SAU Community

Dr30 Build

cheers dude, so happy !

yea na i got these from otomoto they are "restored" ke30 flares, tried the zg but they where way to big and had no chance of fitting on the car the way i wanted it to look/function

couple of pics from the adgp straya day drift festival,

i had a major set back when i went for a alignment on the friday, which saw me brae and gav working on the car till 3 am the morning of the event, if it wasnt for those two guys i wouldnt of made it. thanks guys !

ill go into that later, heres a couple of pics from the day,

v3zuhf.jpg

344za4k.jpg

167371j.jpg

15364b4.jpg

ok so heres was my set back...

wu54jr.jpg

From putting my car on the trailer to the wheel aligners the alloy piece of the castor arm had started to bend, basically to dangerous to risk driving the car on. we put this in the vice to check strength and literaly pushed on it by hand and "snap"

dont get me wrong im not bagging GKtech. im a big fan of there stuff, i shouldnt have modified there gear and played around w alloy suspension pieces to start with. just a little upsetting.

bg2p0h.jpg

i was soo lucky that juzzo had a old set off s14 castor arms (metal) and Gav from garage 48 was nice enough to work his magic into the early morning along w brae, coming up w these lenghtnd and much stronger version of castor arms, did a rough allignment, got 3 hours sleep and went drifting ... once again massive thanks to these dudes, without them i would have been nowhere

ae9q84.jpg

also my flares didnt last to long... took out a tyre stack :(

had so much fun on saturday, i couldnt be happier! there are some more drifting photos ill put up shortly

• 4 weeks later...

not much of an update, but finally forked out for a trailer. big burn but had to be done. car jut fits!

11kkswy.jpg

2ecf7uh.jpg

also got these, the other spacers where amazing but i got allot of bind and wheel shake, so hopefully these sort it out for now, if they work i will be moving rack forward and using the garage 7 spacers again.

drifting tomorrow hopefully all goes well

massive drift hangover,

clutch is starting to slip in 4th, limo needs to be re- done, and rack has popped its seals..

cars being parked for awhile. along while ...

on the plus side i had fun and wheel shake has gone but im still getting bind...

anyway here a couple of pics from yesterday,

2im9bvp.jpg

i miss my flare :(

2yvrsr6.jpg

epoku8.jpg

• 2 months later...

soo been trying to motivate myself since last outing, havent really touched it, sold turbo setup,

33nci1g.jpg

awsome

got motivated to pull the covers off and paint them properly hopefully when they done ill be even more motivated to fix all the problem,s with it,

5fnqcl.jpg

1zb7y8m.jpg this took me hours to get to this, was really fun,

found some motivation, getting shit done...

34gu45w.jpg

im still not sold on color,maybe im just not used to it looking all shiny anyway now i need to paint some more pieces and go braided rocker covers to make it all work...

also it made sense yo fit up mines baffles while it was all off

300vgc0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...