Hey guys,

I just put on order a whole bunch of goodies for my 34:

Garrett GTX3076R

Z32 AFM

Bosch 040 Fuel pump

Return Flow FMIC

Soon to come

Nistune board

Insert suggested injectors here (Sard 600?)

Im going to do the install myself with the help of a mate and Im trying to find if anyone has done a 3076 low mount with the return flow intercooler, Just looking for some pics so I can get an idea of what I'll need to do as far as the piping goes. The car is a daily so Its probably going to be a bit of a mission to get it done but Im sure it'll be worth it.

Cheers

S

What size rear housing is the turbo? Internal or external gate? If your using the stock manifold, you'll need a 10mm steel spacer, to space the turbo of the manifold as it will foul.

Whats the car to be used for? Street driving?

Your power goal and the fuel it runs on will determine your injector sizes as a rough guide. At the power your making, you dont want to push the injector duty cycle past 80%.

Awesome info kitto it's a .82 housing internally gated I had heard about the spacer but wasn't sure. The dealer I bought it from is looking into that for me. I'm aiming at 320 kw in the future but not right away. main use is street driving occasionally spirited and I want to start doing some track days for a bit of fun

Ah ok, from what i have personally seen and been in. The .82 rear housing tends to be a bit laggy on an RB25. Especially if your not using an EBC.

However, the first RB25 was using a GT3076 not a GTX. This doesn't make a lot of difference at all, but just a slight amount. This engine was a non NEO engine aswell using BP98 making .347 Hub kW.

The second RB25 is a NEO engine, on E85, .63 rear housed GTX3076R making 368kW on the same hub dyno. Its Simon Michelmore's S14. He's had awesome results with the GTX3076R with a .63 rear housing

Both engines were also using steam pipe high mount manifolds which do make a difference.

Running lower boost pressure may cause the boost pressure to spike as the internal waste gate can't get rid of the large amounts of exhaust gas at lower boost levels.

It will do 320kW easily. What fuel are you going to use? E85 or BP98? This will choose your injector size.

NIStune - I like it!

i wouldnt count on making 320rwkw with an internal gate turbo on the stock manifold on 98. sure it happens, but most people fall well short. realistically you'll be limited to around 260-300rwkw depending on various factors. the standard manifold also makes the gtx3076 overkill compressor wise, better off with a standard gt3076.

as for injectors if you can find a set of nismos for sale at a decent price go for them. otherwise theres a few other bolt in options, plenty of info on here if you do a search.

as for bolting it onto the stock manifold, you'll need a 10mm spacer as said, along with longer studs, nuts and washers, custom dump, oil and water lines, cooler pipe mods and a custom intake pipe.

You actually need a 20mm spacer for the 3076's. The 3071's only need a 10mm spacer.

i wouldnt count on making 320rwkw with an internal gate turbo on the stock manifold on 98. sure it happens, but most people fall well short. realistically you'll be limited to around 260-300rwkw depending on various factors. the standard manifold also makes the gtx3076 overkill compressor wise, better off with a standard gt3076.

as for injectors if you can find a set of nismos for sale at a decent price go for them. otherwise theres a few other bolt in options, plenty of info on here if you do a search.

as for bolting it onto the stock manifold, you'll need a 10mm spacer as said, along with longer studs, nuts and washers, custom dump, oil and water lines, cooler pipe mods and a custom intake pipe.

No you dont.

You need a 10mm spacer and extended studs.

I have a 3076 .82 on my RB25, with a Blttz Return flow. the turbine outlet pipe needs to be extended about 220mm.

Heres a pic of my stock pipes modded to suit. (top pipe, you can see the extension welded on.

IMG00610-20110802-1710-1.jpg

DSCF0964.jpg

If you trim about 40mm off the stock manifold heat shield you can get that to slot back on too.

DSCF0962-1.jpg

And dont listen to anyone that says a .82 is laggy on an RB25. They dont know what they are talking about. You will love it to bits. Enjoy :)

Edited by gotRICE?

Im running the GTX3071 with .82 rear housing .60 front in second gear at 4000rpm the lil 25 really starts to boogey all the way up to 7500rpm i was worried bout the lag just like you were mate and i have no regrets bout the .82 its a great street setup its not hugely laggy but pulls like a freight train! :)

Still waiting to get some more info for you Lith but the head gasket leaked into number 5 on Friday while on the dyno. It will be another 4-5 weeks until I get it back on there. They were well into tuning by then so there could be some preliminary results to overlay with Mick_o's car when he gets back to the tuner.

Ill be running 98PULP, maybe avgas, shouldn't be too difficult for me to get. I will be getting an EBC (like the look of the AVC-R) down the track but might go with a boost tee or similar in the interim. Damn lack of funding!!

JonnoHR31, Is that a custom suction pipe or can you buy them or something similar?

Im actually not 100% sure lith but im pretty sure 21psi in 3rd gear is around 3500-3700 max and 4th gear is unknown mate my car is supposed to be hitting the rollers thursday so keep ya eyes peeled in my GTX3071 thread mate to check out my dyno sheet. Wolverine actually drove my car the other day and was of the opinion there was a little more to be had down low. So fingers crossed hes right

When do you get full boost in higher gears? I've been really interested in the difference in overall performance between a GTX3071R and a GT3076R :)

heres what i used for the piping mate :thumbsup: .'-

Suction line/air filter line

4'' - 3'' silicone reducer

3'' 90 degree elbow

3" 45 degree silicone bend

TURBO OUTLET LINE

A 2.5"-2" reduced silicone 90 degree bend

2 x 2.5" 45 degree bends

Thats pretty much all i used as well as a short piece of 1" pipe for my blow off valve plumback line and a piece of 3/4" for the rocker cover breather line :whistling:

Garrett GTX3076R

Z32 AFM

Bosch 040 Fuel pump

Return Flow FMIC

Soon to come

Nistune board

Insert suggested injectors here (Sard 600?)

Im going to do the install myself with the help of a mate and Im trying to find if anyone has done a 3076 low mount with the return flow intercooler, Just looking for some pics so I can get an idea of what I'll need to do as far as the piping goes. The car is a daily so Its probably going to be a bit of a mission to get it done but Im sure it'll be worth it.

Cheers

S