SAU Community

R34 - Gt3076 - Auto - Nistune

Any real blockers or issues you see with this set-up. ie: is this a good idea?

2001 Series2, R34 GTT Neo, Auto trans with stally/torque converter, GT3076 .82 rear housing, internally gated with a Nistune ?

Thinking 300rwkws and longevity.

Thoughts/comments on the good, bad and ugly of doing this.

Thanks Jez. That was my main concern.

I was really concerend wether the NIStune and the Auto Transmission would work together.

I didn't know the Transmission had it's own ECU, so thanks for that info. Theoretically then it should all be good.

I'd hate to get it all together and then have issues.

Has anyone done this and whats your experience ?

The auto shift logic is apart of the engine ECU and it all works 100% fine after getting Nistune installed. My S2 Stagea uses the same RB25 NEO motor and basically the same gearbox, except mine has the 4WD transfer case. I have mine Nistuned, GT3582, 600cc injectors, Z32 MAF, yada yada yada.... and the auto still works perfectly fine.

the only thing i will warn you about is, after i first threw all the mods on the car i only ran a low boost 240kw tune until i sorted out a couple of issues. after about a month of this the auto was slipping like mad and taking ages to shift into the next gear, 1st to 2nd was the worst, and this was on the low boost tune! i took it into an auto workshop where they upgraded the valve body (shftkit) and tighten the bands and stuff like that. after that it was all ok and its still going good after nearly 3 years. So if you haven't given your auto any love yet i'd be expecting to with the extra power you want to make.

didn't the R34's come with an auto cooler? the stagea comes with a descent sized one in the front bar from factory, S2's only though.

The Transmission I bought to go in was rebuilt by MV, cost around $4k and had 2 months use prior to me buying it, so I'm hoping it's all goodness....

Unfortunately the fella who got the work done on the transmission wrote his car off shortly afterwards.

(and I got a GREAT deal) ;)

So this is what I have collected

- Z32 AFM

- A proper garret spec GT3076r kit from GCG with the .82a/r housing and 4inch surge slotted inlet

- Blitz SpecR dual solenoid boost controller, wiring and display

- Bosch 73LB(~750cc) EV14 injectors

- Full turbo back 3" exhaust system with a Kakimoto Regu 06&r Catback

- A tuned Nistune ECU (by Trent at Status/Chequered Tuning, 304rwkw) Came with all this kit.

- Nismo fuel pump.

- FMIC (fitted).

- Auto trans with stally/torque converter (MV built)

What else is needed besides time/effort and gaskets?

^ what he said, plus 10mm longer manifold studs too, they are 1.25 pitch long bit and 1.5 pitch short bit. And up the trans cooler size as mentioned by simon.

Do you have a line kit for the turbo? It will simplify things a lot.

90 degree 2-2.5 inch silicone bend for the compressor outlet and, depending on how you want to do the intake (3 inch or 4 inch) a 3-4 reducer and either an 80mm or 100mm straight joiner.

The spanner work to install it is pretty basic, mod the hot pipe by extending it about 100mm with a bit of straight 2.5 inch pipe, intake pipe, dump is the most time consuming if you do it yourself.

Edited by badhairdave

Any real blockers or issues you see with this set-up. ie: is this a good idea?

2001 Series2, R34 GTT Neo, Auto trans with stally/torque converter, GT3076 .82 rear housing, internally gated with a Nistune ?

Thinking 300rwkws and longevity.

Thoughts/comments on the good, bad and ugly of doing this.

piece of piss, got a few auto R34's around 270-320rwkw.... the auto starts to play up around the 300rwkw mark too so be aware. Last one we sent over to MV auto in SA and got a 3k stall aswell.

So this is what I have collected

- Z32 AFM

- A proper garret spec GT3076r kit from GCG with the .82a/r housing and 4inch surge slotted inlet

- Blitz SpecR dual solenoid boost controller, wiring and display

- Bosch 73LB(~750cc) EV14 injectors

- Full turbo back 3" exhaust system with a Kakimoto Regu 06&r Catback

- A tuned Nistune ECU (by Trent at Status/Chequered Tuning, 304rwkw) Came with all this kit.

- Nismo fuel pump.

- FMIC (fitted).

- Auto trans with stally/torque converter (MV built)

What else is needed besides time/effort and gaskets?

OOh snap, was micheal ok?

PS mental setup, would have made a killer auto driftcar the auto and tiptronic was that good.

Make sure you get someone to retune it for your car, dont trust another cars tune in yours.

i was gonna ask how does the stock r33 auto hold up?

im making 350kw at 26psi thru gt35 .82 on rb25det

manual is rooted, wouldnt mind throwing auto in hey.

They rate them for 350rwkw(MV R34 built box) , Bear in mind a auto will knock you down 20rwkw and then a converter will knock it down another 10 -20rwkw, although up to 3500, they retain lockup still

I woudn't bother with any electronic trans with a 3540 setup though..asking for trouble..... except for the a RE4013A out of the 300zx.

cheers\

darren

piece of piss, got a few auto R34's around 270-320rwkw.... the auto starts to play up around the 300rwkw mark too so be aware. Last one we sent over to MV auto in SA and got a 3k stall aswell.

What are the turbo setup/s and how much boost do you run in the cars you've made 320rwkw from trent?

cheers

darren

OOh snap, was micheal ok?

PS mental setup, would have made a killer auto driftcar the auto and tiptronic was that good.

Make sure you get someone to retune it for your car, dont trust another cars tune in yours.

Yeah Trent both donor car owners are ok but Both skylines were sold off in parts.

All of the kit except the built auto trans was off one car. I think he got about 4-5000kms of use.

The other vehicle sub 2000kms with the transimission.

I'll check out where your shops at and book some time when I'm ready.

Cheers.