in Melbourne to pick up some off cuts of stainless tube? Even mild steel. Also some plate/bar.. just some odds and ends really.

Cheers.

Check your local fab workshop or even a balustrading fabricator; they always have offcuts.

Offer them a sixpack of their favourite beverage; you'd be surprised.

I don't live in Melbourne yet (moving there soon) so don't have any idea about Fabrication shops down there really. I had some work done by Jake at JDI Fabrication in Bayswater, but he didn't seem to have much in the way of offcuts/scrap hanging around unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I live in Wollongong so jnt is nice and close

as for other alloy stuff like sheets angles thick wall pipe ect i go to another local place called allyman they have piles of off cuts that you pay next to nothing for I always end up getting heaps more then I need