SAU Community

New Speakers For C34

Duncan

OK, so I have pulled apart a bunch of cars over the years, but all I've ever done with the speakers is rip them out and throw them in the bin.

Now it seems one of the speakers in the rear door has failed in my car.

How easy is it to find a drop in replacement? Will a $30 set from supercheap work for someone with wooden ears like me? What size do I need for C34 rear speakers?

6' inch front and 6' rear and can use same speaker bracket mounts. imo buy splits front and 3 ways for back, add sub and 4 channel amp later.

mine does ok, nothing special. 260rsstagea paid 40k for his audio visual install zomg. some fella has a neat sub box enclosure thread on here so check it out.

OK thanks guys, I assume from the replies that any speaker the right size should drop in, something like these would be OK?

$80 a pair at supercheap

223893.jpg

If you're just running them off your head unit I'm sure those would be fine Dunc. Otherwise I'd look at a low end set of Kenwood/Alpine/Pioneer.

You can get a pretty good setup for under 2K. I got top range Polk 6" front and back with splits + sound deadening and amp. The sound is really crisp and it has plenty of down low, if you want everyone to hear what your listening to then add a sub so you can take the bass away from the speakers otherwise you don't need it.

• Like 1

They definitely are not 6" in the front. I bought a set of Pioneer 6" for my S2 and they were too small. Had to get a spacer that sized it down to 6" from 6.5. Your best bet would be to get a set of 6.5" speakers. JB Hi Fi have a sale on at the moment. Like i said though, It was only the fronts that I have changed so far, so the rears may be slighter smaller. Won't know til this weekend :thumbsup:

Best of Luck!

Super Cheap have Pioneer's for an extra $5?

Anything around that price range should be fine if you're only running off the headunit, but I do hear mixed things on the Fusions. Don't want them to rattle themselves apart, just want them to make noise without being annoying :thumbsup:

Exactly correct Andrew, I just want to replace the factory stuff because one of them has failed. I don't want to go out of my way to buy crap ones, but I am just looking to run a factory system from the head unit i have....it will never have amps/top shelf head units/ additional speakers etc etc

Thanks everyone, it looks like I should be buying 6.5 front and 6 rear (and perhaps should measure first lol). I'll go low but not lowest available price range

I had the same problem with the surrounds separating on my rear speakers and replaced them with Kenwood KFC-E1662 6 1/2 " 3 Ways. Fitted well with only a minor bit of trimming if I recall. The fronts are a bit trickier so I haven't got around to them yet.They cost me around the $80.00 mark as I recall.I just checked on Supercheaps website and they are $109.00. These worked well for me with the standard head unit. Regards Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I hit repco's 30% off speaker sale and bought 6"x 2way pioneer for the rear, and 6"x 3way pioneer for the front. About $150.

The 6" rear fit straight in with the 4 screws on the speaker into the factory plastic mounty thing. Just needed to join the 2 wires up to thee factory plug.

The front was a pita. The factory speaker is built into the plastic framey thing which meant either bolt the new speaker straight to the door, or cut up/modify/re-use the factory mount. I did the latter because I figure nissan knew more than me about speaker mounting and design. Took some stuffing around and use of self tappers to mount it....at least no-one will ever see that butchery. And the wiring was also a pain because I wanted to retain the factory wiring plug which was built into the mounting frame - more stuffing around with the soldering iron.

Does polarity matter in speakers? I wasn't aware it did, but the kit mentioned + and -....so I connected the blackest wire in each pair to the speaker (-). All works fine.

As for sound quality....I can conclusively confirm they sound better than 4x 20yo factory speakers (including one rooted one).

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I hit repco's 30% off speaker sale and bought 6"x 2way pioneer for the rear, and 6"x 3way pioneer for the front. About $150.

The 6" rear fit straight in with the 4 screws on the speaker into the factory plastic mounty thing. Just needed to join the 2 wires up to thee factory plug.

The front was a pita. The factory speaker is built into the plastic framey thing which meant either bolt the new speaker straight to the door, or cut up/modify/re-use the factory mount. I did the latter because I figure nissan knew more than me about speaker mounting and design. Took some stuffing around and use of self tappers to mount it....at least no-one will ever see that butchery. And the wiring was also a pain because I wanted to retain the factory wiring plug which was built into the mounting frame - more stuffing around with the soldering iron.

Does polarity matter in speakers? I wasn't aware it did, but the kit mentioned + and -....so I connected the blackest wire in each pair to the speaker (-). All works fine.

As for sound quality....I can conclusively confirm they sound better than 4x 20yo factory speakers (including one rooted one).

polarity on speakers does matter heaps if their is any bass it will sound like a puck instead of a doof use a multimeter put it on volts and check it. using the polarity around the way for too long will damage the voice coil in the speaker.