SAU Community

Need Grounding Kit Installation Manual

im assuming that the guy who originally put the grounding kit on my car did it incorrectly as the gear changes just take for-bloody-ever. if anyone can point me to a guide for the proper bolting locations for this kit, itd be appreciated.

i didnt realise how lethargic the nissan auto was untili drove the boxster this week..

ta

Edited by Deep Dish V35

The grounding kits do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Don't listen to a word anyone says if they say they do. I have put them on 3 of my previous cars and my V35 just in case they actually did something, but they don't.

And seriously, you are comparing a new (presumably dual clutch pack) $100k+ Porsche gearbox to an 8 year old V35 gearbox? WTF?

I have always wondered about the effectivness of grounding kits. I put one on my old J30 maxima years ago, and it did absolutly nothing. At the time I figured it was just a money making scheme for those who were too lazy to clean their factory ground points, and since I always kept connectors and ground points clean, it didn't do anyting for me.

my car comparison was simply from a point of selecting a gear in the V35 and then waiting multiple seconds for anything to happen. i have to select at 4000rpm so that it shifts by the time it gets to 6500rpm....,

its just that when driving our 2008 porsche, tiptronic is worlds apart in effectiveness. not so much the shift speed, but the shift delay..

And seriously, you are comparing a new (presumably dual clutch pack) $100k+ Porsche gearbox to an 8 year old V35 gearbox? WTF?

Does the boxster have a DSG? If so, then it is very unfair to compare it to any standard auto.. not just the V35 RE5.

The grounding kits do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Don't listen to a word anyone says if they say they do. I have put them on 3 of my previous cars and my V35 just in case they actually did something, but they don't.

I have to disagree, I put one on my V36 a while ago and it definitely sped up the speed of the down changes through the paddles. If it makes any difference to power (which I doubt), it would never be enough to be noticeable and it didn't seem to make any difference to the up changes. One other thing that I have noticed is that it doesn't seem to hunt for gears as much when driving in traffic, in full automatic, previously the box seemed to take a little while to decide which gear it wanted and would sometimes stay in a lower gear for too long. This simply makes it feel a little less jerky when putting around at low speed.

If you believe that they do absolutely zero, then that's fine, but I have noticed a definite difference. Now whether it was worth the $80 or whatever it was, is another question.

Edited by Alkatraz

my car comparison was simply from a point of selecting a gear in the V35 and then waiting multiple seconds for anything to happen. i have to select at 4000rpm so that it shifts by the time it gets to 6500rpm....,

its just that when driving our 2008 porsche, tiptronic is worlds apart in effectiveness. not so much the shift speed, but the shift delay..

you need a shift kit, at 4000 when you shift, the trans will shift at around 4200 or less

its not a shift kit thing. its something electrical. maybe even something in the computer that could be reprogrammed with the right scantool. i dont want it to throw itself into the mext gear and chirp the wheels, just begin the gearchange process when i push the selector.

looks like i'll have to post a video of how long it waits before changing gears. i can literally push the selector, turn the volume up on my radio, then put my hand back on the steering wheel before it does anything at all.

they all do it, they are programmed to be sluggish.

mine did the same thing also.

also the position of the throttle makes a difference. if you full throttle the car, no matter where you select to change gear, it will change at redline (or close to it) again, another programming thing by the TCU