SAU Community

Dr30 Build

• 2 weeks later...

^ haha will post something up soon dude,

so bit the bullet and upgraded my coilovers, first time ive ever had brand new coil overs, should be good

ended up getting CS2s with 9kg fronts 7kg rear. pretty easy fit, just needed to redrill the rear strut tower to two bolt. cheers to brae for his wisdom and help!

n7tjd.jpg

2bnmkp.jpg

fronts had been leaking for ages and where only tein HAs

4rx2di.jpg

^ one of the main reasons i go these was because of the extra castor adjustment u can get, still need more thou so will look into modifying these in the future

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^ haha no worries, yea i miss the fj :( i have ideas of going back to one, you never know.....

rbffpu.jpg

Brae was nice enough to mod my LCAs 25mm, so 50mm total more track, should be good, fitting up new balljoints and bushs today

thanks mate

244y593.jpg

2cosen5.jpg

123wf9g.jpg

also did the hit and run waki day couple weeks ago, second time at waki, pretty cool lil track

this is what ive been playing around with recently, basically wanted to get rid of the castor bushs and go a rose joint, theres a few kits ive seen but i still think they have to much going on, wanted to keep it simple, so to follow the trend of silvia front end, ive gone to modified s14 castor arms, boxed and modded dr30 castor brakets to suit

34ngtxz.jpg

boxed and brace welded in

opuydx.jpg

brae worked his majic and extended these by 75mm, will look into making up a one peice section next year when im sure the lenghts are spot on

313ltlk.jpg

dummy fit in car

214oacl.jpg

hole saw out original castor bush mounts re drill to suit rose joint,

5vrds3.jpg

i wanted the rose joint to bolt up here as its the strongest part of the castor braket

11jouux.jpg

boxed up

2q2l207.jpg

also got these offset rack mounts, hopefully theyl work...

love this build, its DR30 and drift what more could you want

now with the new castor rod set up you'll be setting up the camber tops to be camber adjustable only i figure

also give us an update on how the powered by max offset rack mount bushes go and if it reduces bind for the 6mm of location change

• 3 weeks later...

33tjz8h.jpg

figured out the lenghts needed, Brae worked his majic again, and made up a one piece section, since we used GKtech castor arms and then modified them, we thought it would be good to appropiately name them "GF Tech" ;)

cheers again brae for all your help!

35812xl.jpg

fitted up a s14 rack, you can kind off make out the difference in thickness, on the left hand side tube, fitted up pretty easy, just needed to use the s14 low pressure fitting, and bend high pressure fitting abit to suit, im hoping because the s14 rack doesnt have the speed sensor in it, maybe my steering will be better...

ive also fitted up the psm rack mounts, so far so good

33ab94y.jpg

also needed these, with the extended lcas, tie rods ran out off thread ... these are said to give u 25mm extra tie rod length and 19mm more rack travel..

drifting next weekend, hopefully car goes well