SAU Community

Air Bag Light Flashing

GeNOS

Wow ggs - I rang Steve Jarvin Nissan myself and they confirmed exactly what Revolution said. 198+gst

Thanks Scotty but I might stick with a new one. If original lasted 9 years - no point gambling on another similar age. I was already paranoid of the 2nd hand buckle that I replugged the wiring of the original(broken clip) & reset, as well as pulling out the seat and checking all the plugs.

I really think this issue is related to our bad roads- really bumpy, and maybe thats just worked the tension free a bit in my case through some high speed stuff that or a faulty one or both :)

Wow ggs - I rang Steve Jarvin Nissan myself and they confirmed exactly what Revolution said. 198+gst

Thanks Scotty but I might stick with a new one. If original lasted 9 years - no point gambling on another similar age. I was already paranoid of the 2nd hand buckle that I replugged the wiring of the original(broken clip) & reset, as well as pulling out the seat and checking all the plugs.

I really think this issue is related to our bad roads- really bumpy, and maybe thats just worked the tension free a bit in my case through some high speed stuff that or a faulty one or both :)

Fair enough. Things will get very costly replacing all your broken/worn parts with new ones. Perhaps it's time to ditch the car for a current model, just because it's old now...

Gambling on S/H parts... Anyway, if you want new you don't pay Nissan retail, get on to Amayama.

All I have to do is get a job before I start dreaming of a new one & whilst I like them- they dont appeal like the v35...Im certainly not sentimental at all about replacing if/when more faults start cropping up. My R33 was about 10 years when little things started failing so guess this is getting there

• 1 month later...

Mine started flashing on my way home from dinner tonight =(. Tried to reset it with the two methods above and it has now stopped flashing but still gives me a warning light when I turn on the ignition on but goes away after 10seconds or so. Will get it looked at in 500k's when it goes in for its 90,000km service.

Hi Lee, its exactly 7 seconds and hopefully it stays away for you too. When doing the resets you can actually hear the "clock". In the off position its every two seconds. I guess thats why you turn on after 4 on reset. Goodluck

now stopped flashing but still gives me a warning light when I turn on the ignition on but goes away after 10seconds or so. Will get it looked at in 500k's when it goes in for its 90,000km service.

Isn't it supposed to do that? mine always has.. the airbag light stays on after starting the car until it has comleted all system checks.

Yes but it stays on about 5-10 seconds longer then the other warning lights which it never used to before.

Still driving the car today and it hasn't started flashing again so seems to have done the trick (touch wood) but none the less I will get it checked next service which should be next month.

Sorry to hear. In my previous post . I actually typed "electrical things never go away until fixed".But deleted it because I didnt want to be the bearer of bad news so I deleted it..In my previous posts above you can see it did exactly the same.oh well at least you know for sure now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Noooo just as I put my V35 on the market I get into my car this morning and the bloody airbag light starts flashing :(

Gold Coast Nissan don't touch imports apparently and I can't find other mechanics who have the system to clear the warning grrr

Sorry to hear it. Try the manual reset mentioned above that will clear it but most likely these things return.. Just an idea but maybe one of the compliers up their will have a scanner that can identify the problem if it returns.good luck

yeah was in a bit of a rush this morning when I tried to clear it using the steps mentioned and didn't work but just tried this afternoon and it cleared it by turning it on and off 4 times phew :cheers:

Now hopefully it wont come back before I sell it eek! Moving overseas and it has been an outstanding car since I've owned it and don't need the hassle of trying to get it fixed.

Edited by D2K77

SRS is very annoying when it has problems. Can be anything.

Take a read at

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2003/srs.pdf

For my car the seat belts were tampered so the indicator kept coming back whenever I pull the belt hard - but as the article said, a flashing indicator can be anything, clock springs, sensors, modules, belts.

• 2 months later...

My 03 coupe started to do this about 8 months ago. I don't recall what error code it was throwing up (something about a faulty sensor?) but my mechanic went through the whole system and couldn't find anything wrong. They also did the reset procedure and the light came back on after about a day.

I did the ECU reset procedure and it hasn't come back on since!

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I know some had mentioned they hadn't see the anti-submarine rams, I had my drivers seat out yesterday to fix and intermittant connector and thought I would take some pictures. It is fairly tucked up inside the seat, but you can see a bit of it.

All photos were taken with the seat lying on its back, so the top of the picture is the front edge of the seat.

post-84647-0-24828200-1449996204_thumb.jpg

post-84647-0-36343500-1449996311_thumb.jpg

post-84647-0-49503500-1449996350_thumb.jpg