SAU Community

R34 Gtt Issue

OMGGTR

Hi guys im fault finding for my mate he just did hid major service and now wen he gets upto 4.5krpm car makes droning noise and vibrates, i assumed timing is the issue what do u guys think?

Nope. But your answer is very random, like you just rolled a dice and it said 'timing'.

You're going I need to fault find and give us more information if you even want a slight guess from anyone here.

You didn't even have the decency to list any mods.

Is he running a t88, rb34 stroker, NOS and twin rear mounted secondary turbos?

Edited by The Mafia

Put a timing light on it to check. Your plug gap might be to big and causing a weak spark. But yeah like mafia said more info will help

Edited by Bsa

Will do, bsa. Mafia if he had all them mods dont u think i would have told him to get the service done were all the other work was done? Its a stocker with a front mount cooler and full exhaust, happy trolling?

Pull the plugs out re gap to .8 or .9 is he running stock boost? Also check all loom plugs are connected properly. If that still don't work check piping for rags most unlikely but never trust some one unless you know they are capable on rb engines they can be sensitive

did your mate change ignition coils as a part of his 100kkm service? R34 RB25 Neo coils are known to start dying at just about this milage. And they don't usually cease working completely, they may work okay under very light loads, at idle etc, but start causing missfires under heavier loads, i.e. on boost. It usually feels like soft rev limiter has been hit, it also sounds funny. And vibrates.

Even the small mods youve listed can cause issues. Plus, you haven't said why the car was at the mechanical shop, and what the intentions where of the mehanic.

Keep calling me a troll, I'll start calling you an uninformative dickead with an attitude, that expects us to look into a crystal ball and just magically come up with an answer, with very little to almost no information.

When you post an issue on skylines Australia, you post your mods, and the most obvious thing - what was changed before and after the issue.

We can't just guess.

Troll, well ye that seems something to look at legion ill let him know, mafia honestly its hard enough trying to get simple answers but u take it to the next level people are hesitating to ask questions coz assholes like u embaress them im not really switched on about this topic hence my questions no need to scream out loud that im uninformed ur an asshole full stop troll

Troll, well ye that seems something to look at legion ill let him know, mafia honestly its hard enough trying to get simple answers but u take it to the next level people are hesitating to ask questions coz assholes like u embaress them im not really switched on about this topic hence my questions no need to scream out loud that im uninformed ur an asshole full stop troll

lol you can forget about getting help on this forum with that attitude

My second post was perfectly valid. Wasn't smart, I was just making a simple point.

But you want to be an uninformative dickhead and blame your ignorance and arrogance someone else - me.

I wasn't trolling, as I said I was making a point. We need to know what has been done to the car, who, how, when, why, etc or we are just wasting our time guessing.

Anyway I say it again, you're an arrogant uninformative dickhead and gave us scraps to work with and then proceeded to call me a troll when I pointed out your lack of info.

Wanker - eat a dick, and go to ns.com

My second post was perfectly valid. Wasn't smart, I was just making a simple point.

But you want to be an uninformative dickhead and blame your ignorance and arrogance someone else - me.

I wasn't trolling, as I said I was making a point. We need to know what has been done to the car, who, how, when, why, etc or we are just wasting our time guessing.

Anyway I say it again, you're an arrogant uninformative dickhead and gave us scraps to work with and then proceeded to call me a troll when I pointed out your lack of info.

Wanker - eat a dick, and go to ns.com

no worse then this forum mate lol