SAU Community

Swap Rb25De With Rb25Det

brat81

there is so much to upgrade on an NA to make it turbo...

if you are going to do it PROPERLY...

you can do the dodgey thing, upgrade nothing slap a turbo on it etc... and end up with a confused car that doesnt perform anywhere near the effort put into it....

sell NA buy turbo car, save time and money, not one spanner needed... done

Edited by 75coupe

Your spending money for no gain 3 grand will get you over 220 kw in a proper turbo car rather then spending that putting a stock turbo engine in your car they come out turbo and na for a reason

Swap block out for a second hand good cond 33 gtst det block - your choice to rebuild here if you want. (u may even be able to reuse ur old block if its got oil squirters for the pistons. If so just whack in det piston and rods, new bearings and headgasket and ur set.)

You will need the complete det turbo and intake setup - turbo plus oil and water lines, exh manifold, dump n front pipes, intake pipe, air filter or airbox, fmic interooler kit, manaul bleed valve.

Whack in a 33 gtst ecu or go pfc (again your option depends on budget)

The difference in the de cams will give you abit of gains compared to det cams.

Since youve got 50% more power, ur gonna need tp address.brakes so gtst brake setup and 5 stud conversion os on the cards.

You will also need to put the power down so a gtst viscous lsd will be needed.

Unless ur car was purchased fpr dirt cheap like 4k then itll be worth it to do the above, otherwise just sell and get an.original gtst as they are cheap these days.

Judging by the post he made last, it looks like a transplant more than a conversion.

Still shit. You've got an NA registered R33 with a turbo motor. Technically, its a huge defect. You will also need to change the brakes all round as the non turbo uses smaller brakes, another $500 to source brakes.

Maybe i'll explain in a much more simpler english since know one seems to understand what i'm saying.

I will swap the RB25DE engine out and replace with a COMPLETE WITH TURBO,LOOM AND ECU RB25DET all i would need to get it going from the start would be intercooler and exhaust. would i not ?

Brakes will hold up, gearbox should hold up for now.

Will be installed by a mechanic so a eng cert will come along with it and car will be re-registered with vicroads with new engine number and whatever else

Make sense now ?

Now what complications will i come across ?

Edited by brat81

Maybe i'll explain in a much more simpler english since know one seems to understand what i'm saying.

I will swap the RB25DE engine out and replace with a COMPLETE WITH TURBO,LOOM AND ECU RB25DET all i would need to get it going from the start would be intercooler and exhaust. would i not ?

Will be installed by a mechanic so a eng cert will come along with it and car will be re-registered with vicroads with new engine number and whatever else

Make sense now ?

it wont be eng cert without turbo brakes

Having done this myself...

Endless. Do as the others are advising and sell it.

Unless you have already upgraded the brakes/suspension/drivetrain etc, and you will be making more of a loss by selling the car and buying a factory turbo model then you really shouldn't be thinking about doing this.

no the brakes wont be fine...

no the diff wont be fine...

then you'll probably find the suspension will be sloppy so there's another upgrade needed...

so not worth it... buy a turbo model