SAU Community

Dyno Time Cost In Act?

Deziner

Hi all,

Yesterday I installed an Apexi Power Intake into my R33 GTR. They replaced the dodgy wire mesh type fake alloy pods that were in it when I bought it.

I have noticed though that now the responsiveness has been diminished somewhat. I am assuming that this is because the airflow is more restricted with the Apexi (proper) pod filters rather than just wire mesh.

My car was slightly tuned when we lived in Perth, basically adjusted the timing slightly and removed the boost restrictor.

I am thinking I need to have it stuck on a dyno and the timing re-adjusted to suit the new intake system.

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost in Canberra to have someone do this? And any suggestions on where to take it would be appreciated. I am aware of Ultimate Tunes, which is 10 minutes up the road from me.

Cheers.

Just jump on the phone and call around.

Everyone will pretty much be willing to beat the other person.

Just get as many quotes as you can

Then go to one of the guys like listed ESP or Trojan and tell them what you were quoted.

See if they can beat that

Little off topic but I did this with my windscreen and saved myself $150 + got a new seal

Thats still true. How hard can it be to set up a dyno?

I've never asked them but given the size of their workshop maybe it's got to do with the lack of room? Although that then makes you wonder why they have it in the first place.

I've never asked them but given the size of their workshop maybe it's got to do with the lack of room? Although that then makes you wonder why they have it in the first place.

they just need to park a few more skylines outside to make room lol

I'll wanna dyno tune my can when put in the electronic boost control to get the settings just right too.... Need to call round and see what i can get for that....

Any one seen and good threads with advise for setting one up? Or any one have much experience at it?? Had no luck searching so far.