SAU Community

World Time Attack Challenge 2012

handbrake

Time to start a thread to collate all the info on teams, rumours and what not. Despite Fatz running a breakaway superlap competition, I reckon WTAC 2012 should be bigger and better than ever.

Hopefully more international crews will make the trip if rumours are correct.

No doubt there will be more crazy local cars in all classes.

We will be there again in the R35, in the hope of significantly improving on last year.

Dates confirmed as 10th and 11th of August.

Plenty of info and rumours already appearing around the internet.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill be in the stands and pits yelling and grinning as usual, looking at the grid girls and stealing stickers, I hope they get some good Tshirts too as last years were non existant, 2010 were rubbish and fell apart but the 2009 ones are still going strong.

Good luck with your builds guys, hope everyone goes well.

Is it August yet ?????

Looking forward to it already! I'll be there again. Hopefully a few more aero mods and maybe lean on the motor a bit more to get more straight line speed :) might try some 295s if they fit ;) aiming for a 39 although that will probably just be good enough for mid pack these days!

* in before bitter lemon(s).

Dates might work in my favour this year so should be able to make finally the trip up for the first time.

Usually miss out as it's peak work period, however the schedule looks to start the week after :w00t::w00t:

Be interesting to see what cars/teams come out, and more importantly what do the local heros have. First year of building their specific car for a lot of people so hopefully they are even more competitive on the world stage :yes:

and in case you didnt read it above, Cyber evo and Sierra Sierra evo have retired.

Takizawa-san (the Dentisit who owns the cyber evo - background as an engineer) is planning an R35 for competition in 2013 if rumours are correct.

trash talk from the americans on FB

https://www.facebook...150427299790881

https://www.facebook...326063994073178

Not sure how the 'Global time attack series' over there is going. If it is anything like the world series of baseball though I reckon an american will be odds on favourite to win it lol

trash talk from the americans on FB

https://www.facebook...150427299790881

https://www.facebook...326063994073178

Not sure how the 'Global time attack series' over there is going. If it is anything like the world series of baseball though I reckon an american will be odds on favourite to win it lol

LOL wow gotta laugh @ that Mark :D

Indeed that's the thing about American Leagues, they are against Americans. Who of course... Are the best at everything :rolleyes:

The thing is, they do have some fast cars I would love to see over here other than the retired SSE evo. I hope the rumours of some other cars coming over are true, will wait to see what unfolds.

The US series tyre regs seem to be different though and available tyre sizes are therefore greater. They dont seem to think much of the Japanese time attack tradition of limiting to semislicks.

Yeah that's the distinct impressing going by those posts without a doubt.

I mean "2 laps and the tyres are dead"... Well... That's kinda what a 1-lap dash is about I would've thought?

Would be interesting to see them over here as well. Perhaps a few more might have their interest tickled.

It's like anything though, gotta work within the confines.

Wasn't this car and the gst wrx coming last year but pulled out leaving Ian with the bill? stuff the yanks if they pull those ones and i reckon Ian would want to make them put up the cash up front and then pay em when they arrive.