SAU Community

Testing The Cas

RB26TTVL

If I thought my cas wasn't working, for example, pulled it off, turned it by hand and got no spark or clicks from the injectors, how would I check?

I have tried another cas for same result. It may also be shagged.

Could I connect the power feed to the cas to either the 1

or 120 degree line and see a spark or injector pulse?

Hmmm should pulse the injectors when turning it by hand, I've never done it but as far as I know it should just be key on, turn CAS, listen for injectors/spark

Dont suppose you could try yet another CAS?

I'm not sure if putting voltage through the CAS will be bad for it, I'm not sure which pins are which and what power it should run at

Mines f**ked right now too the timings 60 degrees advanced. Check that it's fitted correctly cause you do have too line them up with number 1 tdc and their are two marks on the cas. I havnt ever heard that you can test them before. All I did was put a timing light on it and see we're it is. Ecu gets signal from the cas so if you try another cas and still faulty try ecu next

Spin the cas by hand and you will hear everthing click and spark, beware though as you will get a nasty backfire through the intake due to one of the valves being shut, fuel and then spark if you have any fuel pressure.

I did this by accident and my mate and I went deaf for about 5 minutes.