SAU Community

Fs: Cruise Controls For M35 & V35 - Diy Install

Commsman

Hi everyone

I have a limited number of cruise control systems for sale. They come with the factory switches for your steering wheel & these have LEDs so you can see what the button function is in the dark.

It will take a couple of hours to install & the details are documented. You only need to connect 4 wires (12V, brake x 2 & speed sensor) to get it working, plus the dash light input (from cig lighter) if you want the switches to light up.

You also get the stalk control which you use to program the unit to work on the factory controls & you can even configure it for various levels of responsiveness (tip - leave in factory settings to start with).

The audio controls come in the same harness so if you have the factory sound system then it will just work.

Cost is $490 delivered for the whole kit - an absolute bargain since these ones are typically $900 installed without the steering wheel switches.

PM me for more details.

Cheers, Leon.

post-76144-0-53643400-1322356065_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Nick. Leon supplies the stalk too (which you need temporarily to program it). I think there's someone over in the other forums who has fitted the stalk because they had a Momo wheel.

This should also make it cheaper because you won't need the OEM buttons.

Hope that helps!

Hi Nick, what was said above is entirely true.

However, I assumed that most people would want the steering wheel controls so ordered only one less set of controls than I had units to sell. Murphy's Law dictated that the first person to buy one had the Momo wheel & hence didn't require the Nissan controls. That means that I need to include the wheel switches with every cruise control or else I will be left with spares.

So I'd rather not sell the CC without the switches at this stage. There's enough interest by the looks of it to have them spoken for by early in the new year.

It would seem that my PNM35 has the same cruise control... or at least the same stick to control it.

It's a popular cruise control, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was fited a/m to your car. Maybe you could integrate Nick's factory buttons to yours, lol.

Hi Nick, what was said above is entirely true.

However, I assumed that most people would want the steering wheel controls so ordered only one less set of controls than I had units to sell. Murphy's Law dictated that the first person to buy one had the Momo wheel & hence didn't require the Nissan controls. That means that I need to include the wheel switches with every cruise control or else I will be left with spares.

So I'd rather not sell the CC without the switches at this stage. There's enough interest by the looks of it to have them spoken for by early in the new year.

Hi Leon,

So how do I get a set?

Nick

Thanks Leon,

Arrived in the post today... Hope to get it fitted over the weekend...

Anyone know someone looking for a set of audio or cruise steering wheel controls... :thumbsup:

Yes. If you can wait until receive mine, I'll also swap the fascia so you done have to cut (and mine won't have the hole)... if you want... and Jules pulls out.

installed cruise control on this Christmas holiday. Awesome. but, I prefer to use stalk control rather than OEM wheel button. coz, it has more function. ^^ Thank you, Leon

My pleasure mate. Glad you're happy.

Re extra functions available with the stalk, - all you get is a toggle switch on the end which allows 2 preset speeds. The same can be achieved by putting a 2 position toggle in the dash & wiring it in where the steering wheel switches connect. The main unit reads a different resistance for preset 1 & 2, in exactly the same way it knows what button on the wheel was pushed.

The only benefit of stalk over buttons would be the small amount of time saved by not pulling the steering wheel off & wiring/plugging it in. I'd take the tactile feel & factory look of the buttons any day, but that's just me :geek: .