SAU Community

Fabrication Supplies

Dan_J

What sort of stainless tube do you guys use for exhausts generally, 304? To the fabricators in QLD, what sort of prices do you pay for 76mm and 63mm exhaust tube (per metre or length)

Most exhaust shops will use 409.

But I would be inclined like yourself to use 304. I use these guys for all my ss tubing and bends. Very good quality products and the finish is perfect!

www.stirlingsaustralia.com.au/application/contact/queensland.html

Spewing your not in WA, otherwise I could supply the tube/bends for you no problem...No doubt at a much cheaper rate then the general public can get.

Edited by shaunus

Not sure what the big time fabricators here are getting their Argon for but BOC wanted $160 for the fill on an E size bottle and $13.90/month rental, just Called Star Gas and they deliver for free and charge $55 for an E size bottle and $12.50/month rental. Any other QLD peeps out there with good prices on stainless tube?

You need to check how much gas is actually in the bottle I'm paying $170 for 10.5m3 boc was only 8.4m3 and I pay $18 rent per month but if I get someone else to sign up I get free rental for a year I'm with supagas and I get free pickup delivery

You need to check how much gas is actually in the bottle I'm paying $170 for 10.5m3 boc was only 8.4m3 and I pay $18 rent per month but if I get someone else to sign up I get free rental for a year I'm with supagas and I get free pickup delivery

I got Supergas down to $125 for the 10.5m3, you need to speak with the sales manager, you can't haggle over the counter.

Another gas wholesaler just offered me large bottles for $80 but I am yet to determine if I will be better off. The Supergas bottles have much higher pressure in them from my experience...

• 2 weeks later...
Most exhaust shops will use 409.

But I would be inclined like yourself to use 304. I use these guys for all my ss tubing and bends. Very good quality products and the finish is perfect!

www.stirlingsaustralia.com.au/application/contact/queensland.html

Spewing your not in WA, otherwise I could supply the tube/bends for you no problem...No doubt at a much cheaper rate then the general public can get.

Hey bud I'm in w.a I'm after sone stainless tubing if u could msg me on 0497075260 cheers

Anyone know where I can get some 3mm thick flat acrylic sheet from? Prefer local in Perth, but will do online if it's cheaper. Masters and Bunnings have similar stuff, but they are very expensive.

Need it for composite tooling, so can also use polypropylene or similar. Just something that is plastic, relatively thin (2-4mm), and shapes easily using a heat gun.

sign shops, they have offcut bins as well, some even have instore bargin bins with all sorts of sizes and thicknesses of perspex and acylics...

heaps cheaper than anyway else

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

does anyone have links and contacts for aluminium in Victoria, mainly for straight pipe/tube however full industrial retailers that do sheet, plate etc would be useful too

Edited by Dan_J